|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Named in Honor of Wilbur & Orville Wright the WOW house is Bright & Airy & the Enhancements include a Private Swimming Pool, Hot Tub, & Rec. Room w/Pool Table. Nicely Appointed & Decorated, this home has Ample Decking, Good Ocean Views, & is Close to Shops & Restaurants.
Level 1: Bedroom (King) with TV & semi-private bath; Rec Room with Pool Table, Refrigerator, and Microwave; Laundry; Access to Private Swimming Pool.
Level 2: Bedroom (King with TV & deck access; Bedroom (Queen); Bedroom (2 Bunks); 2 Full Baths, family room with TV.
Level 3: Bedroom (Queen); Great room with TV and gas fireplace; Dining area with seating for 10; Kitchen with breakfast bar for 2; Full Bath; Screen porch with picnic table; sun deck with Ocean views & deck furniture.
This was by far the worst property I have ever stayed at at any beach. The black mold throughout the house and in the HVAC system had everyone sick by the end of the week. The ceiling in the basement leaked. The basement toilet did not flush. The Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom in the middle floor did not work. None of the TVs in the house (except the one in the main living space) worked. The house was very dirty. The beds were uncomfortable. The pillows smelled awful. Based on the ocean view photo, we thought the beach access was much closer than it actually was.
We stayed at the WOW House in August of 2013. Overall it met our needs, although there were a handful of items that we identified during our stay. None of these were major issues that required calling the management company, but passing along to those that are considering renting the house.
- While the house is less than 100 yards from the beach, the nearest public access is about 1/4 mile away.
- There are no HDTVs in the house so if you want to hook up an IPad or a Laptop to watch Netflix you'll need an adapter that has either VGA or RCA plugs.
- The water pressure is low, which means that you have to limit the number of people that shower at the same time.
- There were limited kitchen utensils (pots, pans, coffee mugs,etc) although this may have just been due to renting at the tail end of the summer season.
- The internet connection was slow, although in all fairness we had about 10 different laptops/IPods/IPads running on it at one time so that was somewhat expected.
On the positive side the pool and hot tub where fantastic, there is an enormous dining room table (seats 10), the game room was great, and there was more than enough room for all 10 of us. None of the issues above detracted from our stay and we enjoyed the trip greatly.
Wright Memorial - 10 minutes; Jockey's Ridge - 15 minutes; Tanger Outlets - 20 minutes; Waterfront Manteo Shops & Theatre - 25 minutes