Spacious Traditional Portuguese Villa on 5* Praia Del Rey Golf Resort(14 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4/5 bedrooms, extensive gardens and secluded swimming pool
Praia-del-Rey has been chosen as Portugal’s No1 golf course (Peugeot) and ranked 13 in Europe by Golf World. There are also all weather tennis courts available.
2006,2007,2008 - Home Overseas Award
Flights/Car Hire:: The closest Airport is Lisbon and is serviced by flights with British Airways, Monarch, TAP and Easyjet. Booking as early as possible will enable you to get some very reasonable rates. For Car Hire it is best to book car hire before arrival and this will again secure the best rates. The drive to Praia del Rey is about 50 miles and nearly all of it is on a motorway and is very easy. If you take a taxi from the airport it will cost approx. 90 euros. We do have the telephone number of a very helpful taxi driver (who speaks English well) in the village and you can phone him from this country and make a reservation and he will be at the airport to pick you up. We have always found him to be very reliable and this will be a cheaper alternative than picking up a taxi from outside the airport.
Activities: : Within the Praia del Rey comples is an 18 hold Championship golf course rate No. 1 in Portugal by Peugeot's 2003 guide - lessons/driving range available. Clubhouse with restaurant. 5* Marriot Hotel with restaurants, spas and fitness rooms. Seven all weather tennis courts. Childrens activity playground. Swimming pool. Beach for sunbathing or long walks. 3km is Obidos Lagoon - ideal for paddling with very small children. Day trips to the Berlengas Islands, which is a National Park, can be taken in the summer months from Peniche. A Go-Karting track is at Lourinha. A cinema and bowling alley have just opened up in Caldas da Rainha.
Praia D'El Rey Golf was elected 2011’s 'Portugal´s Leading Golf Resort” by the World Travel Awards. These awards are considered by many as the “Oscars” in Tourism. Also, 'Portugal's Leading Resort' in 2007 and 2008, along with Europe’s Leading Golf & Leisure Resort in 2009 & 2010.
The Area:: Obidos and Peniche are the two nearest towns. Obidos dates from 300BC and a world heritage town with narrow streets leading to a castle at the top of the hill surrounded by a walled town. It is very pretty with its whitewashed walls and blue paint with bourganvilla's and hanging baskets of cascading flowers. Peniche is a working fishing port where day trips to the Berlengas Islands (National Park) can be taken in summer. Other towns Bombarral (wine), Caldas da Rainha (ceramics- who supplies Harrods of London with some of their wares!, good shopping, market and restaurants) a new cinema and bowling alley, Foz do Arrelho (alternate beaches) Fatima (religious shrine) Lisbon (museums, shopping and nightlife).
We are happy to provide visitors new to the area with additional information on places to visit, restaurants, etc.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2004
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- The master bedroom is situated on the 1st floor with two sets of double doors opening onto a balcony overlooking the back of the property and the swimming pool. This bedroom has a King Size Four Poster Bed and has its own ensuite bathroom with double basins, toilet, bidet and shower. The second bedroom, also, has an ensuite bathroom with basin, toilet and bath. Downstairs two double bedrooms share a bathroom with double basins, toilet and bath/shower. A study could also be made into a 5th bedroom and has a sofa bed which can be made into a single bed. Rental rates are for up to 9 people. If it transpires that additional people use the villa then a charge for the additional number of persons will be deducted from the deposit. If renters wish to hold parties then permission needs to be obtained before the event! Cot and highchair can be provided if you request these in advance....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Bathroom 1 which is an ensuite to the Master Bedroom has recently been refurbished to a high standard. Bathroom 2 needs refurbishing but is very clean and servicable. Bathroom 3 is a typical Portuguese bathroom with old Portuguese tiles. Cloakroom has a basin and toilet and again has old Portuguese tiles....moreless
- This villa has mature gardens and fruit trees and many different terraces that can be used for sitting outside. A conservatory is situated on the back of the property overlooking the swimming pool. Ideal for days when the weather might not be so good. The sitting room is split level with a fireplace on the top level with a wood burning stove and four armchairs. The lower level has seating for eight people at least. The lounge is so large we have even had Irish friends dancing in the middle of the room! A seperate dining room has seating for ten people. The kitchen is typically Portuguese and is well equipped and has the original Portuguese tiles. No smoking in the property but the garden is so large there is plenty of room to go and smoke outside. Praia del Rey has a Club Aventura which caters for all ranges of children’s sports. Please copy and paste the following link into your website browser:- http://www.praia-del-rey.com/index.php/clube-aventura/agua/?lang=en ...moreless
- CD Player
- Music Library
- Pool Table
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Horseback Riding
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Alarm Clock
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Restaurant Guide
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Porch / Veranda
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 1 - May 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Jun 1 - Sep 16, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $492.66
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
Rental rates include: Gas, Electricity, linen, towels (internal use only). Beach towels are not available. Maid service can be arranged at additional cost. Payment can be made in Euros or GBP - please state when needing to book. A non refundable deposit of 25% is required on booking and the balance is payable 8 weeks prior to departure. A refundable damage deposit of £400 or 550 Euros is also required and needs to be added to final payment. This amount is refunded after the management company has checked the villa for damages after your departure.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Praia del Rey is located about 1 hours drive from Lisbon on the unspoilt West Coast between the ancient towns of Obidos (World Heritage Site) and Peniche. A visit to the walled town of Obidos is a must for not only the history and views from the castle walls but also for the shopping in the narrow cobbled streets. There are also some very good restaurants within the walls of the city.
Peniche, a historic picturesque fishing town with its 16th century fortress is known for its seafood restaurants which are excellent and inexpensive.
Baleal is between Praia del Rey and Peniche and this is a very popular bay for surfers from all over the World.
Caldas de Rainha, about 15 minutes away has very good shops and fruit/veg and fish markets, together with a cinema and Ten pin Bowling Centre.
A welcome sheet is available, to those renting, to give you additional information about the area, restaurants, nightlife and places to visit.
Golf: Golf: An excellent 18 hole championship golf course with a mix of links and forest holes. The course has spectacular views over the Atlantic. Tee off times can be arranged in advance at Praia del Rey and there are at least 10 other quality 18 hole courses nearby. There is a pro-shop, driving range and English professionals available to give advice and lessons. You will need an official handicap. Buggies, trolleys and clubs are all available to rent. Golfers who've played the Praia D'El Rey course will know that it is regularly ranked not just among Portugal's top courses, but among Europe's top courses. Danish tour operators have voted Praia D’El Rey among the top 10 courses in Europe, and also the US's prestigious 'The Golfer magazine' has now ranked us among their Top 10 in Continental Europe. And that's not all. Famous US golfer Greg Norman has written the foreword to a new book, Planet Golf (ed. Darius Oliver 2007) which defines the 'great golf courses outside the USA'. Only 5 Iberian courses were chosen, two of which were in Portugal. One is, Praia D'El Rey... 2007 - 'Best European Golf Resort' (awarded by leading golf tour operators) and 'Portugal's Leading Resort' from the World Travel Awards.
Master Bedroom with double doors onto balcony
Side of Villa
Praia del Rey Beach
Obidos Walled Town
Drying fish on Nazare Beach
Buddha Garden in Bombarrel
Street artwork in Lisbon
2nd Bedroom with ensuite
Side Terrace by Kitchen
Fish Market in Caldas
Windmill in Serra del Rei
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.