On the Edge of a Gulch, Privacy, Charm, Unique Style Cottage - Permitted(9 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5-14 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
2 bedroom, 1 bath plus additional outdoor shower
Romantic, unique, charming coral rock cottage perched on the edge of Maliko Gulch. Swing in the hammock, or play tennis on the clay court. This is a property for nature lovers, romantics, and anybody looking for a quiet escape from reality. Wake up surrounded by plants and trees, and an endless blue sky. With lodging like this, why would anybody consider staying in a condo with thousands of other tourists?
The Iolani Guest cottage is fabulous for a Maui Honeymoon, quiet escape, or anybody that would enjoy a quiet Maui vacation rental cottage.
The property occupies a large two acre parcel of land, in the lowest section of Haiku (out of the rain band) and just a couple of minutes from Hookipa Beach. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with hundreds of trees and plants. A clay tennis court is available for guest use.
The GUEST COTTAGE sits to the side of the property, with its own garden and lawn. It has a wonderful, tropical garden view, and looks into the edge of the gulch. The cottage has coral rock exterior walls and a patio with teak outdoor dining furniture, gas grill and sun loungers. The interior has a custom kitchen (granite counters, top quality appliances including a sub-zero fridge), living area which opens to the deck, two bedrooms (king, king), and a custom, tiled bathroom. Other amenities include telephone with answering machine, TV, DVD, stereo, laundry, high speed wireless internet. This is the perfect cottage for guests wanting a reasonable price, but an upscale interior. One of the best features - a unique, coral rock outdoor shower, fabulous to rinse off when you come home from the beach covered in sand.
• Living room - comfy sofa
• Dining room - for 4 indoors, for 4 outdoors on the patio
• Kitchen - Sub-zero fridge, gas range, dishwasher, disposal
• Bedroom #1 - king bed, sliding doors to outdoors
• Bedroom #2 - king bed, sliding doors to deck
• Bath #1 - custom tiled, tub/shower combo
Aloha! We are delighted that you are considering this property for your vacation lodging. We are sure that you would enjoy this lovely vacation home.
This property has a vacation rental permit issued by the County of Maui, and is subject to the rules and restrictions imposed by the County for all short term rental homes. Please understand that we would be unable to accept a rental that does not agree to abide by these rules. Note: properties without a short term rental permit are subject to closure by the County.
1. Neighbors - Please be considerate of our neighbors. Noise carries easily to their homes, particularly in the evening. NO loud music, NO parties, NO amplified sound of any nature at any time. Many neighbors must be up early in the morning to go to work, and it’s important that your use of this property does not impact them in any way.
2. Quiet Hours - Quiet time is from 9pm to 8am.
3. Use of the Property - Additional friends/family CANNOT be invited to the property and it cannot be used as a “meeting place”. The property can be used ONLY by the guests listed on the rental agreement. The County law allows us to accommodate a maximum of two guests x the number of bedrooms.
4. Parking - There is plenty of parking on the property. Vehicles CANNOT be parked on the street at any time. When vehicles are on the street, there is insufficient space for emergency vehicles, fire trucks, the trash truck or neighbors to get down the road.
Additional information with respect to care and maintenance of the house will be included in the rental agreement.
- 800 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Both bedrooms have king beds, ceiling fan, and 100% cotton linens.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Aug 10 - Aug 17, 2017
5 night min stay
Dec 20 - Jan 7, 2018
14 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Out cleaning fee $135
- Tax Rate 13.42%
Manager's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
This is a property for nature lovers, romantics, and anybody looking for a quiet escape from reality. Wake up surrounded by plants and trees, and an endless blue sky. With lodging like this, why would anybody consider staying in a condo with thousands of other tourists? The Iolani Guest cottage is fabulous for a Maui Honeymoon, quiet escape, or anybody that would enjoy a quiet Maui vacation rental cottage.
"Downtown" Haiku is just a mile or two up the road, and Paia town just ten minutes (by car) in the opposite direction. Close to it all, but just far enough away to feel that you've escaped the busy areas.
Year Purchased: 2001
About: We bought this property in 1999, and built the cottage in 2001. It's exactly what we wanted it to be! We have a young daughter, and the property is a perfect location to raise her. She's become quite the outdoors girl!
Why Haiku, Haiku-Pauwela, HI, USA:
We LOVE Haiku. Our property is only a few minutes down to Hookipa Beach or into Paia town. It's just far enough to feel private and secluded, but still close enough to be there in just a few minutes. We love nature, and this property delivers. It's a little slice of paradise.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Only one mile to the center of 'Haiku town', and only ten minutes in the opposite direction to Paia town.
- Primary: (808) 575-9228 (Hawaii, USA)
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Maui Vacation Properties - Iolani Cottage
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Lounge in the beauty of Maui
This will definitely make you leave your worries behind!
Fabulous outdoor living
Will you shower indoors? Perhaps not!
Rest, relax and rejuvenate in comfort
Master bedroom with garden views
Custom tiled bathroom
Enjoy fresh fruit from the fruit orchard
Sit in the covered 'viewing stand' and watch the tennis
The road to paradise; Iolani cottage
Fully equipped kitchen
Dine with a view!
Bedroom #2 also with a king size bed
Jim Kelly took this photo when he stayed at Iolani Cottage.
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, April 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.