Spacious Hideaway Retreat with Lush Waterfall Garden - Minutes to Everything(41 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2600sf early Seattle home. Lovingly renovated and landscaped. Quiet and secluded
Every room has a unique feel and the many large windows throughout the house provide wrap-around views of the greenery outside while flooding the house with soft, natural light. Swing open the doors and windows to let the outside in and you’ll be drawn to explore the beautifully landscaped grounds highlighted by a multi-level waterfall and reflection pond. The surrounding rock garden, bamboo stands, and grape arbor add to the beauty of the natural setting and offer a lush backdrop for your outdoor events and activities.
Eclectic collections of keepsakes grace the interior of the residence. In addition to a personalized letter signed by John F Kennedy and 60’s era rock & roll memorabilia, you will find a photo gallery of early Seattle scenes, an old-time gramophone, our grandparents’ antique wedding portrait, and other collectibles from our many travels. The distinctive collection gives the home a personal touch much appreciated by our guests.
This vacation rental has hosted many wedding rehearsal dinners and post wedding brunches, family and friend reunions, photo shoots, and film crews. Our guests have included movie directors, producers and actors, Greenpeace “kayak –tivists”, conference attendees and internationally known professional gamers. It has also been an onsite location for two documentary films. But first and foremost, it’s been a home away from home for many, many families, good friends and work associates who want to spend their time together.
Our property is listed exclusively on the safe and secure Homeaway/VRBO website. As owners, we take great pride in personally serving our guests and want to ensure you will be comfortable and satisfied during your stay. Your welcome greeting upon arrival includes a brief introduction to the property and an opportunity for us to answer any outstanding questions you may have about the home, nearby commercial areas and the many amenities Seattle has to offer.
We maintain a separate basement apartment on the property where we spend a portion of our time. We completely respect your privacy and you will rarely, if ever see us during your visit although we are only a phone call away. As with any well-maintained property, during the summer months, you may occasionally find our gardening staff or us tending to the garden in an effort to keep it looking its best. We try to accomplish this when you are away from the home.
In addition to being readily available for any needs that may arise during your stay, should you decide to pre-order groceries online (amazon.fresh.com or safeway.com) for delivery prior to your arrival, we will be happy to accept your delivery and stock your refrigerator/freezer with your items.
Detailed description of the home:
Four bedrooms offer comfortable sleeping accommodations for up to eight people with three bedrooms on the upper floor and one on the main floor:
• The light and airy master bedroom, located on the upper level with a treetop view of the city, features an antique armoire, an electric fireplace heater and a memory foam queen sized bed (sleeps two). There is adequate floor space to add a rollaway or portable infant crib, which are both available upon request.
• The kid’s bedroom, located on the upper level is for the children in all of us. Equipped with a set of bunk beds (sleeps two), this room also has a cozy “Harry Potter” (named by a guest) space where young children like to play, read and dream. The room features it’s own large stuffed elephant, an elephant painting and an easel and chalkboard for those who wish to express their creativity.
• Located at the far end of the upstairs hallway, is a small but private bedroom with a double bed (sleeps two). It features antique pocket windows that open directly onto the peaceful and soothing sound of the waterfall. You will be intrigued by the original closet and dressing space in this room.
• The main floor bedroom holds the same comfortable ambiance found in the home’s other living spaces. It features surround windows and a privacy screen of natural trees, giving the feeling of being one with nature. This unique room is a favorite with our guests. It has one queen bed (sleeps two) and room for a rollaway if you are willing to share the “Bird’s Nest” experience!
• We care about saving elephants and each year a part of our proceeds is donated to the World Wildlife Fund to protect endangered elephants in Africa where 96 of them are slaughtered each day for the sale of their ivory. You will find elephants of all sizes and materials throughout the home, but particularly in the “Quiet Room” at the end of the upstairs hallway. The room is a tribute to our life-long appreciation of the giant beasts.
• The spacious and well-equipped gourmet kitchen features stainless steel appliances, a Bertazzoni gas range, Calphalon pots and pans, and all of the usual amenities of home. (Dinnerware includes service for twelve). There is ample space to gather around the counter for pleasant conversation while feeding the kids in the open and airy breakfast nook. French doors to both the side deck and the backyard patio offer a variety of summer dining and relaxing alternatives for your group.
• Our all-natural linens are professionally laundered and pressed just for you. All duvet covers and bath towels are freshly changed between each guest visit. Bath amenities, soaps, and an initial supply of TP, paper towels and garbage bags are supplied.
• The living room sectional sofa seats eight people comfortably. There is more intimate conversational seating in front of the cozy stone fireplace, on rocking chairs in the enclosed front porch, or gazing at the water feature from the comfy sofa in the quiet den/office.
• Wireless Internet access is provided as well as a TV with network channels, Apple TV and a DVD player located in the main living room. Feel free to bring your own movies or video games to enhance your family time or enjoy our many available puzzles and box games.
• Wildlife abounds in the neighborhood and recent sightings include blue herons, bald eagles, hawks, coyotes, raccoons, squirrels, woodpeckers, blue jays, and a resident barred owl!
• The residence is a short walk to a landmark viewpoint where you will be delighted by the beautiful city skyline, the distant Cascade mountain range and the snow-covered splendor of Mount Rainier.
• While the house is super conveniently located, we recommend our guests have a car to take in all of the in-town, ocean and mountain adventures. Unlike most property rentals in the area, you will have convenient off-street parking for up to three cars with additional private parking upon request.
• The house is located a short walk from a major downtown bus line or you may want to try the nearby water taxi for a pleasant boat ride to explore the waterfront, shop at the Pike Place Market, or take in a Mariner, Seahawk, or Sounder game.
• Please note. There are a number of stairs leading to the main entrance of the home. If members of your party have physical challenges, please let us know in advance so we can help plan for the best accommodations.
• While we love family pets, we are sensitive to future guests who may have pet allergies, so no furry friends are welcome at this time.
• Non-family groups wishing to rent the property must all be 25 years or older.
We’ve worked hard to create a very special place for our guests in this very special setting. We are sure your experience will leave you with pleasant memories of your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Janelle and Max
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
206 295 3733
8a-10p Pacific time
Member since: 2012
- 2600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
The property has a large water feature in the backyard. For their safety, children under the age of 12 must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult. Not suitable for children under the age of 5. ...moreless
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Rain Forests
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Garbage Disposal
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
- Deck Furniture
- Fully Fenced Property
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch Furniture
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 16 - Jan 2, 2017
7 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $40 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $40 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $79
- Cleaning $150 + tax
- Tax Rate 9.6%
$100 fee will be charged for cancellations until thirty days before check-in date. No refunds within thirty days of check-in.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Walking distance to Alki beach and minutes from the amenities of downtown Seattle, including the world-famous Space Needle, Pike Place Market, public ferry system and diverse Seattle waterfront, where activities abound. Downtown Seattle can be accessed via car, bus or convenient water taxi.
Only 15 minutes north of SEATAC airport and on a local Metro bus route. You can have it all from here....
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: We love the richness of our lives and it is reflected in our family values and independent ideas. Max is a native of Seattle while I am from San Francisco but came to Seattle twenty five years ago, where the two of us met and joined forces to raise a wonderful extended family of four children. With the children grown and four beautiful grandchildren to enjoy on weekends, we decided to “simplify” our lives so we could pursue other pursuits - like business adventures in Africa! Never a dull moment! We look forward to meeting you.
Why the Owner Chose North Admiral (West Seattle, Seattle, WA, USA):
We purchased this property because of its serene and private qualities and its potential to one day reflect our true lifestyle and character. After many years of loving toil, today it is everything we dreamed of and more. Its close, convenient proximity to downtown, while hidden in the trees overlooking Elliott Bay, this in-city retreat exudes the true ambiance of Seattle. There isn’t a friend or stranger who has stayed here, who doesn’t feel relaxed and rejuvenated by its warmth and natural style.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
After a long day of upscale shopping, boating, taking in the many Seattle attractions, or attending a professional sports event, you can return to the serenity of your private oasis. Cook dinner in your gourmet kitchen and dine on the patio or formal dining room. Enjoy the lights of the city skyline as you reflect on the day from the cozy sitting porch before retiring for the night to the sound of your own waterfall. Wrap yourself in the morning sights and sounds of the birds and outdoor wildlife alongside the natural-style water feature before you start your day all over again. There is a lot of space for everyone including a reading room, a game room and a large living room with stone fireplace for those rainy Seattle nights.
- Primary: 206 295 3733 8a-10p Pacific time
- Secondary: +1 2069092471 Max
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Waterfall and fern grotto in the morning light.
Front of the house showing the entrance stairs and driveway guest parking area.
Living room with TV cabinet. French doors lead to main floor bedroom.
Super comfy wrap-around sofa.
Formal dining room.
Entrance to the study where there is an antique oak desk and another comfy sofa.
Large kitchen pier with lots of room for food prep and casual dining.
Updated upstairs full bath with original claw foot tub.
BdRm 1 - City-view master bedroom with memory foam topper.
BdRm 2 - The kids' room.
Step from the deck directly into the backyard patio garden.
The dead-end street is literally a quiet country lane in the city.
Waterfall/Pond-side flagstone patio and surrounding rock garden.
Stone gas fired fireplace.
View from the front door into the kitchen.
Looking back toward the entrance and into the kitchen.
Knotty pine study looking out to the pond and waterfall.
The large kitchen and Bertazzoni 5 burner gas range.
Casual dining table and doorway to garden patio.
BdRm 4 - Sunroom bedroom, like sleeping in a treehouse.
Bedroom 3 - Windows slide apart to let in the gentle sound of the waterfall
North side deck and garden with the huge pine shade tree.
The magical aura of the patio engulfs you after the sun goes down.
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 07, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM