The 'La Te Da' house is a two story key west style home located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. The backyard is a private beach, you are simply foot steps away from beautiful turquoise water and sandy beach. We are next to Boca Grande, which is known for the world famous tarpon fishing tournaments. Also, a great beach for shell and shark tooth collectors!
Our home has 3 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and complete laundry room located inside the house. Accomodations for up to 6, (2 king size beds, with memory foam topper, 1 queen size bed and 1 bunk bed)
All bed linens and bath/beach towels are supplied for your convenience. There is a fully equipped kitchen with coffee maker, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, flat top stove, oven, reverse osmosis water purifier, cooking utensils, blender, toaster, etc.. We have a very stocked kitchen, you can call me before your trip and I can tell you what we do and don't have. We have all spices, coffee filters, most condiments, (ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, mayonnaise, syrup, cooking oil, and canned goods.
This home has a lovely screened in porch with a big table that seats 6 outside with an incredible breeze and beautiful views of the gulf. There is a propane barbeque grill. Perfect for any and every meal!
The master bedroom upstairs has a glass sliding door that opens up to another balcony with more fabulous views of the private beach. Also great for looking at stars! All bedrooms have hd flat screen TV's. The living room has a DVR so you can record your favorite programs while at the beach. We also have all the movie channels! HBO, Starz, Cinemax, TMC, and Showtime.
The house is a non smoking environment and we ask that you please smoke outside. We do allow pets but they must be approved prior to rental. There is a dock to dock your boat or you can use the water taxi to have access to the island.
We are one of the only houses that take your trash for you! Just put your trash in the garbage bin and we will take it for you! We rented on the island before purchasing and didn't like lugging our trash off the island at the end of our vacation.
All you need is groceries, bathing suit, and you're ready to have a great vacation! Lateda is the Perfect place to make lasting memories! I know our family has!
Answers to frequently asked questions:
• You cannot drive your car to the island, the island is accessible by boat only. You can use the water taxi or bring/rent a boat
• You can park your car at the Eldred's Marina. Parking is around $6 a day
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• Our home has beach chairs for the beach.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you (there are no stores on the island
• The water from the tap is safe to drink, we are hooked up to city water.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places. But they are fun and helpful to get your things to and from the dock.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control.