About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Drink in the views at Sormovila Guest Suite!
Drink in the views at Sormovila Guest Suite and enjoy a unique, romantic getaway on the Naramata Bench. Sormovila is a beautifully designed, luxurious guest suite that offers privacy, elegance and a romantic space in the midst of wine country. You'll be welcomed with a delightful basket including home baked bread, freshly ground coffee, teas and a few other niceties. The WineDineBar is perfectly equipped with kettle, coffeemaker, toaster, microwave & bar fridge and the ideal balance of kitchenware. A cozy spot by the french doors is perfect for reading, watching hummingbirds or enjoying your morning coffee. The spacious & private Courtyard Deck offers SS BBQ with hotplate, bistro dining set, loungers and plenty of opportunity for drinks on the deck and enjoying the amazing views and sunsets. Our property is perched on a gentle hill overlooking vineyards, orchards and back dropped by spectacular views of Okanagan Lake and a panorama of mountains. You'll enjoy the perfect vantage point as the setting sun lights up Munson Mountain’s magnificent white cliffs. The cycles of seasonal plants, flowers and grasses enhance the grounds while being visited by many birds that feed, nest and have chicks here. It truly is a slice of heaven!
We look forward to having you stay with us!
2018 Nightly rates:
• May 1 - May 31 - $195 Canadian
• June 1 - Sept 30 - $225 Canadian
• Oct 1 - Oct 31- $195 Canadian
• Inquire about booking Nov 1 - April 30
• 2 night minimum booking
• 3 night minimum on Long Weekends
•• Rates are subject to change without notice.
WHAT AWAITS YOU:
• Beautifully designed, well appointed, Self Contained, Self Catered Suite, Romantic Getaway, Perfect for 2 adults
• Spectacular views of orchards, mountains, vineyards, lake ~ French doors boasting south views
• Welcome Basket: with home baked bread, tea, coffee & milk for 2, and a few other goodies
• Marble Counter WineDineBar, Microwave, Bar Fridge, Cuisinart coffee maker, kettle & toaster
• Crystal wine glasses
• UK Royal Stafford Dinnerware, Italian Stoneware & Portugal made Dinnerware
• Exceptional kitchenware & utensils and Stainless Steel Flatware
• Private en-suite bathroom with heated floor
• Fully tiled walk-in rain shower, Guest Robes
• Organic creams, soaps, shampoo & rinse, hair dryer
• Sound-proofed connector walls & double door, Hardwood and slate flooring
• Heat Pump Air Conditioning and Solar Blinds
• Flatscreen Satellite TV, Complimentary WiFi
• Original Paintings by resident artist, PJC Studio
• Studio & PJC Studio Gallery tours welcome
• Your own private Courtyard Deck with magnificent south and western views
• Stainless Steel BBQ with side hotplate, patio Bistro Dinette, gravity loungers
• Sitting area with Adirondack chairs for wine at sunset or morning coffee
• Buddha pond with ponder bench
• Completely Smoke-Free environment inside & outside.
• Well maintained and managed property with special attention given to caring for the environment both outside and inside the residence and guest suite.
For more details, visit Sormovila's website, then phone or email to book your Sormovila Guest Suite accommodations.
Check-in & Check-out Times:
Check-in time - 4 pm - Sorry no early arrivals in high season. Must be pre-arranged otherwise.
Check-out time - 11 am
WHAT'S AROUND YOU at Sormovila Guest Suite:
Sormovila’s Nearby Amenities:
• 10 minute drive to downtown Penticton
• 10 minute drive to Naramata Village
Wineries on the Bench…
Drive to Wineries~
• 10 minute drive or less to at least 22 wineries along the Naramata Benchlands including: Red Rooster Winery, Ruby Blues Winery, Poplar Grove Winery, Township 7 Vineyards and Winery, LaFrenz Winery, Lake Breeze Vineyards, Marichel Vineyard & Winery,… just to name a few.
Walk to Wineries~
• 5-7 minute walk to 6 Local Naramata Bench Wineries: Hillside Estate Winery, Quidni Estate Winery, Howling Bluff Estate Wines, Laughing Stock Vineyards, Tightrope Winery and Black Widow Winery - you can see most of them from Sormovila.
Dining at Hillside Barrel Room Bistro~
• 7 minute walk or 1 minute drive to Hillside - check for hours of operation please
Swimming at the Beach~
• 12-15 minute walk or 3 minute drive to Three Mile Beach
Walking or Biking the KVR~
• 1 km to KVR Trail access
• 12-15 minute walk or 5-10 minute bike or 2 minute drive to 2 different accesses points
Hiking or Biking the Mice Trails~
• 1 km to 3 Blind Mice Trail Network access
• 20 minute walk or 15 minute bike or 3 minutes drive
Road Riding to the Painted Rock~
• 10-15 km ride from Sormovila
Damage, Cancellation & Cleaning Policies
We require your credit card details for our damage, cancellation & cleaning policies when you book Sormovila Guest Suite. Go to Sormovila's website to read through the policies for your added confidence and security about these policies.
Check the Rates Page and the Calendar here or at Sormovila's website, then phone or email to book your Sormovila Guest Suite accommodations.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, a bit of Dutch & a bit of Japanese
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 24, 2018
About Pauline Jans
Welcome to this little slice of heaven! Pauline & Mark have opened up their home and created a special place for others to enjoy this beautiful place in wine country. Sormovila is a private and elegant guest suite on the lake side of their home that offers their guests a lovely, romantic, and well appointed private vacation space to enjoy. Mark & Pauline are nature lovers who moved from North Vancouver to the Okanagan in late 2011. Mark enjoys hiking, mountain biking and is a former triathlete having done the Ironman both in Penticton and New Zealand. Since having moved here he’s developed quite the green thumb and a fabulous garden, as well! While Pauline has done an adventure race and some challenging riding in her day she now much prefers cross country mountain biking & hiking and is thrilled to have her own art studio on site, PJC studio. She draws, paints, works in multi-media and does a bit of sculpting as well. Please email to book your Sormovila Guest Suite accommodations.
Pauline Jans purchased this House in 2012
Why Pauline Jans chose Penticton
This truly is,… a place to remember. So many visitors and guests who come here,… wish they could stay longer! The views at Sormovila Guest Suite are simply spectacular. Sormovila Guest Suite is newly designed and features a beautiful, romantic one bedroom suite with private ensuite bathroom, a luxurious marble-topped WineDineBar as well as your own private west facing Courtyard deck. You are going to love your holiday experience here.
What makes this House unique
Sormovila Guest Suite is new, private and is set on a gentle hill that offers spectacular views of local orchards, vineyards, the mountains & lake. The suite is elegantly designed with a decadent marble topped WineDineBar. 6 local Wineries are at most a 7 minute walk away including Hillside Winery and their Barrel Room Bistro. This is such a special place.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Beautifully presented great hosts first class
We loved our stay at Sormovila Pentiction although it was abit fresh outside we still enjoyed the views from the deck over a glass of local wine. Sormovila has everything you need and is ideally located to enjoy the local winery's
Thank you so much for such a lovely review. We are pleased that you enjoyed yourselves and managed to stay cozy on that nippy weekend. We are happy that you found everything you needed and enjoyed yourselves. Hope you come back again to BC Canada's wine country. Love to see you here again!
Can't wait to return!!
This is a truly amazing place to stay and we can't wait to return! Pauline and Mark were wonderful and such a pleasure to talk to. The views from the photos are even better in person and so relaxing to have a drink on the deck. Highlights from the stay were visiting the wineries, cheese makers, great dinners out and the farmers market, the best farmers market I've ever seen.
Great week long stay in a wonderful little apartment. Nicely upgraded, beautiful views with a terrific deck to enjoy meals and drinks on and very close to many wineries.
My husband and I spent about a week at Sormovila in the breathtaking Naramata Bench in the Okanagan Valley. The suite was perfect in every way. It's an independent unit attached to the main house. It was so clean and beautiful and the appliances looked brand new. This is a testament to the attention to detail that is evident in every part of the suite; the owners want to maintain an exceptional environment for all guests. Everything is perfectly arranged and everything you need is there. The private deck is a wonderful place to sit and enjoy the setting sun over the vineyards and the lake. The owners are there if you need anything, but otherwise leave you to yourselves. That's not to say you fend for yourselves, because the unit has a binder with lots of ideas of things to do and places to eat. We hope to return next year!
how to say it in one word -perfection-
Mark and Pauline have created a perfect oasis in pentictan. Having stayed multiple times over the last few years, with each time getting longer. We can honestly say we have never been disappointed with anything at Sormovila. The room is perfect for two, the deck is lovely for watching sunsets looking out over the vineyard. Perfect for sharing a bottle of wine with someone special in your life. Just relax and enjoy you will not be disappointed. Paulines art work is amazing in the room and can also be seen at some of the wineries near by.
There is lots to do and see near by. From wineries to old fashion soda pop tasting to food.Every place we have tried has been great from pizza to tapas to fine dining. Hiking and biking for the more adventurous. Mark and Pauline have probably ran or biked most of the trails
with their dog Henry and can let you know which ones are the best to try.
Your hosts are an amazing couple of have tried to make this place your home away from home for however long you stay.We hope you enjoy as much as we have over the years and we will be going back soon
Wonderful Wedding Weekend
We enjoyed our brief stay at Sormovila, can't wait to come back on our one year anniversary to take full advantage of this beautiful getaway.
Thank you Jennifer your your review of Sormovila Guest Suite. We are thrilled that you and Marino had a lovely time here and we would love to have you back for your first year celebrations! Enjoy the summer & hope to see you in 2018!
Naramata is known for it's many local vineyards & wineries. Local Wine tasting is a favourite pass time here. Sormovila Guest Suite is with maximum 7 minutes walking distance to 6 wineries, including Hillside Wine Estate, Howling Bluff, Three Mile Winery, Laughing Stock, Black Widow, & Tightrope.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
CANCELLATION Cancellation Refund processing fee of 15% applies to ALL cancellations, regardless of the time it occurs. CANCELLATION POLICY: • Bookings cancelled at least 60 days prior to the start of the stay will receive 100% refund minus a processing fee of 15% • Bookings cancelled at least 30 days prior to the start of the stay will receive 50% refund minus a processing fee of 15% . CLEANING There is no cleaning fee to stay at Sormovila, UNLESS excessive cleaning is required after your stay. That means that anything that goes above and beyond our thorough and standard cleaning time of 3 hours, you will incur a cleaning fee of $100 that will be billed directly to your credit card. We offer a beautiful place for vacationing guests to enjoy. If your stay makes this a challenge to meet, a cleaning fee of $100 is applied to your credit card. • www.sormovila.com - for more details, Payment and Cancellation Policies, etc • Boat Owners looking to park a boat & trailer must pre-organize with us & may be charged a fee.