Bristlecone Ridge Ranch - Large Home with Spectacular Mountain Views(16 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
5 Bedrooms, 3 Full Bathrooms, Sleeps up to 20
This property offers something for everyone. The home is perfect for weddings. It has a large outdoor area ready for a wedding tent with breathtaking views of the valley and mountains. Golf courses are minutes away in La Veta and Walsenburg. The home has 600-acres of pastures, rolling hills, mountainside and plateau to serve as your private hunting paradise (call for details). Or you can explore the terrain on your ATV, enjoy an afternoon hike or have a romantic picnic overlooking the valley.
Bristlecone Ranch has it all. Relax and drink in the beauty!
Please also see 'RATES' section -
RATES FOR THE WHOLE YEAR OF 2016
1) 1/1/2016-1/5/2016; Season: New Years Day Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4-nights; Rates - $560/night, 5+ nights - $530/night, $3,612/week, $7,500/month.
2) 1/6/2016-3/31/2016; Season: Off Peak-Mid-Winter (OP); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $605/night, 3-4 nights - $560/night, 5+ nights - $530/night, $3,612/week, $7,500/month.
3) 4/1/2016-5/26/2016; Season: Peak (P); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $716/night, 3-4 nights - $599/night, 5+ nights - $560/night, $3,822/week, $9,000/month.
4) 5/27/2016-6/6/2016; Season: Memorial Day Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4 nights - $599/night, 5+ nights - $560/night, $3,822/week, $9,000/month.
5) 6/7/2016-6/23/2016; Season: Peak- Early Summer (P); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $716/night, 3-4 nights - $599/night, 5+ nights - $560/night, $3,822/week, $9,000/month.
6) 6/24/2016-7/11/2016; Season: Independence Day Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4 nights - $599/night, 5+ nights - $560/night, $3,822/week, $9,000/month.
7) 7/12/2016-8/26/2016; Season: Peak- Mid Summer (P); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $716/night, 3-4 nights - $599/night, 5+ nights - $560/night, $3,822/week, $9,000/month.
8) 8/27/2016-9/12/2016; Season: Labor Day Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4 nights - $599/night, 5+ nights - $560/night, $3,822/week, $9,000/month.
9) 9/13/2016-10/31/2016; Season: Peak- Early Fall (P); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $716/night, 3-4 nights - $599/night, 5+ nights - $560/night, $3,822/week, $9,000/month.
10) 11/1/2016-11/17/2016; Season: Off Peak-Fall (OP); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $605/night, 3-4 nights - $560/night, 5+ nights - $530/night, $3,612/week, $7,500/month.
11) 11/18/2016-11/28/2016; Season: Thanksgiving Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4-nights; Rates - $560/night, 5+ nights - $530/night, $3,612/week, $7,500/month.
12) 11/29/16-12/15/2016; Season: Off Peak-Early Winter (OP); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $605/night, 3-4 nights - $560/night, 5+ nights - $530/night, $3,612/week, $7,500/month.
13) 12/16/2016-12/31/2016; Season: Christmas Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4-nights; Rates - $560/night, 5+ nights - $530/night, $3,612/week, $7,500/month.
GENERAL RATES AND FEES NOTES
A) 'Holiday Stays' (H): 4-day minimum;
B) All 'Peak' (P) Seasons: 2-day minimum - $716.00/night, 3-4 nights - $599.00/night, 5+ nights - $560.00;
C) All 'Off Peak' (OP) Seasons: 2-day minimum - $605.00/night, 3-4 nights - $560.00/night, 5+ nights - $530.00;
D) Peak Monthly - $9,000.00 (April - October); Off Peak Monthly - $7,500.00 (November - March);
E) Seasonal Hunting on Property -Trespass Fee - $1,500.00/gun;
F) Event (i. e. weddings) Facility Fee - $375.00, Call for guidelines and charges,
G) Housekeeping Fee - $300.00; Additional Mid-Stay Cleanings Upon Request - $300.00/cleaning; Additional Cleaning Fee for over 13 guests - $100.00; Pet Fee (Dogs Only) - $90.00/pet;
H) Security Deposit: Greater of $750.00 (excluding events); Event Security Deposit: 50 or less Guests - $500.00; 51 or more Guests: Additional $250.00;
I) All Pay Per View (PPV) features on TV are charged to guests
J) Call for Specials;
K) Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 5200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, Beds for 13-20
- King size beds (4), Queen size Beds (2), Twin or Single Beds (1), high quality full-height inflatable queen size beds (3), inflatable single bed (1). This accommodation sleeps 13 - 20. King Beds - 4 - Sleeps 8; Queen Beds - 2 - Sleeps 4; Single Bed - 1 - Sleeps 1; Inflatable Queen Bed - 3 - Sleeps 6; Inflatable Single Bed - 1 - Sleeps 1; Total - Sleeps 20...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- 1. Main Kitchen has 2 dishwashers. 2. Second full kitchen in lower level. 3. Elliptical cross-trainer in game room. 4. Extra queen-size beds are full height auto-inflatable beds. Your sleep will be as restful on these beds as any other. They can be placed in any room. 5. All long distance and international calls are charged to guests. 6. All PPV features on TV are charged to guests. 7. Events allowed – call for guidelines and charges. 8. Winter Visits - Can have snowfall - Recommend 4-wheel drive or all wheel drive vehicles. 9. Mountain air is thinner – This accommodation is suitable for all healthy children, adults and elderly. Guests with respiratory conditions should consult their physicians first before booking....moreless
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Off Peak-Early Winter (OP)
Nov 29 - Dec 15, 2016
3 night min stay
Christmas Holiday (H)
Dec 16 - Jan 7, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 13 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Housekeeping Fee $300
- Pet Fee $90
- Refundable Damage Deposit $750
- Taxes Not included
2)All "Peak"(P) Seas: 2-dy min-$716/nt, 3-4 nts-$599/nt, 5+nts-$560/nt; $10/guest/night above 13 guests
3)All "Off Peak" (OP) Seas: 2-dy min-$605/nt, 3-4 nts-$560/nt, 5+nts-$530/nt; $10/guest/night above 13 guests
4)Peak Mo-$9K (Apr-Oct); Off-Peak Mo-$7.5K (Nov-Mar);
5)Seas Hunting-Tresp Fee $1,500/gun; Event Fee-$375;
6)Hskpg Fee-$300; Mid-Stay Upon Req.-$300; Dogs-$90/pet
7)Sec Dep $750; Event Sec Dep Req
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Things To Do In / Near La Veta:.......... DOWNTOWN LA VETA.....This small, laid-back town at the base of the majestic Spanish Peaks is located along the Scenic Highway of Legends, La Veta, the vein, served as a vital lifeline a century ago; the town was originally a busy trading center, supplying the nearby area with goods. It is now home to a diverse population of artists and ranchers. Nine buildings on the site of an adobe trading post make up the Fort Francisco Museum. In addition to a schoolhouse and re-created general store, the fort contains collections of furniture, clothing, tools and more. While in town, visit the Spanish Peaks Arts Council and other local galleries for exhibits of local artists' works. Enjoy dinner at the historic La Veta Inn in the heart of town. Just down the street is the Ryus Avenue Bakery. The town offers numerous antique and gift shops for you to peruse. (19 min, 14 mi.).............HIGHWAY OF LEGENDS SCENIC BYWAY.....The Scenic Byway follows the Cucharas River north of the pass then leads into the Purgatory River Valley. It provides beautiful views of the Spanish Peaks as it leads southward through the San Isabel National Forest. The Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range lies to the west. (23 min., 16 mi.).............ASPEN VIEWING.....The beautiful aspen is the quintessential Colorado tree. In the summer, the aspen provide shade for the state flower, the columbine; and when fall foliage comes on the scene, Coloradans rejoice as the aspens’’ quaking leaves turn their vibrant shade of gold. A trip on the Highway of Legends or virtually any other road offers some of the most beautiful aspen viewing you will ever see.............LATHROP STATE PARK..... Nestled in the shadow of the Spanish Peaks, this park offers a gentle climate, 103 campsites, fishing, water-skiing, golf, hiking and great views of the nearby mountain ranges. Lathrop offers two distinctive fishing and boating opportunities. Marin Lake is a great fishing lake which can also be enjoyed by boating enthusiasts throughout the summer. Horseshoe Lake is a no wake lake which provides ample fishing opportunity and also a beautiful serene experience for kayakers. (31 min., 24 mi.).............RIO GRAND SCENIC RAILROAD ...... Originally, these workaday trains brought supplies to inaccessible mining settlements. Today, three routes run along the edge of the San Isabel National Forest and take riders past historic places still virtually inaccessible any other way. In the warmer months, riders can often see bears along the route to La Veta. Start and End Points are 1) La Veta to Alamosa, and 2) Alamos/Antonito or Alamosa to Monte Vista. (26 min., 14 mi.)...........GRANDOTE PEAKS GOLF CLUB .....Experience Grandote Peaks Golf Club one of the finest and most affordable golf courses in Colorado. You’ll find this beautiful Weiskopf/Morrish layout at the base of the majestic Spanish Peaks with spectacular views of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. Championship tees play over 7,000 yards, but with 4 sets of tees to choose from men and women of all skill levels can challenge themselves to an exhilarating round of golf. At the end of the day, relax on the clubhouse deck and take in a gorgeous mountain sunset. Experience Colorado golf at its finest. (28 min., 15 mi.)...............CUCHARA, COLORADO.......Cuchara is situated on the eastern slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the heart of the Cucharas River Valley. The town is surrounded by the San Isabel National Forest with all its' lakes, mountains and wilderness. On the east side of town is the West Spanish Peak. The Cuchara River flows along the edge of town. About 8 miles south of Cuchara Pass is North Lake State Wildlife Area, a trophy fishing area. A little further south is Monument Lake Park, a full service facility on the shores of Monument Lake. (48 min., 28 mi.)............... GREAT SAND DUNES......The Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve features the tallest dunes in North America and is just 35 miles northeast of Alamosa. It is an easy drive by U.S. 160. Against the backdrop of rugged 14,000-foot peaks in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the 30-square mile dune field, with no designated trails, invites you to explore freely. The natural system of the Park ranges from sand dunes to forests, from cottonwood groves to majestic mountain peaks and tundra. The highest elevation in the park is 13,604'. Play in intermittent Medano Creek, hike forest trails, or camp in the back country (1 hr. 8 min., 57 mi.)............... TAOS, NM.....Take a moment to explore Taos and discover the beauty, the culture, the people that make Taos and Northern New Mexico the Land of Enchantment. Seated on the high-desert mesa at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Taos is rich with art and steeped in history. Home to Taos Pueblo, the Village of Taos Ski Valley and a colorful array of surrounding communities, Taos County has something for everyone. (2 hrs., 8 min., 107 mi.)
Bristlecone Ranch - Spring / Summer
Sunset View - Spanish Peaks
Main Floor Laundry
Deck View - East
Fall View East - Spanish Peaks
North View - Mt Mestas
Lower Level Living/Dining Room
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 07, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.