Beautiful. Stunning. Amazing. Breathtaking. Peaceful. Majestic. These are just a few of the words guests use to describe Dakota Bear Lodge in Sweden, Maine. Located on 70 secluded acres overlooking New Hampshire’s White Mountain National Forest, DBL offers privacy and panoramic views just 10 minutes away from Bridgton, a charming small town and just 20 miles away from Conway, New Hampshire. DBL offers guests all the amenities of a luxury log home combined with beauty and seclusion within the White Mountains.
This is the perfect spot for families and friends to vacation together. Set in the western Maine Lakes and Mountain Region, guests will never run out of activities. From skiing, hiking, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling, golfing, boating, and fishing to shopping and dining in downtown Bridgton, Maine, or North Conway, New Hampshire, guests will enjoy every minute of their time at DBL. This home is such a perfect blend of scenic mountain views and comfort that some guests arrive and decided to spend their days relaxing inside by the fire with their family and friends.
Built by Maine Log Craftsman, this post and beam masterpiece is professionally designed with just the right mix of luxury and logs to give a complete Maine experience. DBL features a 180 degree view of 100 miles of the White Mountains. Amenities include two master suites with large walk-in closets, private baths, Jacuzzi tubs, and large showers. The first floor master suite has a covered porch with walk-out sliding door to a patio and hot tub. All bedroom areas are separate and private. The second floor loft area has two oversized bedrooms with walk-in closets, built in dresser drawers, and a queen and full bed. The bunk room has two sets of custom made log bunk beds along with a sleeper sofa and a regular size sofa.
Here are a few of the features you will enjoy when you stay at Dakota Bear Lodge.
• Gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counters, walk-in pantry, 5 burner high BTU gas stove, and enough pots, pans, and gadgets to keep any chef busy
• 1200 ft. driveway off a private dirt road with little to no traffic. From all the rooms in the house guests have views of the White Mountains.
• Steam sauna with hot rocks to accommodate up to 5-6 people
• Basement movie area, ping pong table, kitchenette with full size refrigerator; sliding glass doors to a backyard patio with fire pit
• Large fieldstone fireplace in the living room, and large wood burning stove in the basement
• Great room living area featuring vaulted ceiling with timbers and logs
• 800 SF deck, patio table, seating areas, BBQ, and outdoor speakers
• Enjoy 70 acres of privacy. Plus all the land that joins the property for adventures in hiking, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling
Western Maine is a four-season playground: Golfing against the backdrop of the White Mountains at Kezar Lake Country Club and Bridgton Highlands Country Club or hiking trails that offer breathtaking views and lakes that offer pristine swimming. Enjoy antique emporiums, art galleries, and local craft shops. Around every turn, there are quiet side roads inviting long walks and/or adventure cycling. Boat on Sebago, Highland, Kezar, and Long Lakes, or canoe/kayak the Saco River. Take to the slopes for fabulous downhill skiing at Shawnee Peak, Sunday River, or Cranmore Mountain, or snowshoe and cross-country ski at groomed touring centers or on regional trails. Explore the Oxford Hills and Bethel areas too. Museums and theaters are part of the Maine landscape.
Vacation at Dakota Bear Lodge to experience Maine: “the way life should be.”