About the property
- House2150 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
House, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath (Sleeps 4)
If you're like many people, you'll travel a good distance to get to our beautiful town. Once here, wouldn't it be great if you could tuck your car into a private, off-street parking spot and forget it? At Casa Amarilla, only eight blocks lie between you and the Plaza, the center of old town. In fact, all of Santa Fe's charm and history is easily accessible to you by foot from this lovely home. You can walk to over a dozen fine restaurants, the Georgia O'Keeffe and several other museums, movie theaters, bookstores, coffee shops, our top-rated Farmer's Market, grocery stores, the post office, the galleries of Canyon Road, and world-class shopping at Sanbusco Center and the Railyard. They are ALL within easy reach and the walking itself is at least half the fun. Exploring Santa Fe on foot is what brings its unique architecture, rich colors, and old world charm to life. Let Casa Amarilla be your starting point for entering the heart of the City Different.
As it is, Casa Amarilla's location is only part of its appeal. Set back in a deep garden lot, the house is a quiet retreat. A contributing historic adobe, its thick, rounded walls create a soothing, cool interior in the summer. In winter, radiant heat rises silently from under the brick floors throughout to create a cozy warm ambiance. A living room air conditioner cools the house during warm summer days. Eating al fresco on the shaded portal, you'll enjoy the sound of church bells and call of morning doves carried on the clear air.
The house is arranged so that the bedrooms are separated from the living and dining rooms by a long hall. Night owls won't disturb the slumber of anyone who prefers to turn in early. Throughout the house you'll find creative touches reflecting the whimsical folk art of our area. The living room, with its comfortable leather couches and chairs, is informal and inviting. The tile and tin work throughout the house reflects the style for which Santa Fe is famous.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
Why Linda chose Guadalupe
Owner Note: I grew up in New York City and came west in the summers as a child to work on my family's cattle ranch in Northern New Mexico. Many years later, when I had the chance to purchase a home in Santa Fe, it was important to me -- being a city girl at heart -- that I be able to walk my town. A contributing historic home situated in Santa Fe's downtown barrio neighborhood, Casa Amarillo is central to everything. I love being able to explore the sights and sounds of old Santa Fe, get my shopping and errands done, and then return home on foot to the peace and quiet of this traditional adobe casa and its lush garden. It's the best of both worlds.
What makes this House unique
Thick adobe walls ensure a cool interior in summer months. A living room air conditioner and master bedroom ceiling fan further guarantee your summer comfort. Radiant heat rising through brick floors throughout create a cozy warmth in winter...and you can always enjoy the added ambiance of a fire in the fireplace.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Cute - Cozy - Clean!
Had a great weekend in Santa Fe! Lovely home in town near dining, museums. We found the home well equipped, and clean! Thanks for a great stay!
Santa Fe Charm
Beautiful and comfortable home with very tasteful decor. Well stocked kitchen and all the amenities needed for a relaxed stay. Enjoyed the outdoor patio in the morning.
This is a beautiful and charming home with an abundance of artwork throughout.
We would definitely stay here again. The location is superb. House is well provisioned. Owner is helpful and communicates well.
We had a fantastic time at Casa Amarillo! The House was in a great location. We loved the yard, it was perfect sitting outside and relaxing. The home itself was very charming! Definitely recommend it!
Stylish, clean, amenity-packed, and a great location!
This adobe home just off San Francisco street, the main artery into the plaza, was far enough away to be out of the bustle and in a quiet neighborhood. Yet, it was an easy walk into the plaza area. If you like a walk, Canyon Road is also within range with a myriad of shops and restaurants to stop by on the way.
The house itself is delightful and filled with an array of Southweatern artistic elements. It is extremely clean and stocked with top shelf amenities such as cotten terry robes in the closets. It’s obvious that Linda is a thoughtful and accessible hostess.
Off street parking and a private courtyard are a nice bonus.
One word: cockroaches.
Owner needs to call a proper exterminator, not set out roach motels in a "pet friendly" house. My dog almost ate one. The cleaning crew even left the empty box in haste on the kitchen counter.
We're grateful that you quickly drew our attention to the problem. We called an exterminator immediately and have had no further issues. It was a first occurrence and will not happen again. We're happy you accepted the refund we offered on your stay and do apologize for the trouble these pesky insects caused you.
Here's a list of 10 Santa Fe treasures that locals enjoy. We recommend you check them out. All are within walking distance of Casa Amarilla. Look them up on Google for location and details.
1. Holy Spirit Expresso...on San Francisco Street on your way to the Plaza. A teeny tiny shop serving the best coffee in town.
2. The view of the city at sunset from the Cross of the Martyrs. Climb the stairs to read about NM history on the way up, or drive to the top.
3. A cool libation at La Fonda's Bell Tower bar. Another killer site for sunset viewing. Hang out in La Fonda's lobby for great people watching, too.
4. Walking east or west along the Santa Fe River. You'll find the path just a block from the house.
5. Cathedral Park. A beauty with tall trees and benches on the north side of the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi ('the Cathedral').
6. The Plaza Cafe. Sit by the big plate glass windows to watch travelers and locals on the Plaza amble by. Great pie.
7. Collected Works Bookstore on the corner of Galisteo & Water Streets. A great local independent bookstore with couches you can sink into.
8. Doodlet's Shop on the corner of Don Gaspar Ave and Water Street. Unique, inexpensive treasures you've never seen before, guaranteed.
9. The Travel Bug - a travel specialty store for adventurous people like you! You'll find everything you need for exploring the nearby national forests, wilderness areas, hiking trails, walking paths and parks.
10. The Santa Fe Farmer's Market. A riot of savory sights and scents every Tuesday and Saturday mornings during the summer (Saturdays only in winter). Consistently voted among the top ten farmers' markets in the country. In the Railyard.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Our policy is "no refunds" but you may use the money for another visit or give it to a family member or friend.