'HARDANGE' is a charming and comfortable French country property. Some of the construction dates back to the 15th Century. The name means 'House on the Butte' in Celtic. Nicely renovated in the mid 1990's, it combines modern convenience with old world charm.
Located 220 kilometers (140 miles) southwest of Paris, about halfway between Sablé sur Sarthe and Loué in the department of the SARTHE (72) and two miles from the small village of Chevillé. For a precise geographic location, one can consult a detailed map by going to the website: via Michelin (road map) or Google.
The area is quaint and charming, agricultural, and rural farmland dotted with old and charming small villages. The city of Le Mans is located 30 kilometers (18 miles) to the East. Easy access by highway from Le Mans or Paris (five miles from the A 81 highway exit) and by the TGV (high-speed train) to Sablé: One hour from Paris. The SNCF train station of Sablé is nine miles away from the house.
The property (three hectares or seven and a half acres) includes four buildings (the main house, a smaller, older house not renovated, a barn, and a stable) and stands in the center of many acres of rural farmland, surrounded by lawn and hedges at the end of a 300-yard private access road. The environment is charming, very quiet and safe for children (no ponds and nearby roads). The local people are very welcoming and hospitable.
Nicely and completely furnished and includes:
· Large living-room with fireplace
· Spacious kitchen fully-equipped. (dishwasher, microwave, gas range, oven, fridge, etc.) Two side kitchen pantry rooms.
· Laundry room with washer.
· Linen, complete with sheets, towels.
. Kitchenware, cooking utensils.
· Satellite TV, barbecue, garden furniture.
· Cleaning services and baby-sitter help available
- The Abbaye de Solesmes, next to Sablé (Gregorian chant); Has a well done English website.
- Beautiful 18-hole golf course in Sablé.
Olympic swimming pool
- Horseback riding, biking, extensive fishing, kayaking and swimming (nearby lake in Brûlon)
- The Medieval village of Asnières sur Vègre (three miles) - check website
- Loué, boasts a top-class restaurant, nice outdoor swimming pool
- River boating and rentals on the Sarthe River
- The Anjou and Loire valley, its castles and vineyards, one hour away to the South (Angers, Nantes...)
- The Medieval Cathedral of Chartres (60 miles east), and the Cathedral of Le Mans, 20 minutes away
- 'Les 24 Heures Du Mans,' International sports car race, each year in mid-June in Le Mans
- Many excellent restaurants
- Many cultural activities: Music Concerts, Festivals, antique fairs (Sablé, Le Mans, Sainte Suzanne)
- Excursions to the Mont Saint Michel and the sea, Nantes, Saint Malo
- Excursions to the Normandy WW2 Allied Landing Beaches
- Supermarkets, open air markets, medical facilities, pharmacies, car rentals, and other conveniences nearby
Keywords: Country House