About the property
- Villa613 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
Villa in Langkawi, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, sleeps 2
Ranis Lodge is an enchanting rural retreat tucked away at the foothills of Bukit Sawak Forest Reserve. We sought to create a warm and genuine destination, to provide our guests a true sense of a home away from home.
Our location is ideal for nature lovers and anyone who loves peace and tranquility. The elevated hillside setting affords stunning panoramic views of the surrounding hills, paddy fields and misty mornings.
Welcome to our home.
Ranis Lodge consists of 5 individual lodges set on 5 acres of undulating terrain.
Our guests have access to a shared infinity pool, our garden and grounds and THE BALAI, where they can enjoy an optional breakfast.
ALONG is a family endearment to the first born in our local culture. Rumah ALONG or ALONGs House in English is the first of our 5 lodges and is the closest to the pool.
It is a one bedroom lodge with a king size bed, living room with integrated kitchen, indoor bathroom/shower, outdoor shower and a large terrace with a sun lounger. It offers air condition in the bedroom with ceiling fans in the bedroom, living room and terrace. Total space is approximately 57 square meters.
The contemporary design respects simplicity and functionality without compromise on luxury and comfort.
Its elevated location affords a wonderful view of the paddy fields, the surrounding hills, a pool view and the beautiful green undulating sloping terrain with mature trees and flower beds. On clear days, you are treated to amazing sunrises/sunsets and misty mornings.
- Communal infinity pool
- THE BALAI for optional breakfast and dinner
- Parking Area
- Grounds and garden
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We live on site and are available most of the time to assist our guests to the best of our abilities.
Please inform us of any challenges at the earliest opportunity so that we may try to rectify the issue without delay where possible.
- There is no public transport available in Langkawi.
- We highly recommend arranging your own transportation for our location and for exploring the island. Cars and scooters are equally popular.
- We can assist with pickup and car rental. Please contact us for more details.
- If you rent a scooter, you can park your scooter right in front of your lodge.
- If you rent a car, it can be parked at the Parking area.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- Optional breakfast is served daily at THE BALAI. From 01 APRIL 2018, we serve breakfast 6 days a week excluding Fridays.
- Complimentary drinking water is provided during your stay.
- Complimentary tea, coffee, creamer, noodles, oils & vinegar are stocked in your pantry.
- Lodges are typically refreshed daily except on Saturdays or during major public holidays. Towels are changed on the 4th day and linens are refreshed weekly. We can arrange to have these refreshed to your liking for a small charge.
- For those travelling with infants, we can provide a sturdy cot bed for a small charge.
- We offer complimentary remote WIFI connection sufficient for Emails and internet browsing. Please do note that the speed fluctuates with weather and other conditions. It is not suitable for heavy downloads or video streaming.
- We highly recommend arranging your own transport for our location and for exploring the island. Please note there are no restaurants or attractions within walking distance to us.
- The final 250m approach to us is on an unpaved road. It is totally accessible by cars/scooters and safe to drive.
- A launderette for all your laundry needs is 7 minutes drive away.
- The nearest supermarket and petrol station are approximately 10 minutes drive. Local groceries are available in the village, 5 minutes drive.
- The nearest ATM machines are located at the petrol station and at the airport, 10 minutes drive away.
- The natural setting of Ranis Lodge comes with visits from the local wildlife. We urge our guests not to feed any wildlife. Monkeys are always on the lookout for something to eat but at this point they are too shy to come in close contact with humans. Our desire is to keep it that way to protect both your belongings and the animal.
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 24, 2018
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
We stayed 4 nights at Ranis Lodge and had a most wonderful time. From the minute we arrived Anis and
We stayed 4 nights at Ranis Lodge and had a most wonderful time. From the minute we arrived Anis and Reinhold made us feel at home. They're magnificent hosts and offer a very professional and caring service to their guests.
Ranis Lodge is situated in a very peaceful location. The villa was perfectly equipped, spotlessly clean and offered an awesome view of the surrounding hills and paddy fields. We loved the contemporary design and interiors of the villa. The covered patio is also very nice! You can always sit outside - even when it rains.
The food, prepared by Reinhold, was simply delightful. We loved the yummy pancakes as well as the healthy breakfast Ranis' style in the morning. And the three course dinner we had (unfortunately only once) was truly amazing.
Not to forget - lovely Ayesha. She is a very attentive observer and a marvellous entertainer. We were so enthralled by her little dance performance and just loved to practice German with her and her interactive book.
We truly enjoyed Ranis Lodge and can recommend it unreservedly.
Thank you so much to Anis, Reinhold and Ayesha for a most wonderful experience!
I normally do not write reviews, but in this case it has to be. The time at Ranis Lodge was
I normally do not write reviews, but in this case it has to be. The time at Ranis Lodge was fantastic. After a few days in Singapore and KL we came to this place and it was amazing. The nature, the silence at this beautiful place. Anis and Reinhold and her lovely daughter Aisha are extraordinary hosts. The welcome was warm and the whole area is in top condition. Every little thing at Ranis Lodge shows Anis and Reinholds passion for what they do. Reinhard is also a very good cook and we enjoyed every meal and breakfast he makes for us. We stayed there for one week and the whole time they were perfect hosts. If we are in Langkawi ever again we will definitely stay at this place another time.
From Kuah Jetty From the jetty in Kuah turn left into Persiaan Putera.which will become Jalan Padang Matsirat at a traffic light about 2.2 km into the journey. Stay on this road for 16.5 km until you reach a set of traffic lights. Turn right at the traffic lights (there are car showrooms on the left side next to the traffic light) into Jalan Ulu Melaka and follow the road for 1.5 km Turn left into Jalan Nyior Chabang. Stay on Jalan Nyior Chabang for 1.2 km, When the road makes a hard left turn at an intersection, go straight into a small tar road. Follow the sometimes winding road for 850 meter and you will see the directional sign for Ranis Lodge to your left. From there it is another 500 meter to our parking. From the airport Exit the airport and turn right into the airport road. Follow the road for 500 meter and enter the first roundabout. Take second exit and continue 900 meter to the next roundabout Take second exit and continue 600 meter Turn left at the traffic light and into Jalan Ulu Melaka and follow the road for 1.5 km Turn left into Jalan Nyior Chabang. Stay on Jalan Nyior Chabang for 1.2 km, When the road makes a hard left turn at an intersection, go straight into a small tar road. Follow the sometimes winding road for 850 meter and you will see the directional sign for Ranis Lodge to your left. From there it is another 500 meter to our parking.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Check in after 2:00 PM, check out before 12:00 PM Cancellation Policy - Strict: 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival (additional cancellation charges may apply)