|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Looking for a place right on the beach? This is exactly what you are looking for!
Here are some of the highlights:
- FREE WiFi
- Paradise beach property
- Ideal surfing
- Relaxing pool + hot tub + children's wading pool
- Open air architecture
- Safe and secure property
- Super comfortable hammocks
- Completely furnished and ready to go
Do you want to live like royalty?
We can arrange a driver, maids, cook, security guard, tour guides and pretty much anything else for a really good price - just let us know.
As a point of reference, the house is about a half mile down the coast from the pier in La Libertad (next to the famous Punta Roca break).
The Story of 'Hermozo'...
For over 20 years our family has cherished this unique property as our private beach escape. The beach house is shared by four siblings that grew up in El Salvador: M. Hernandez + J. & A. Monico + O. Zetino (hence the name Her + mo + zo). Hermozo also represents the grandeur, luxury and spaciousness of our one-of-kind getaway.
We recently decided to share our Salvadorean oasis with the VRBO community and would be delighted to host you on your next trip to La Libertad, El Salvador!
This was my second time to rent this home with Olga. Excellent. I actually made a pretty significant mistake....forgot to tell her my party went from 2 people to 5 people! The home has sleeping for 5 (I already knew that) and Olga worked it out for me. I even locked myself out at 10pm, but an employee met up quickly and let us in.
Last time I stayed (several years ago), the wifi didn't work. But now, they have a mobile hot spot. They invited us to take it with us, so we had wifi everywhere. This is a nice addition and gave us some sense of security.
I've rented nicer places in ES, but this outdoor kitchen experience has a lot of charm and a special place in my heart.
If you are looking for a safe, well maintained, well serviced rental right on the beach, this is a great value.
Great people and super friendly and helpful! Everything we hoped it would be!
Overall this was a good place to be. Great location right on the beach.
The owners, Olga and Jose showed genuine concern for our comfort and well-being.
Jose and his wife and daughter were great with their services, and we really enjoyed the tour of San Salvador, their lovely home, and the tour up the volcanic mountain. And we appreciated the ride to the airport. The house with location on the beach and also with its own swimming pools would be ideal for a family with children or teenagers to paly in the ocean and in the pools
The property was kept clean by a gardener and a housekeeper.
One drawback was the internet connections were intermittent.
If you're looking for a quiet, pleasant and affordable beachfront house that's still close to amenities in El Salvador, you can't do much better than this. My wife and two young children stayed at Hermozo for three weeks, and enjoyed the quiet space, and beautiful, nearly private beach just out the backdoor. Gladly recommend it!
- Security: We always felt safe and secure in the grounds of the house and the beach.
- Location: Hermozo is only half an hour from the airport, and five minute drive from town of La Libertad, and amenities.
- Helpful, caring and warm, friendly staff. For instance, they were able to recommend a doctor and arrange transportation when we needed care for our infant son. They also often happily offered to babysit him while we had our meals.
- Cell phone: staff made a local cell phone available to us.
- Swimming pools: They are well maintained, and good sized. Having a kiddie pool was a bonus we enjoyed. We used them well.
- Cooking service: was helpful, tasty and inexpensive.
- Management: generally strove to respond to our questions and solve problems. For example, they provided a crib for us upon request (no easy feat), and arranged an airport pick up for us.
Some Things to Look Out For
- Mosquitoes: are very prevalent starting at dusk, and forced us indoors (bedrooms) after dark. A stronger repellent might have helped, but we were wary of using Deet on young kids.
- Organization of Space: The second bedroom is a separate building (but near) the main one. Also, once you step out of your bedroom you're outdoors. This was inconvenient after dark, and might matter to other families with young kids. We found a baby monitor useful when the kids sleeping alone in the bedrooms
- Water: Generally water was plentiful. On one occasion, we were told we had to ration water (two days) with little advance notice. This is due to the municipal water service, and not the house. You have to buy bottled drinking water
- Lack of clarity regarding costs for some extra services, like laundry & visitors
- Air Conditioning: the air conditioning in the second room was inadequate and very noisy. Staff provided a fan, so it was cool enough.
- Internet: service was not available for the first week. We had to purchase a data package, but were reimbursed
- Privacy: It's a private house, but workers still come & go. You choose some of this (cleaning service), but not other (plumbing, tree pruning)
Overall, a great holiday spot
My wife and I had the absolute best honeymoon at Rancho Hermozo. Before we arrived I received prompt responses from Olga (owner), I just knew that they really cared about the property and the guests experience. Jose (one of the other owners) picked us up at the airport, brought us to the beach house to show us around and even took us to a beautiful restaurant to Have lunch as we were hungry from the day of travels, before heading to the grocery store to get supplies.
The place itself is lovely, with a very clean pool and a lot of open air spaces. The doors open right up to the beach.
We were left with a cell phone which I thought was a very nice touch. They had a wonderful staff to clean and keep the grounds daily. Olga called to check in with us which was very sweet and we planned a day trip to a local mountain with Jose. The day trip was a heartwarming experience and we were shown a completely different side of El Salvador with his tour.
They continuously went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and share their beautiful country.
Neither of us have ever been so well received and taken care of by rental property owners.
We have absolutely no complaints, it was a perfect, relaxing, heartwarming honeymoon getaway. We will definitely be back!
My 14 year old daughter and I had a surf competition the first week of August in El Salvador 2015, La Libertad at "Punta Rocka" was the venue. I found this listing through VRBO and as soon as I realized how close the Beach house was to the venue I had to book it right away. I was so impressed how beautiful the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house was. I especially like the out door kitchen and covered patio for entertaining! The pool was such a relief from the heat of the day and the property had a baby pool for the real young if needed. The spa was nice to have and the air jets on were nice after a long day of surfing. The grounds and pool were beautifully maintained on a daily basis and they even provided maid/cleaning service at no additional expense! The house front gates opens right on the Pacific Ocean, with waves breaking all day and night! If you are lucky enough you might even see a sea turtle coming to shore laying eggs.
Jose was the best! He not only met us at the airport but for a nominal charge he was our tour guide so we could see the interior of the beautiful country! We went to 2 Mayan ruins and an incredible water fall! On a daily bases he would check on us to make sure we had any questions that needed to be answered or were well accommodated. Per our request, he also made sure that the fridge was well stocked upon our arrival, of course I paid the grocery bill and tipped him for that. Jose made sure before leaving us on our own the first night that we felt safe and secure.
Jose and Olga went out of their way to make our El Salvador trip a true success. Let me end this review like this. I use VRBO all the time, Jose and Olga made our travels to El Salvador the best VRBO experience I have ever had! I have never had any VRBO go out of their way for us like this and would recommend the Beach villa to anyone who may want to travel to the beautiful country of El Salvador.
In closing Thank You Olga and Jose
El Salvador is quickly becoming the 'New Costa Rica'. It's tropical climate and affordable prices are beginning to attract a larger number of travelers looking for a distinctive and authentic get-away.
La Libertad is the most attractive leisure / surf spot in the country. The open air beach house is situated on one of the most private sections in the La Libertad area. We are about a half mile south of the La Libertad pier, which is next to the internationally famous Punta Roca break (a long hollow line). However, there are pristine waves to catch all across the area, including right in front of our place.
Here are some of location highlights: Black sand beaches | 80 degree Fahrenheit water | Fresh fish and local fruits | Cheap prices (on everything) | 1/2 hour from the airport | Pool / hot tub at the house | Secure and private property
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$79|
Rates are subject to change until we have had a chance to review and confirm the reservation. Factors that may impact the rate include size of group, time of year, additional services, etc.
Thanks for your interest!