Your own PRIVATE RANCH! 2 BR 2BA 1200 SF CABIN w/ ALL AMENITIES OF HOME
Jim Kephart, owner
About Jim Kephart, owner
Long time owner/operator of guest ranch in West Yellowstone
Jim Kephart, owner purchased this Cabin in 2014
Why Jim Kephart, owner chose Silver Star
I had been searching for several years for a nice rural parcel. Several other deals came & went--and then I found this place. The views alone are worth it all---not just million dollar views but TEN MILLION DOLLAR VIEWS--- at a great price! We have worked hard to give YOU-the hardworking middle class and upper middle class- a nice bit of what you are used to... PLUS some of what only the "1%" usually get--at an AFFORDABLE price. TREAT YOURSELF, and Enjoy your stay!Setting and location is INCREDIBLE. Cabin is very fun and comfy, with a nice splash of luxury.
What makes this Cabin unique
TOTALLY PRIVATE (170 acres surrounded by BLM land), yet 6 minutes to Twin Bridges, 35 minutes to butte, and 65-70 minutes to Bozeman
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 12:30 PM
non smoking only
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Vaca with the doggies
We all had a nice time! And the dogs got to run around freely!
We enjoyed staying there, finding the place was a little difficult for the first time, little more info on where to turn would be handy.
These were VERY nice folks. I felt awful about their trouble finding the place, but (Murphy's Law) it was dusk when they arrived (worst time of the day--even night is better). Also, I didn't realize they were from Europe and neither my cellphone nor my voice over IP house phone allows me to call overseas numbers.[Still trying to figure that out!]
I would CERTAINLY recommend these folks to other hosts.
Deceptive photos, appliances barely functioning
If you think you will be fishing from this property, think again. The photos are carefully taken to imply such but the property is a rocky cactus filled mess. House was nice but there is a lenglthy list of instructions about how to use all the appliances and even the toilet so we elected to avoid using just about anything.
First, our MANY 4 & 5 star reviews speak for themselves.The appliances all work and are standard to american middle class homes[Tenant DID break handle on guest tub'shower that switches from one to another-maybe THAT is what they meant.] Our descriptions clearly indicate nearest fishing is via MT "access" at S. end of ranch. Also, properties with private water on ranch go for 400-$1k/night...NOT $69-99 Second, tenant never responded to any efforts to see if he needed anything. Third, tenant left my outdoor umbrella open and destroyed it. They also broke THREE slats in DR vertical blinds-and never bothered to mention so I could bring supplies out to repair. Their children had crayons in several places-GROUND INTO FLOOR...also lots of cookie crumbs & such in multiple places Last, but not least, someone shaved legs in tub & left hair & shave cream to dry.
I HATE writing bad reviews/responses (this is my second EVER-5 years). However, system forced me to review to see my review and I tried to go esay. They have 3 kids and I know this isn't easy. However, looking at this "review" it's obviously another immature, destructively entitled "millenial"
Silver Star Ranch
If you want to be left alone this is the place to be. You are fairly remote but if you are willing to travel a little you have access to some really nice places. Also if you want you have a mountain to hike and we saw quite a bit of wildlife right out of the back door.
Cabin with views
Hunting cabin with plenty of privacy and great views!
Great place to relax and take in the views
This house was amazing and in a great location. Our family loved hiking and walking and with the 170 acres we never ran out of space. We discovered after one day that we wanted to stay home and explore. Thank you again Jim for your overflowing hospitality and giving my family such a wonderful first time out west. We are hoping to come back next July.
THINGS TO DO
Twin Bridges Montana Travel Information
Twin Bridges - Montana
Visit Montana – General information on Montana.
Bannack State Park – Visit an old western ghost town.
Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks – Complete information on hunting and fishing licenses & seasons, including on-line applications.
MORE TO SEE AND DO-
• Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks (we’re halfway between—2.5 hours to each!)
• Tour the Ruby Valley: Virginia City & Nevada City (1860’s Gold Rush Towns); Alder; Ennis (great restaurants and shopping and art galleries); Norris Hot Springs
• Virginia City-Tour authentic 19th Century buildings; Pan for GOLD & MONTANA RUBIES; Attend Va. City Players (local theater) or Brewery Follies
• Rodeo in Dillon
• Rodeo in Ennis
• Bannack State Park (old west ghost town & Montana’s 1st Capitol!)
• Tour Lewis & Clark Caverns http://stateparks.mt.gov/lewis-and-clark-caverns (Dinner at LaHood Steakhouse after!)
• Buffalo Jump State Park
• Missouri Headwaters State Park
• Visit Historic Butte http://www.mainstreetbutte.org/attract.htm ; http://www.butteamerica.com ; World Museum of Mining
• Dillon (Patagonia Outlet & LOTS more shopping; restaurants, etc—see that listing))
• Bozeman (incredible shopping & restaurants; MSU; MUSEUM OF THE ROCKIES!)
• Shop for Antiques (Butte, Bozeman)
• Horseback Riding ( Iron Wheel Ranch www.ironwheel.com/trail-rides )
• Ruby, Madison, Jefferson, and Big Hole Rivers-Float OR Fish!
• Twin Bridges, Whitehall, Dillon, and Butte Museums
• Golf (Dillon; Butte; Anaconda-OLD WORKS!)
• Free Public Library (DVD!)-Twin Bridges (6 miles);Whitehall & Sheridan (15 miles)
• Farmer’s Market (summer months)-Sheridan (Thurs.); Butte (Sat)
• Movie Theaters-(Star-Whitehall-VERY LOW PRICES!) (Dillon-2 screens-good prices)
• Concerts and Lectures at the College (Dillon)
• Great Hiking-On Our 170 Acres, Plus adjacent BLM lands --and throughout our area!
• Play Cards on Our Victorian Poker Table!
• Watch a movie on the (drop down) 108’ HDTV screen in living room
• Go on a Picnic-or have one on our deck or in our private springs grotto
• Bird watching and wildlife viewing (from the deck)
• Swim at the Pool in Sheridan (or Float inner tubes on The Jefferson
• Great 4th of July Parades in Butte, Twin Bridges & Ennis
• Fireworks-night of the 3rd in Butte
• Butte Summer Festivals-Montana Folkfest, Evel Knevel Days, and An Ri Ra
• Pick Wildflowers (Summer)
• Watch Our AMAZING Sunrises & Sunsets
• AND, the FISHING, of course……..!