Beautiful Waterfront House with Yard and Private Dock
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
This is your perfect getaway from the City. Rowayton is only a 50 minutes drive by car or by train to Manhattan. It is perfect for families and couples who want to relax and enjoy the outdoor life and activities, such as playing tennis, biking, running, paddle boarding and kayaking on Farm Creek or the Long Island Sound.
The house has a large fenced garden all around the house and a private dock with paddle boards and a kayak. It is only steps away from the beach and public tennis courts.
The house has an open kitchen and dining room and large living room with wood burning fireplace, each with spectacular views over the water and the Farm Creek Preserve. All bedrooms are spacious and bright with beautiful views!
- Private dock with swimming ladder, kayak and 2 paddle boards.
- 50 minutes by train from Grand Central, NYC.
- Master bedroom with king size bed and private bathroom (rest room, jacuzzi bath and separate shower and 2 sinks) and private balcony.
- 2nd bedroom with queen size bed.
- 3rd bedroom with queen size bed.
- 4th bedroom with kids bunk bed (twin size) + + toddler crib
- 2nd Bathroom (shower/bath and rest room and two sinks)
- Downstairs rest room with sink
- Kitchen and dining room have fantastic views on farm creek and the nature reservation.
- Living room with wood fireplace.
- TV (kids play) room with sleeping sofa and Google TV (including free Netflix) and lots of kids toys.
- Free wireless internet
- SONO music system
- Washer and dryer
- 2 adult bicycles (2 child seats), 1 'bakfiets', 3 child bicycles (5yr, 4yr and 3yr)
- Large gas BBQ
- Outside dining table with large parasol
- Kids inflatable swimming pool
- Kids soccer goals
- brand new (2013) ceder wood playhouse with slide, rockwall, monkey bars and swingsets (3). Perfect for kids to entertain tehmselves and for parents to get a break
- yard fenced kids friendly
- ice skating at SoNo Ice House in Norwalk at 5 minutes
- cross country skiing
- skiing in Woodbury, approximately 1h15 drive
- Aquarium and IMAX theater in Norwalk, 8min drive
- sledding (great large field at 2 min walk from the house)
- Chelsea Piers in Stamford, 10 min drive
- 200yards walk from Bailey Beach (Guest pass included)
- 500yards walk from private beach Pine Point Beach Association (guest pass included)
- Sunday evening Bailey Beach summer concerts
- 200yards walk to 5 public tennis courts
- Restaurants: Rowayton Seafood, SAIL
- Rowayton Farm Creek Nature Preserve, beautiful walk and bike trails
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 2 story
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Music Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Mobile Phone
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,500
- Taxes Not included
4 night minimum. Weekend rate $600 p/n (Friday and Saturday).
A 1st payment of 50% due immediately to confirm the reservation. A 2nd payment of the remainder as well as a $1,500 security deposit is due 2 weeks before arrival. The rental price can be paid by check. The security deposit must be paid by money order. The security deposit will not be applied towards the rent, however it is fully refundable upon owner's inspection shortly after tenants departure.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 19 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Car: Not Necessary
Rowayton is a historic fishers town with pittoresque views and houses. It is all about enjoying the outdoor life on the water, on the beach and/or on the tennis courts. Great spot for offshore fishing, boating, sailing, surfing paddle boarding etc. It is a friendly quite community with private beach associations (we are a member so you are as well!). Ideal spot to relax for a long weekend, week or month as it is only a step away from NYC.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: My husband and I are from Amsterdam, the Netherlands and moved to NYC 12 years ago. We have 4 kids ages 1, 4, 5 and 6. We both love the vibe and energy of the City but (especially) with kids we got to appreciate the quiet time outside the City as well. A few years ago we discovered Rowayton, a beautiful and friendly beach town. We bought our house in 2011 and have spent most of our weekends there since.
Why the Owner Chose Rowayton, Norwalk, CT, USA:
It is the perfect place to relax! It really feels like vacation when you are there; the beach, the beautiful views and amazing coastline, the sunset, nature, the outdoor activities make it a unique getaway!
- Secondary: +
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
front porch with adirondack chairs
front yard with adirondack chairs
view on Rowayton harbor from private beach (Pine Point Beach Association)
kids playroom and tv room
kids playroom and tv room
livingroom with fireplace
reading corner with spectacular views on the creek
guest bedroom (queens bed)
master bedroom with king bed
side of the house with kids playhouse
kids playroom and tv room
front porch with large yard, ideal for kids to play
kids room with bunk bed (incl. trundle) and crib
Bailey beach (public) across from our house
kitchen and dining room
outdoor deck and trampoline
second guest room with queens bed
BBQ area with picnic table and weber BBQ
dock with paddle boards and kayaks
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.