Expansive Views of Chesapeake Bay.(72 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
5 Bdrm's, Sleeps 10, 3 full bathrooms, 3 half baths, newly renovated.
- Large private pool with a gas grill as well as a gas streamer pot to roast some delicious oysters or steam a pot of Chesapeake Bay crabs.
- Kayaks & life jackets provided to explore the quiet coves.
- Bring your own boat or rent one locally. Private concrete loading ramp and private boathouse that accommodates two 36' craft.
- Bicycles & helmets provided to enjoy our quiet country lanes or pack a picnic and ride just 4 miles to white sand Haven Beach or just 2 miles into the little town of Mathews.
- Crab pots provided for guests. Children love baiting them and checking to see what they caught for dinner.
- A little less than an hours drive to the most historic locations in the United States--Colonial Williamsburg (first U.S. capitol), Jamestown (first settlers landed here), Yorktown (famous for the action it saw during the Revolutionary War).
- A little less than an hours drive to one of the largest theme parks and water parks in the United States -- Busch Gardens.
- Get away from it all in the hammock enjoying the expansive views and breezes off the Bay.
- Many excellent movies in the library for your pleasure or the games or cd's available to our guests.
- Roast marshmallows or hot dogs at the waterside fire pit. Starter fluid, fire wood, and telescoping forks provided.
- Watch the moon rise and see the stars brighter than you have probably ever seen them due to the low light pollution here.
- 20,000 watt propane backup generator which will provide electric service for entire house if main power is lost.
- High chair (1) and "pack & play" (1) available.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2012
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 3 Half Bathrooms
- DVD Player:
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Coin Laundry
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Bottled Water
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Paper Towels
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items:
- Beach Towels
- Boat Dock
- Deck / Patio:
- Deck Furniture
Pianitank Golf Club in Hartfield, VA is about 15 miles or 25 min. away. Open to public. The famous Tides Inn Golf Club in Whitestone, VA is 25 miles/40 min. away per Google Driving distance.com...moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda:
- Porch Furniture
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Walkway To Water
Water Sports Gear:
Boat rentals avail by the week. Rental agent will bring a motorized 16-18' Carolina Skiff to Blue Water and will launch boat into the water and then pick up at end of week. Fishing gear on hand....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 3 - Mar 23, 2017
2 night min stay
Early Spring 2017
Mar 24 - Apr 27, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 28 - May 26, 2017
3 night min stay
Peak Summer 2017
May 27 - Sep 8, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sep 9 - Nov 17, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 18 - Nov 26, 2017
5 night min stay
Nov 27 - Dec 21, 2017
3 night min stay
Dec 22 - Jan 2, 2018
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Linen & House Cleaning $170
- Tax Rate 5.3%
FULLY FURNISHED - sheets, bath & pool towels, robes, paper, soaps, shampoos. Kitchen has dish soap, dishwasher detergent, towels, trash bags & all cooking/eating utensils. TV's & DVD's in living & breakfast area &all bedrooms. WiFi enabled. Laundry avail.
FULLY REFUNDABLE $500 damage deposit & $170 Cleaning Fee are not taxed and due at time of final payment. Cancel Policy explained in Agreement.
2 DAY RENTALS on selected dates: Pricing subject to change for 2 night stays - please contact owner for quote.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Less than one hour from historic Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown, Jamestown, Bush Gardens, and WaterCountry USA.
The best fishing and boating area along the Chesapeake Bay.
About: Bill Metzger is originally from Oklahoma, but has lived in Virginia for the past 35 years. Now semi-retired I love living on the Chesapeake Bay and near the small but charming town of Mathews.
Why Moon, VA, USA:
The house has expansive views from every room in the house. At least 110 years old this house has weathered many storms and hurricanes. It was a working farm. In this area most farmers also were watermen with fishing boats. The house has been modernized to today's high standards yet continues to maintain it's coastal farm house charm. It has everything a coastal property should have. A quiet slide into the cove for kayaks, boat loading ramp and boathouse that can accommodate two 36' craft.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The first time I saw this property, it was love at first sight. Nothing beats the expansive views and when the sun is at a certain angle the water definitely looks blue -- thus, Blue Water Haven. It is a haven from all the worries of the world. Although if you want to stay in touch with the world we have WiFi and TV's in every room.
- Primary: 804 514 3174
Private pool with gas grill and wet bar in pool house offers the best of summer
Upper balcony and lower porch overlooks the waterway to the Mathews Yacht Club.
From porch watch yachts come in off the Bay heading to the Mathews Yacht Club
Looking out onto the Chesapeake Bay from the pool.
Kayaks and bicycles and equipment available for guests use.
Modern efficient kitchen with granite counter tops.
Master bedroom has 3 windows and french doors bringing the water views inside.
Bay view from the upper balcony of the Master bedroom.
The Chesapeake room and its full bathroom.
Breakfast room has windows on three side with expansive water views.
Blue Herons are plentiful. This one tells us which way the wind is blowing.
Enjoy the large water side firepit to roast hotdogs or sip an evening cocktail.
Private pool overlooks expansive views of Chesapeake Bay
Snooze in the hammock lulled to restfulness by the easy waves of the Bay.
View from Pool House across pool to the Bay.
Boaters/Fishermen use our private concrete loading ramp or boat house.
The main salon has incredible non-ending views.
Even the dining room has a great water view.
Master bedroom has private balcony overlooking the Chesapeake Bay.
The Chesapeake queen bedroom has 3 windows two with great water views.
The Blue Heron has two twin beds and half bath in room and adjacent full bath.
First Floor Grandview Suite has expansive panoramic water views.
Sunrise on the Chesapeake Bay
Fire pit on waters edge seats 8 to 10. Great end of day spot or cooking hot dog
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, January 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.