Picturesque. Romantic. Private. Sormovila Guest Suite on the Naramata Bench!(25 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Drink in the views at Sormovila Guest Suite!
Sormovila is a beautifully designed guest suite (with it's own entrance) attached to our home,… yet it was specifically created to be a separate and private, elegant and romantic space for couples visiting wine country to enjoy this country experience. It's a far cry from hotel room.
Our property is set perched on a gentle hill among vineyards and orchards back dropped by spectacular views of Okanagan Lake, Munson Mountain’s magnificent white clay cliffs, the Giant’s Head and surrounding mountains. It lies just on the cusp of Naramata & Penticton in the heart of the Naramata Bench and a plethora of wineries.
Our property cycles through seasonal plants, flowers and grasses and is visited by many birds that feed, nest and have chicks here. It’s well maintained and managed with special attention given to the environment both outside and inside the residence and suite. Being environmentally conscious is of great value to us. It’s the least we can do to give back. We are very fortunate to have found this lovely piece of property and feel equally appreciative that we were able to create a special space to share with visiting guests who have similar values.
To enjoy this little slice of heaven, please contact us by email to book Sormovila Guest Suite for your holiday.
WHAT AWAITS YOU:
• Beautifully designed, well appointed, Self Contained, Self Catered Suite, Romantic Getaway, Perfect for 2 adults
• Spectacular views of orchards, mountains, vineyards, lake ~ French doors boasting south views
• Welcome Basket: with home baked bread, tea, coffee & milk for 2, and a few other goodies
• Marble Counter WineDineBar, Microwave, Bar Fridge, Cuisinart coffee maker, kettle & toaster
• Crystal wine glasses
• UK Royal Stafford Dinnerware, Italian Stoneware & Portugal made Dinnerware
• Exceptional kitchenware & utensils and Stainless Steel Flatware
• Private en-suite bathroom with heated floor
• Fully tiled walk-in rain shower, Guest Robes
• Organic creams, soaps, shampoo & rinse, hair dryer
• Sound-proofed connector walls & double door, Hardwood and slate flooring
• Heat Pump Air Conditioning and Solar Blinds
• Flatscreen Satellite TV, Complimentary WiFi
• Original Paintings by resident artist, PJC Studio
• Your own private Courtyard Deck with magnificent south and western views
• Stainless Steel BBQ with side hotplate, patio Bistro Dinette, gravity loungers
• Sitting area with Adirondack chairs for wine at sunset or morning coffee
• Buddha pond with ponder bench
• Completely Smoke-Free environment inside & outside.
• Well maintained and managed property with special attention given to caring for the environment both outside and inside the residence and guest suite.
For more details, visit Sormovila's website, then phone or email to book your Sormovila Guest Suite accommodations.
2017 Nightly Rates:
• May 1 - May 31 - $190 Canadian
• June 1 - Sept 30 - $215 Canadian
• Oct 1 - Oct 31- $190 Canadian
• Closed Nov 1 - April 30
• 2 night minimum booking
• 3 night minimum on Long Weekends
•• Rates are subject to change without notice.
Check-in & Check-out Times:
Check-in time - 4 pm - Sorry no early arrivals unless pre-arranged with us.
Check-out time - 11 am
WHAT'S AROUND YOU at Sormovila Guest Suite:
Sormovila’s Nearby Amenities:
• 10 minute drive to downtown Penticton
• 10 minute drive to Naramata Village
Wineries on the Bench…
Drive to Wineries~
• 10 minute drive or less to at least 22 wineries along the Naramata Benchlands including: Red Rooster Winery, Ruby Blues Winery, Poplar Grove Winery, Township 7 Vineyards and Winery, LaFrenz Winery, Lake Breeze Vineyards, Marichel Vineyard & Winery,… just to name a few.
Walk to Wineries~
• 5-7 minute walk to 6 Local Naramata Bench Wineries: Hillside Estate Winery, Quidni Estate Winery, Howling Bluff Estate Wines, Laughing Stock Vineyards, Tightrope Winery and Black Widow Winery - you can see most of them from Sormovila.
Dining at Hillside Barrel Room Bistro~
• 7 minute walk or 1 minute drive to Hillside - check for hours of operation please
Swimming at the Beach~
• 12-15 minute walk or 3 minute drive to Three Mile Beach
Walking or Biking the KVR~
• 1 km to KVR Trail access
• 12-15 minute walk or 5-10 minute bike or 2 minute drive to 2 different accesses points
Hiking or Biking the Mice Trails~
• 1 km to 3 Blind Mice Trail Network access
• 20 minute walk or 15 minute bike or 3 minutes drive
Road Riding to the Painted Rock~
• 10-15 km ride from Sormovila
Check the Rates Page and the Calendar here or at Sormovila's website, then phone or email to book your Sormovila Guest Suite accommodations.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- Max. occupancy 2
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- 1 en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower and heated floors.
- Sormovila Guest Suite on the Naramata Bench ~ A Little Slice of Heaven Sormovila is a beautifully designed guest suite (with it's own private entrance) attached to our home. The Suite was specifically created to be a separate and private, elegant and romantic space for couples visiting wine country to enjoy this country experience. It's a far cry from your average hotel room. Sormovila is on the lake side of our home and offers our guests a lovely, romantic, and well appointed private vacation space to relax & drink in the views of vineyards, orchards, mountains and the lake. For a unique, romantic getaway in wine country, choose Sormovila Guest Suite on the Naramata Bench. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View:
- Monument View:
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 2 people
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - May 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Jun 1 - Sep 30, 2017
2 night min stay
Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
• There is no cleaning fee to stay at Sormovila, UNLESS excessive cleaning is required after your stay. That means that anything that goes above and beyond our thorough and standard cleaning time of 3 hours, you will incur a cleaning fee of $100 that will be billed directly to your credit card. We offer a beautiful place for vacationing guests to enjoy. If your stay makes this a challenge to meet, a cleaning fee of $100 is applied to your credit card.
• www.sormovila.com - for more details, Payment and Cancellation Policies, etc
• Boat Owners looking to park a boat & trailer must pre-organize with us & may be charged a fee.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Naramata is known for it's many local vineyards & wineries. Local Wine tasting is a favourite pass time here. Sormovila Guest Suite is with maximum 7 minutes walking distance to 6 wineries, including Hillside Wine Estate, Howling Bluff, Three Mile Winery, Laughing Stock, Black Widow, & Tightrope.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Welcome to this little slice of heaven! Pauline & Mark have opened up their home and created a special place for others to enjoy this beautiful place in wine country. Sormovila is a private and elegant guest suite on the lake side of their home that offers their guests a lovely, romantic, and well appointed private vacation space to enjoy. Mark & Pauline are nature lovers who moved from North Vancouver to the Okanagan in late 2011. Mark enjoys hiking, mountain biking and is a former triathlete having done the Ironman both in Penticton and New Zealand. Since having moved here he’s developed quite the green thumb and a fabulous garden, as well! While Pauline has done an adventure race and some challenging riding in her day she now much prefers cross country mountain biking & hiking and is thrilled to have her own art studio on site, PJC studio. She draws, paints, works in multi-media and does a bit of sculpting as well. Please email to book your Sormovila Guest Suite accommodations.
Why the Owner Chose Penticton, BC, Canada:
This truly is,… a place to remember. So many visitors and guests who come here,… wish they could stay longer! The views at Sormovila Guest Suite are simply spectacular. Sormovila Guest Suite is newly designed and features a beautiful, romantic one bedroom suite with private ensuite bathroom, a luxurious marble-topped WineDineBar as well as your own private west facing Courtyard deck. You are going to love your holiday experience here.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Sormovila Guest Suite is new, private and is set on a gentle hill that offers spectacular views of local orchards, vineyards, the mountains & lake. The suite is elegantly designed with a decadent marble topped WineDineBar. 6 local Wineries are at most a 7 minute walk away including Hillside Winery and their Barrel Room Bistro. This is such a special place.
- Primary: +1 2504906263 8am - 9pm
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The View from Sormovila Guest Suite's Courtyard Deck
From Sormovila's Deck - Tightrope's Vineyard - Riesling!
The beautiful clay cliffs of Munson Mountain - from Sormovila's Courtyard Deck.
A beautiful place to relax.
Sormovila Guest Suite
Coffee & Teas for two, to get your vacation off to a great start.
WineBar with a selection of local wines.
Welcome Basket with Home Baked Bread
Organic Soaps & Creams
A sweet spot for morning coffee or afternoon shade.
View from Sormovila's private Courtyard Deck
The View from Sormovila Guest Suite's Courtyard Deck
Spring in Wine Country at Sormovila.
Sormovila Guest Suite's private entrance
Sormovila Guest Suite
Sormovila Guest Suite's WineDineBar
WineDineBar: with Microwave, Compact Fridge, Coffee Maker, Kettle, Toaster
5 fine appliances
Private Ensuite with heated floor & fully tiled walk-in Rain Shower
Sormovila's views over the vineyards, orchards, to the lake and mountains.
Spring at Sormovila
Autumn at Sormovila Guest Suite, seen from Laughing Stock Winery's Tasting Room
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, May 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.