Beautifully Refurbished Period Barn in Tranquil Location.(24 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Property type:Barn
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Sleeps 6/7 in 3 double rooms with en-suites, in Surrey village of Ewhurst
The barn is a country-lovers dream, where old oak timbers mix sympathetically with green oak to form a fantastic living space with a massive inglenook fireplace and where the galleried landing looks down on the comfy settees near a friendly wood burner and next to a spacious dining area and newly fitted oak kitchen.
There are three beautiful double bedrooms with full en-suite facilities. One with bath and two with shower. There is an additional folding guest bed or cot for children.
Step outside onto your barn patio where you are surrounded by open fields and views complemented by the newly restored farm buildings, including a picturesque stable block with clock tower.
A 3 minute stroll takes you into Ewhurst village where you will find pubs serving food, shops & village sports facilities. The old parish church adds to the feeling of history you sense when visiting. Ewhurst also has a cricket club and Hurtwood Country Polo Club. Guildford, Cranleigh & pictureque Shere are nearby.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- 140 m²
- Max. occupancy 7
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom one is upstairs and has shower en-suite facilities. This room has a vaulted ceiling and skylights, which slightly limits headroom at two sides of the room. This room is most suitable for the addition of a cot or additional bed. Bedroom two is on the ground floor and has shower en-suite facilities and a stable door leading onto patio with open views across field to woodland, where it is not unusual to see deer grazing in the meadow beyond. Bedroom three is on the ground floor and has bath en-suite facilities and a stable door leading onto patio with same open views across field to woodland. A cot or folding guest bed can be added to bedroom one or three on request....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- All bathrooms are built and fitted to a high standard.
- Wireless Broadband is available in the barn, to use it you will require your computer to be set up for wireless. Underfloor heating on the ground floor means the barn is maintained at a controlled temperature, so you can put your feet up with a good book and a glass of wine next to the wood burner without a care in the world. The kitchen is equipped with a dual fueled range which has an electric oven and gas rings, you will also have a microwave oven, washing machine, dishwasher, tumble drier and fridge freezer at your disposal. With regard to wheelchair access, the property now has wheelchair ramps. Once in, there are no steps to the bathrooms or bedrooms....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Tiled Stove
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 19 - Sep 29, 2017
5 night min stay
Sep 30 - Dec 18, 2017
5 night min stay
Dec 19 - Jan 7, 2018
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $322.22
- No additional mandatory fees
Rental rates are based on a maximum occupancy of seven people.
The cost for extra people is calculated on a pro-rata basis from the published rates for seven.
We operate with a four day minimum charging period. The full week rate offers a substantial reduction over 7 x the Daily Rate.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Thornhurst Brook Farm is situated in the pretty village of Ewhurst in the Surrey Hills, a perfect base to enjoy the labyrinth of country walks and bridleways. If you like trekking, mountain biking or riding, you will be spoiled for choice. You will also find tennis, a children's playground and a bowling green just a short stroll from your accommodation, or why not time your visit to coincide with a polo match at the Hurtwood Park Polo Club.
England's largest vineyard, Denbies, offers a wine tasting tour and leisurely lunch at Dorking, where you will also find an array of antique shops, pretty boutiques and coffee shops.
Why not visit picture-postcard Shere where you can drop back in time and see how our villages used to be. You will find a blacksmiths, teashop, pubs, restaurants, museum and a much filmed and photographed church.
When you stay at Thornhurst Brook Farm, you are in a very rural country location, but just a short stroll from the village amenities, and you are very close to Guildford.
Other Activities: Theatre, Cinemas and winetasting at Denbies Winery are all nearby.
View from new kitchen to log burner
Totally new kitchen with wash m/c & dishwasher
Upstairs bedroom. King size double bed
One of the fields at Thornhurst Brook Farm
Front of Restored Barn with Bi-Folding Doors
Looking from lounge towards the kitchen
Beautifully Restored Timber Framed Barn
Upstairs shower room with toilet, shower & basin
One of the double bedrooms all with full en-suite
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.