Your Smoky Mountain retreat awaits you at this rustic 5-bedroom, 3-bathroom vacation rental house! Nestled in the Nantahala National Forest, this nature-enthusiasts haven sleeps 11 guests, offers plenty of room to move around, and is ideal for families or a large group of friends. Bring your loved ones to this amazing destination for an experience you'll never forget!
The moment you arrive, the original pine paneling surrounds you, offering you and your guests an authentic lodge feeling. You'll feel right at home in the spacious living room, where you can relax on the comfortable sofas in front of the wood-burning fireplace while watching your favorite program on the flat-screen cable TV. Cook up a delicious home-cooked meal in the fully-equipped kitchen, where friends can join you for conversation at one of the 4 seats at the kitchen island. Enjoy the sumptuous feast in the adjacent dining room, or the nearby dining table in front of a second gas-burning fireplace, where you can take in the view through the large windows. After dinner, make your way to the additional living area where you can watch the cable TV or challenge your guests to a board game.
In warmer weather, cook up some burgers or brats on the gas grill, which you can enjoy on the covered back patio. Marvel at the home's magnificent views of the mountains, including the famous Whiteside Mountain. To the west, you'll catch a glimpse of downtown Highlands, where you can see 4th of July fireworks.
After a great night's sleep on one of the plush beds, you'll be ready for the day's adventures! With hiking-a-plenty in the area, you'll have many options ranging from short, simple hikes, such as the trail to the top of Whiteside Mountain, to all-day hikes, all with incredible vistas. Head to one of the local national parks or the many streams and lakes in the area for swimming, canoeing or kayaking. For the members of your group with a fishing license, trout fishing is available in the many streams just off the road, where you can find one local pond that allows you to take your fish home for dinner. A few local and private golf courses are nearby to practice your swing, or you can get your adrenaline rush with a ride on the new zip line course. Just a short walk from the house, Downtown Highlands boasts many restaurants, shopping, and spas when you're ready to hit the town! Regardless of how you choose to spend your time here, you're sure to have a memorable retreat when you book this fantastic vacation rental house!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, air-conditioning, cable TVs in each room, central heating, two fireplaces- one gas, one wood (wood provided), board games and puzzles for all ages, ample parking, wireless internet access, and much more!
- Fantastic Highlands location! Easy access to hiking, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, swimming, shopping, restaurants, and spas.
- Master Bedroom: King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: King-sized Bed (Can be separated into 2 Twin-sized Beds)
- Bedroom 3: King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 4: King-sized Bed, Twin-sized Bed (King-sized Bed can be separated into 2 Twin-sized Beds)
- Bedroom 5: Full-sized Bed
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties, or large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please inquire with Evolve for additional details)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply