About this rental
Rooms & beds
Bedrooms: 3(Sleeps: 6)
- Satellite or cable
- Washer & Dryer
- Children Welcome
- No Smoking
Hosted by Chris BrookesAsk a question
About Chris Brookes
Chris & Christina are a Newfoundland journalist & musician, we have lived in Outer Battery for 30 years.
Why Chris Brookes chose Downtown St. John's
The Outer Battery is a truly special place. It feels like a place from another time - a magical place. Inhabited since 1675 by fishermen, it has the feel of a small, separate village community. It's part of the city, but here we speak of 'going into Town' even though it's only 10 minutes walk to downtown! Neighbours are retired fishermen, longshoremen (stevedores), potters, poets, musicians, journalists, academics, sailors.
What makes this House unique
Sit on the deck and watch everything from a rowboat to a cruise liner come through the Narrows. See cormorants and a family of otters at waterside. Catch a glimpse of eagles fishing in the Narrows or the seagull chicks on the twine-store roof across the path. Witness wisps of fog creep in through the narrows. Hear the lonely sound of Fort Amherst foghorn. Wander up among the higgledy-piggledly houses of Fort Waldegrave. Chat with neighbours who all have a great story. Walk the spectacular North Head Trail around the cliff. See whales spout - sometimes right in front of the house. Catch some great entertainment downtown and walk home into a quiet little separate world.
- english, french, german, spanish
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. Upon leaving, property to be left in "broom-swept" tidy condition.
- Reserved parking (under the deck) accommodates one vehicle. Please ask homeowners' advice for parking extra vehicles.