Charming and Comfortable French Country Property!(0 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Country House, 3 Bedrooms + Other (See Description), 1.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
Located 220 kilometers (140 miles) southwest of Paris, about halfway between Sablé sur Sarthe and Loué in the department of the SARTHE (72) and two miles from the small village of Chevillé. For a precise geographic location, one can consult a detailed map by going to the website: via Michelin (road map) or Google.
The area is quaint and charming, agricultural, and rural farmland dotted with old and charming small villages. The city of Le Mans is located 30 kilometers (18 miles) to the East. Easy access by highway from Le Mans or Paris (five miles from the A 81 highway exit) and by the TGV (high-speed train) to Sablé: One hour from Paris. The SNCF train station of Sablé is nine miles away from the house.
The property (three hectares or seven and a half acres) includes four buildings (the main house, a smaller, older house not renovated, a barn, and a stable) and stands in the center of many acres of rural farmland, surrounded by lawn and hedges at the end of a 300-yard private access road. The environment is charming, very quiet and safe for children (no ponds and nearby roads). The local people are very welcoming and hospitable.
Nicely and completely furnished and includes:
· Large living-room with fireplace
· Spacious kitchen fully-equipped. (dishwasher, microwave, gas range, oven, fridge, etc.) Two side kitchen pantry rooms.
· Laundry room with washer.
· Linen, complete with sheets, towels.
. Kitchenware, cooking utensils.
· Satellite TV, barbecue, garden furniture.
· Cleaning services and baby-sitter help available
- The Abbaye de Solesmes, next to Sablé (Gregorian chant); Has a well done English website.
- Beautiful 18-hole golf course in Sablé.
Olympic swimming pool
- Horseback riding, biking, extensive fishing, kayaking and swimming (nearby lake in Brûlon)
- The Medieval village of Asnières sur Vègre (three miles) - check website
- Loué, boasts a top-class restaurant, nice outdoor swimming pool
- River boating and rentals on the Sarthe River
- The Anjou and Loire valley, its castles and vineyards, one hour away to the South (Angers, Nantes...)
- The Medieval Cathedral of Chartres (60 miles east), and the Cathedral of Le Mans, 20 minutes away
- 'Les 24 Heures Du Mans,' International sports car race, each year in mid-June in Le Mans
- Many excellent restaurants
- Many cultural activities: Music Concerts, Festivals, antique fairs (Sablé, Le Mans, Sainte Suzanne)
- Excursions to the Mont Saint Michel and the sea, Nantes, Saint Malo
- Excursions to the Normandy WW2 Allied Landing Beaches
- Supermarkets, open air markets, medical facilities, pharmacies, car rentals, and other conveniences nearby
Keywords: Country House
Member since: 2004
- Chateau / Country House
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street:
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- Taxes Not included
Small cash security deposit (US $100) is given to our caretaker upon arrival and is given back upon departure. We have never had to withold any security deposit.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Live Theater Plays, Music Concerts, Movie Theaters (Sable), Cathedrals (Le Mans, Chartres, Angers), Weekly Open Air Food Markets, Regional Antique Fairs, Gregorian Chant (Abbaye de Solesmes), Hot Air Balloon Rides, Day trips to Mont Saint Michel, Saint Malo, Loire River Valley, Chateaux & Vineyards, Normandy WW2 Allied Landing Beaches, Paris (by TGV/High-Speed Train, 40 minutes from Le Mans), Also see Weblinks to Solesmes and local historical villages on this page
Year Purchased: 1988
About the owner: We used to live and work in Paris. Strong urges to get out on week ends and short holidays. We found the property through a friend who already had one in that area. Spent a fortune fixing it up. And then we got relocated to California in 1998. We have done all we could to keep the house and go there as often as possible. Renting it certainly helped!
Why the Owner Chose Chevillé, France:
It has lots of charm, very quiet and peaceful. Sleeping is a delight. The locals are kind and welcoming. We have good friends there that we could not have the same relationship with if we only got together in Paris. Access from Paris is fast and easy. Tours to the sea are convenient.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Every visitor will have a different perspective on the benefits of the visit. Be it the house, the area, the weather, people they meet, restaurants, museums, walking in the rain, watching birds, floating down the river, doing nothing... As they say over there: 'Il y en a pour tous les gouts'.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from South
one of three bedrooms
Barn and small un-inhabited house
Part of the living room
main house, stable
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.