Casa Amarilla ~ Wander the Magical Heart of Santa Fe(45 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath (Sleeps 4)
As it is, Casa Amarilla's location is only part of its appeal. Set back in a deep garden lot, the house is a quiet retreat. A contributing historic adobe, its thick, rounded walls create a soothing, cool interior in the summer. In winter, radiant heat rises silently from under the brick floors throughout to create a cozy warm ambiance. A living room air conditioner cools the house during warm summer days. Eating al fresco on the shaded portal, you'll enjoy the sound of church bells and call of morning doves carried on the clear air.
The house is arranged so that the bedrooms are separated from the living and dining rooms by a long hall. Night owls won't disturb the slumber of anyone who prefers to turn in early. Throughout the house you'll find creative touches reflecting the whimsical folk art of our area. The living room, with its comfortable leather couches and chairs, is informal and inviting. The tile and tin work throughout the house reflects the style for which Santa Fe is famous.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2004
- 2150 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Mobile Phone:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jul 1 - Sep 5, 2017
3 night min stay
Dec 16 - Jan 6, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $80
- Pet Fee $20
- Tax Rate 8.313%
Our policy is "no refunds" but you may use the money for another visit or give it to a family member or friend.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Here's a list of 10 Santa Fe treasures that locals enjoy. We recommend you check them out. All are within walking distance of Casa Amarilla. Look them up on Google for location and details.
1. Holy Spirit Expresso...on San Francisco Street on your way to the Plaza. A teeny tiny shop serving the best coffee in town.
2. The view of the city at sunset from the Cross of the Martyrs. Climb the stairs to read about NM history on the way up, or drive to the top.
3. A cool libation at La Fonda's Bell Tower bar. Another killer site for sunset viewing. Hang out in La Fonda's lobby for great people watching, too.
4. Walking east or west along the Santa Fe River. You'll find the path just a block from the house.
5. Cathedral Park. A beauty with tall trees and benches on the north side of the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi ('the Cathedral').
6. The Plaza Cafe. Sit by the big plate glass windows to watch travelers and locals on the Plaza amble by. Great pie.
7. Collected Works Bookstore on the corner of Galisteo & Water Streets. A great local independent bookstore with couches you can sink into.
8. Doodlet's Shop on the corner of Don Gaspar Ave and Water Street. Unique, inexpensive treasures you've never seen before, guaranteed.
9. The Travel Bug - a travel specialty store for adventurous people like you! You'll find everything you need for exploring the nearby national forests, wilderness areas, hiking trails, walking paths and parks.
10. The Santa Fe Farmer's Market. A riot of savory sights and scents every Tuesday and Saturday mornings during the summer (Saturdays only in winter). Consistently voted among the top ten farmers' markets in the country. In the Railyard.
Year Purchased: 1991
Why Guadalupe, Santa Fe, NM, USA:
Owner Note: I grew up in New York City and came west in the summers as a child to work on my family's cattle ranch in Northern New Mexico. Many years later, when I had the chance to purchase a home in Santa Fe, it was important to me -- being a city girl at heart -- that I be able to walk my town. A contributing historic home situated in Santa Fe's downtown barrio neighborhood, Casa Amarillo is central to everything. I love being able to explore the sights and sounds of old Santa Fe, get my shopping and errands done, and then return home on foot to the peace and quiet of this traditional adobe casa and its lush garden. It's the best of both worlds.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Thick adobe walls ensure a cool interior in summer months. A living room air conditioner and master bedroom ceiling fan further guarantee your summer comfort. Radiant heat rising through brick floors throughout create a cozy warmth in winter...and you can always enjoy the added ambiance of a fire in the fireplace.
- Primary: +1 5059842551
- Secondary: +1 5056906161
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Passage to Casa Amarilla's private garden + the front door is through this gate.
Enter into a hall with brick floor, traditional ceiling vigas & 'star' lights.
A fire will be set when you arrive with additional wood stacked on the portal.
In summer months, we install a 12,000 BTU air conditioner in the west window.
Dining room with punched-tin chandelier seats six.
The master bedroom features a sublime mattress, extra roomy closet + 2 windows.
Charming tile work frames the bathroom sink + shower. Or enjoy a deep hot bath!
Guest bedroom's bookshelf and door to hallway.
Celebrate the holidays at Casa Amarilla and enjoy the Plaza's dazzling lights.
The Sangre de Cristo Mountains stand guard over Santa Fe.
Night-time lights welcome you home from dinner on the town.
Enjoy dining outdoors on your private garden porch in spring, summer and fall.
The living room is spacious and cozy.
Comfortable living room seating for seven.
The well stocked kitchen's perfect for entertaining, family meals, and grazing.
This hall leads past a whimsical 'wall of monsters' to the private bedrooms.
Bathroom hosts a granite sink counter top, large mirror + attractive lighting.
Two twin beds in the guest room. Both bedrooms have traditional coved ceilings.
The shady garden is perfect for tea or cocktails.
The blooming Rose of Sharon.
Visit the beautiful St. Francis Cathedral at night, a short 10-minute walk away.
We invite you to make Casa Amarilla your home in Santa Fe! Come back soon.
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.