If you are looking to stay in an authentic French apartment, look no further!!!
The 70m², wooden floored apartment is decorated with antique shabby chic French furniture, frames and tapestry. It is located on the 1st floor of a stone building with an elevator and is endowed with windows in each and every room of the apartment. The owner has given a lot of thought to the decoration of each room and has maintained a continuity in the style. The apt is perfect for 4 adults, could sleep as many as 6 guests. We will study request for 5 guests when one of the guests is a kid.
Works will be going on in the apartment during the months of October and November. From 1st December 2017 onwards, the apartment will be open for rent on a long term basis (minimum period of one year, re-conductible) as a main residence.
In the meanwhile, the owner will be refurbishing the apartment to give it a more modern look, with with furniture and furnishings to go with the style. The configuration of the apartment will remain the same.
The apartment building is located in the Montmartre area, rich in history. Besides being part of a pilgrimage route to the royal abbey of Saint Denis, Rue du Mont Cenis was where the famous writer/composer Hector Berlioz stayed briefly and wrote a few of his very famous works. One reaches the famous Sacre Coeur Church in 3 mn. Transportation is the easiest with subway stations 2 minutes’ walk away from the apartment.
On entering the apartment, once is welcomed by a large entrance. Left, one has direct access into the large living room. On the right, after a large closet, the corridor leads to the bathroom, bedroom, toilet and kitchen.
The living room offers two big windows that bathe the room in natural light. It offers 2 areas that were initially 2 rooms. A living room with chimney and a dining area which overlook a nice stone building and a long staircase leading to the Sacré Coeur :
• In the living room area, one finds a comfortable sofa. a center table and a fireplace (for decoration only not for use), the TV plus various pieces of furniture. The sofa can be converted into a comfortable double bed.
• In the dining room area, the table can comfortably seat 5 people. The area also offers a sofa that can be used as a double bed.
• Both the sofa beds are located in different parts of the room. The curtain in the middle of the room allows for privacy when pulled open.
Following the corridor, one finds :
• On left side, the bathroom offers a tub, a standalone shower and a sink.
• On right side , a dressing, the toilets, and the kitchen at the end. The kitchen profits from a window and is well equipped.
• At the end of the corridor, one has a large bedroom. The bedroom offers a large window, a comfortable bed for two and a fire place (for decoration only).
The owner prefers to rent the apartment on a long term basis for a period of 9 months to a year. The monthly prices that are mentioned have been adapted to a one year rental.
We will also accept shorter stays, over the next 2 months, if the apartment is available. Do reach out to us.
As a bonus, Phone calls to land lines in France, and to US, Canada and Australia are generaly free. It is also true for more than 50 countries. More over, calls to cell phones towards specific countries (often US & Canada) may also be free. Ask us for detail as it may vary with time and policies of operators.
This location is a perfect base to visit Paris. It stays 15 minute by subway to most interesting Paris locations AND is a very charming and restful area to be appreciated after a whole day shopping and walking through museums.
- Montmartre is a village within Paris: it combines the atmosphere of an ancient village with trendy shops and fabulous restaurants. Many artists and movie stars live in the district. It is a very charming and restful area to be appreciated after a whole day shopping and walking through museums.
- As you walk through Montmartre you will pass many winding and picturesque streets with fascinating houses, stairs and wonderful views over Paris. Look for the Montmartre Vineyard, walk to 'Place du Tertre' where artists will offer to draw your portrait and see Picasso’s house and the Salvador Dali museum. Visit the famous Sacre Coeur Moorish-looking church.
- On the other side of the hill on 'Rue des Abbesses' you will discover shops, cafes and clothing stores and in 'Rue Lepic' you will come across the market, wine shops
- The cheese shop was rated n° 3 in France – bakeries and charcuteries. It’ll take a few days to select your preferred “café” !!! Walk down to the Moulin Rouge and experience the Paris nightlife.
- The Champs-Elysees is only a ten-minute Metro ride; the Eiffel Tower, Le Marais, Les Halles, and Saint-Germain are all around 15 minutes from Lamarck-Caulaincourt.