A Lovely Ancient Home with Garden in a Castle, Near Beach and Venice(4 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 people occupation. Double bedroom + double bed on loft with view on garden
Casa Rambaldo belongs to the ancient complex of the castle of Strassoldo, one of the oldest private castles of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, the north-eastern region of Italy.
It has been very well renovated and is furnished with great care for details, with ancient furniture.
It has its own private garden equipped with wooden table and chairs for dining and resting al fresco. The guests have access on the castle's main beautiful garden.
Distributed on one floor + a loft, it has:
- a bedroom with big double bed and access on the garden
- a bathroom with big green-blue mosaic shower enclosure
- a vast equipped kitchen and dining area
- a sitting area under the loft
- a beautiful wooden staircase to the lost where there is a big double bed
The house has air conditioning, heating, sat-TV, wireless internet, fridge, freezer, food processor, microwave, oven, 4-ring gas stove, dishwasher, washing machine.
Member since: 2012
- Chateau / Country House
- 90 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The castle complex is an exclusive place to stay for people that are looking for something off the normal mass tourist tracks. It is ideal for romantic and sensitive people who love ancient magical atmospheres full of flair. The guests may choose to stay in the peace of the gardens and relax or to enjoy walking in the nearby nature reserve of the lower castle. The region has many different attractions to enjoy starting from high mountains, through green hills, fertile flatlands and many stone or sandy beaches. The food is delicous and the wines are worldwide reknown....moreless
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Monument View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Roller Blading
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 16 - Apr 15, 2017
4 night min stay
Apr 16 - Oct 15, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $212.58
- Taxes Not included
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Casa Rambaldo is part of the Castle of Strassoldo di Sopra complex, which is hidden in the green countryside of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, not far from the seaside.
The castle's beautiful gardens are crossed by limpid streams and rivers.
This charming stone home is in a peaceful and very central position.
From here you can visit many interesting places of this wonderful region and do nice activities.
You can make day trips to:
- Austria (one hour's drive to the north)
- Venice (one hour's drive to the south)
- Slovenia (30 minutes' drive to the east)
- go swimming or sailing in the Adriatic sea (the golden beach of Grado is only 20 minutes' drive from Strassoldo)
- rest in the beautiful gardens of the castle
- make nice walks and ride a bike in the Friulan countryside, diving into the charm of a region which is not overrun by tourists and has many important historical sites and a stunning nature ranging from high mountains through rolling hills and green plains to rock or sand beaches.
- visit the region’s lovely towns and historical centers like Udine (22 km), the town-port of Trieste (38 km), the ancient Roman colony of Aquileia (16 km), the old Lombard duchy of Cividale and so on
The beach of Grado is very near (20 minutes drive) so you can also enjoy the seaside without having to stay in a crowded resort.
In addition to this there are also many excellent restaurants and wineries nearby
About the owner: The castle belongs to the family of the counts of Strassoldo that built it more than a thousand years ago and still live in the main building of the complex
Why the Owner Chose Strassoldo UD, Italy:
Casa Rambaldo is for people who love the flair of history, romantic settings and nature. It is in a quiet position 'away from it all' and guests can relax and enjoy the gardens and make nice walks in the countryside. The position is an ideal starting point to discover this lovely corner of Italy and make trips to Venice, Austria and Slovenia
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
The moment you pass the entrance door you dive into the flair of the past. The ancient furniture has been chosen very carefully and romantic curtains make the atmosphere unique.
Links to more information:
View from bedroom door
Casa Rambaldo, bedroom
Casa Rambaldo, kitchen/dining area
Sitting area under loft
Casa Rambaldo, stairs to loft
Casa Rambaldo, bed on loft
Orangérie near Casa Rambaldo
Udine, Friuli's main town (20 minutes' drive)
Casa Rambaldo, entrance
Door to bedroom
Window of bedroom
Casa Rambaldo, kitchen/dining area
Casa Rambaldo, sitting area
Casa Rambaldo, bathroom
Casa Rambaldo outside
Beach of Grado (20 minutes' drive)
Basilica of Aquileia, ancient Roman colony (15 minutes' drive)
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, January 16, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.