Ranis Lodge is an enchanting rural retreat tucked away at the foothills of Bukit Sawak Forest Reserve. We sought to create a warm and genuine destination, to provide our guests a true sense of a home away from home.
Our location is ideal for nature lovers and anyone who loves peace and tranquility. The elevated hillside setting affords stunning panoramic views of the surrounding hills, paddy fields and misty mornings.
Welcome to our home.
Ranis Lodge consists of 5 individual lodges set on 5 acres of undulating terrain.
Our guests have access to a shared infinity pool, our garden and grounds and THE BALAI, where they can enjoy an optional breakfast.
ALONG is a family endearment to the first born in our local culture. Rumah ALONG or ALONGs House in English is the first of our 5 lodges and is the closest to the pool.
It is a one bedroom lodge with a king size bed, living room with integrated kitchen, indoor bathroom/shower, outdoor shower and a large terrace with a sun lounger. It offers air condition in the bedroom with ceiling fans in the bedroom, living room and terrace. Total space is approximately 57 square meters.
The contemporary design respects simplicity and functionality without compromise on luxury and comfort.
Its elevated location affords a wonderful view of the paddy fields, the surrounding hills, a pool view and the beautiful green undulating sloping terrain with mature trees and flower beds. On clear days, you are treated to amazing sunrises/sunsets and misty mornings.
- Communal infinity pool
- THE BALAI for optional breakfast and dinner
- Parking Area
- Grounds and garden
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We live on site and are available most of the time to assist our guests to the best of our abilities.
Please inform us of any challenges at the earliest opportunity so that we may try to rectify the issue without delay where possible.
- There is no public transport available in Langkawi.
- We highly recommend arranging your own transportation for our location and for exploring the island. Cars and scooters are equally popular.
- We can assist with pickup and car rental. Please contact us for more details.
- If you rent a scooter, you can park your scooter right in front of your lodge.
- If you rent a car, it can be parked at the Parking area.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- Optional breakfast is served daily at THE BALAI. From 01 APRIL 2018, we serve breakfast 6 days a week excluding Fridays.
- Complimentary drinking water is provided during your stay.
- Complimentary tea, coffee, creamer, noodles, oils & vinegar are stocked in your pantry.
- Lodges are typically refreshed daily except on Saturdays or during major public holidays. Towels are changed on the 4th day and linens are refreshed weekly. We can arrange to have these refreshed to your liking for a small charge.
- For those travelling with infants, we can provide a sturdy cot bed for a small charge.
- We offer complimentary remote WIFI connection sufficient for Emails and internet browsing. Please do note that the speed fluctuates with weather and other conditions. It is not suitable for heavy downloads or video streaming.
- We highly recommend arranging your own transport for our location and for exploring the island. Please note there are no restaurants or attractions within walking distance to us.
- The final 250m approach to us is on an unpaved road. It is totally accessible by cars/scooters and safe to drive.
- A launderette for all your laundry needs is 7 minutes drive away.
- The nearest supermarket and petrol station are approximately 10 minutes drive. Local groceries are available in the village, 5 minutes drive.
- The nearest ATM machines are located at the petrol station and at the airport, 10 minutes drive away.
- The natural setting of Ranis Lodge comes with visits from the local wildlife. We urge our guests not to feed any wildlife. Monkeys are always on the lookout for something to eat but at this point they are too shy to come in close contact with humans. Our desire is to keep it that way to protect both your belongings and the animal.