Overlooking and Moments Away from Downtown Asheville(7 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
A 2 bedroom & 2 bathroom condo on the mountain top in the middle of Asheville
This pet-friendly stay is perfect for long walks along the ridge top while soaking in the surrounding mountains vistas. It truly is mountain views at their best along the quiet road and Asheville spreading out on both sides of the mountain. Come sit outside your room on the second-floor deck and enjoy the breeze and on a clear day with Mount Pisgah in the distance.
Inside, each room's decor is an excursion into another time and place.
Did I also say we were close to downtown, or almost anywhere else in Asheville? It's true.
Member since: 2012
- On floor 2
- 1040 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- Each bedroom is specially decorated and appointed. The master bedroom is Appalachian with the firm mattress and wool topper. There are excellent quilts as decor and warmth in winter. The furniture is bent willow with a love seat, chair and 3 tables. An old fashion tallboy and spacious closet with rolling mirrored doors house hanging and folded clothing. The decor is local mountain art. The sliding glass doors in both bedrooms look out onto the deck and the mountains and trees beyond. The second bedroom is Asian in theme. The latex mattress with both a medium firmness and a softer side reflects the look of an Asian futon bed. The colors are muted and with multiple curtains, this room can be the most peaceful and very restful. There is oriental art and antiques throughout the room with modern furniture and the spacious closet for clothing. There are a number of pillow styles, firmness and materials to suit different tastes. The view and the quiet are the most beautiful of all......moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- One bathroom has a private entrance from the master bedroom. The other bathroom is next to the second bedroom with access from the living and dining area to also serve visiting guests. Both bathrooms have a privacy door dividing the bath tub/shower and toilet from the entry which has the sink and mirror. Both lock, have light controllers and linen closets. The walls in both have been faux finished and decorated to closer match the adjoining bedroom. ...moreless
- See this: Across from the wide 'L' shaped red leather couch, on the wall above the fireplace, is a new 46' flat screen. On the table in front of you are 4 controllers. One is for the flat screen, another is for the wide range of HD cable channels, there is the DVD player and the Roku Box controller with Free Netflix through a Roku box and all the available extras like Pandora, huluplus and more...moreless
- CD Player
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
The dining table has seating for six. The table with glass top, side board and china cabinet are a 50's deco style with maple veneer top. There are various styles of placemats, candleholders and more...moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker:
More than a variety of pots and pans, roasters, crock pot, electric wok, baking & muffin trays, blender, cutting boards, sushi accessories, colander, salad spinner and all the tools to utilize these....moreless
Dishes & Utensils:
A large setting of Corel dishware and stainless flatware. There is a wide variety of glassware for water, juice, wine, cocktails as well as bar tools. Also the utensils for serving most anything...moreless
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $75
- refundableDamageDeposit $100
- Cleaning Fee $75
- Pet fee $75
- PDP $59
- Tax Rate 7%
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Asheville has been a tourist destination since the railroad came in 1864.George Vanderbuilt built the largest home in the western hemisphere here. It is always listed as one of the best places to live in the US. Known for it's arts, food, rafting/kayaking, fishing, climbing, birthplace of mountain biking and shopping in a vibrant downtown almost devoid of chain stores.It's most unusual here!
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Georgia and Alan have traveled and lived around the world which is reflected in the ethnic diversity of the decor in the residence. Alan is an painter and painted the faux finishes in all the walls of the rooms. Georgia also is an artist and has beautifully decorated the residence.
Why the Owner Chose Kenilworth, Asheville, NC, USA:
Asheville is a gem. If you lived here, like most people you would want to live with a view of the surrounding mountains and the cool and quiet of the elevations. Windswept View condos were the last to be built on the ridge top of Beaucatcher Mountain which sits in the middle of the town of Asheville. Up here we have spectacular views of both sides of the city and the surrounding scenery made even nicer from this second floor location.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
This property has two unique experiences: quite mountain tranquility and immediate access to vibrant downtown Asheville. For those who want to rest and feel like they are in the mountains but don't want to far from the fun of live music, restaurants, trendy bars and great shopping, this is the perfect spot.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
It's another perfect day in the mountains...
This is downtown Asheville in the winter!
This is across from the fireplace and 42' flat screen w/ cable, Roku & fast WIFI
This is the dining area with seating for six...
The cabinets hold all the needed service ware, glass ware and cooking utensils..
What's in the refrigerator???
An organic latex mattress with medium firmness on the right & softer on the left
There is plenty of room here for storing folded and hanging clothes...
When the clouds leave you see Mt. Pisgah from the Asian bedroom
and we love our bent willow furniture here in the mountains...
It's Christmas time, so the condo has the wreath on the upper left!
and occasionally the clouds sweep in and surround you with quiet
downtown is close and it's all downhill to get there
This is what you see from the red leather couch which is sooo comfortable...
most importantly, the well-turned-out kitchen
With basic cooking needs: oil, vinegar, spices, salt, coffee, tea, creamer and..
A very Asian bedroom with adjoining bathroom
It is wonderfully quiet here...
The adjoining bathroom to the Asian bedroom
The Appalachian bedroom with private deck, views, local art and full bathroom.
The master bedroom with the deck in the clouds
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.