Ranis Lodge is an enchanting rural retreat tucked away at the foothills of Bukit Sawak Forest Reserve. We sought to create a warm and genuine destination, to provide our guests a true sense of a home away from home.
Our location is ideal for nature lovers and anyone who loves peace and tranquility. The elevated hillside setting affords stunning panoramic views of the surrounding hills, paddy fields and misty mornings.
Welcome to our home.
Ranis Lodge consists of 5 individual lodges set on 5 acres of undulating terrain.
Our guests have access to a shared infinity pool, our grounds and garden, a parking area and THE BALAI, where they can enjoy an optional breakfast.
Rumah ALONG is the first of our 5 lodges and is the closest to the pool.
It is a one bedroom lodge with a king size bed, living room with integrated kitchen, indoor bathroom with an outdoor shower and a large terrace with a sun lounger. It offers air condition in the bedroom with ceiling fans in the bedroom, living room and terrace. Total space is approximately 57 square meters.
The contemporary design respects simplicity and functionality without compromise on luxury and comfort.
Its elevated location affords a wonderful view of the paddy fields, the surrounding hills, a pool view and the beautiful green undulating sloping terrain with mature trees and flower beds. On clear days, you are treated to amazing sunrises/sunsets and misty mornings.
Please note that you need transportation to get around.
- Communal infinity pool
- THE BALAI for optional breakfast and dinner
- Parking Area
- Grounds and garden
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We live on site and are available most of the time to assist our guests to the best of our abilities.
Please inform us of any challenges at the earliest opportunity so that we may try to rectify the issue without delay where possible.
- There is no public transport available in Langkawi.
- You do need your own transportation for our location and for exploring the island. Please note there are no restaurants or attractions within walking distance to us.
- If you opt to take a taxi or Grab, for security purpose, the drop off and pick up point is our main gate. It is a 200m uphill walk from the main gate. Taxis/Grab/deliveries are NOT allowed beyond our main gate.
- We can assist with pickup and car rental. Please contact us for more details.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- Optional a la carte breakfast, currently at MYR 24/person is served 6 days a week excluding Fridays between 08:30-09:30 at THE BALAI or your lodge depending on occupancy. The timing may change occasionally.
- Our apologies but dinner is no longer served.
- Complimentary drinking water is provided during your stay.
- Complimentary tea, coffee, creamer, noodles, oils & vinegar are stocked in your pantry.
- We change towels on the 4th day and linen weekly. We can arrange to have these refreshed to your liking for a small charge.
- For those travelling with infants, we can provide a sturdy cot bed for a small charge.
- For late arrivals after 20:00 (8 pm), it is a self check in and we shall touch base with you on the following day at the earliest. Detailed information will be provided before arrival.
- Do ensure to lock all the doors and windows if you are away from your lodge.
- We offer complimentary remote WIFI connection sufficient for Emails and internet browsing. Please do note that the speed fluctuates with weather and other conditions. It is not suitable for heavy downloads or video streaming.
- The final 250m approach to us is on an unpaved road. It is safe and perfectly accessible for cars/scooters.
- A launderette for all your laundry needs is located about 5 minutes drive.
- The nearest supermarket and petrol station is 10 minutes drive. Local groceries are plentiful in the village, 5 minutes drive.
- The nearest ATM machines are located at the airport or at the petrol station, 10 minutes away.
- We accept cash only for incidental expenses (breakfast, transport and miscellaneous charges).
- The natural setting of Ranis Lodge comes with visits from the local wildlife. We urge our guests not to feed any wildlife. Monkeys are always on the lookout for something to eat but at this point they are too shy to come in close contact with humans. Our desire is to keep it that way to protect both your belongings and the animal.