**** Regretfully, due to a dispute between the city of Gatineau and the province of Quebec, this property may only be rented for 32 nights or more.****
Luxurious and modern, 3-level 1400 ft² townhouse designed by local architect-owner. Easy walk, run or ride to Ottawa's downtown and all the festival venues. After a good snowfall, guests may strap on their cross-country skis and head up to Gatineau Park to enjoy the vast network of groomed trails. Running during the non-snow season is a pleasure; I have personal 5k, 10.8k, 11.5k and 15.2 looped runs to share for runners of all abilities.
Radiant floor heating throughout, abundant natural lighting, cross-ventilation, natural materials, composting on-site. Air conditioning provided on all three levels. Bright open floor plan with plenty of operable windows. Floors with maple hardwood and ceramic tiles.
Fully equipped kitchen with cooking utensils, dinnerware and cleaning supplies. Couch and chairs on the main floor can be converted into beds, sleeping 4 extra persons. Flatscreen television and free high speed internet access provided.
Entrance on main floor with powder room, living/dining/kitchen area, with access to back deck and gas BBQ. On the top floor large master bedroom with king bed and chairbed, walk-in-closet and a large 5-piece bathroom. At the lower level, room with a king bed/2 twin beds and 1 chairbed. The lower floor also has a smaller 3-piece bathroom with large walk-in shower and integrated washer and condensing dryer. An ironing board and iron are also available.
The interior is smoke-free and fresh linens are supplied once per stay. Bookshelves are stocked with French and English novels, cookbooks and magazines.
On-site parking is limited to 2 cars in the carport. Free street parking is available except for overnight parking during the winter due to snow removal.
Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add C$40 per night, per additional guest
Refundable damage deposit - C$500
cleaning/setting up fee - C$300
*Charging station for electric vehicles in carport provided free of charge to guests. *Next to public beach with lifeguard, community tennis and basketball courts, baseball diamond*Central vacuum cleaner with range of attachments *laundry chute * book library with English and French novels, magazines, cookbooks, gardening books * jigsaw puzzles and board games.
This reservation has a Firm cancellation policy - refunds will be issued up to 60 days prior to the check in date.
A 100% refund is provided for travellers cancelling at least 60 days before check-in. A 50% refund is provided for travellers cancelling from 30 to 59 days before check-in. No refunds are provided for travellers cancelling less than 30 days prior to check-in. CanadaStays Booking Fees are non-refundable.
Our house rules: no smoking, no parties or events, no pets.
1. Smoking and the burning of incense is only permitted outside.
2. A Guest List shall be immediately provided upon booking to the Host, containing the full names of all those staying at the property along with the Purpose of the Stay.
3. Only those on the Guest List may stay overnight.
4. The unit is privately owned; the owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities nor for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
5. Please keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
6. Please only use appliances for their intended uses.
7. Pets are NOT allowed.
8. Parking is limited to 2 motorized vehicles on the property, in designated parking areas only. Street parking on the street is permitted except during the winter months between the hours of 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. Applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. While bed linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from the units but we can provide a limited number of beach towels for your use outside.
10. The fireplace is a vented gas firebox. Please do not throw any materials in the fireplace.
11. We will consider parties and events of a social nature in the house and on the property of providing that they have been discussed with us before booking and conform to occupancy limits for safety. Excessively loud, boisterous and disrespectful behaviour at any time will be grounds for immediate eviction without refund of your fees paid.
12. Check-in 4:00 p.m. and Check-out is 11 a.m.
13. By completing this booking, you agree to these rules, that you and your guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises and that you will not be using the premises for any activity other than that declared in the Purpose of the Stay.