Grand Central Apartments (Peymans)
Bad service and extremely poor value for money!
We experienced multiple issues during our visit in this apartment. We are disappointed with the service offered (or rather lack of it). The issues are listed below.
1. We paid £30 for an early check-in and arranged to meet a member of Peymans staff at 1.30pm. The person did not arrive on time and when I called Peymans they said that I should have called 45 min before arrival to let them know. This has not been communicated with us. The Peymans person arrived 40 minutes after the agreed time making us wait for the keys.
2. Upon the arrival to the apartment we found a large pile of dirty/soiled towels and linen left by the previous tenant inside the apartment. We had to bag everything ourselves and put it outside as no one come to do it. The apartment was dirty and unhygenic in general and we had to spend one hour cleaning it properly.
3. We found that the fob which allows access from garage to apartment did not work and failed to allow us to take the lift from the garage area to the apartment. We had to carry several heavy suitcases across this large site; this was a big effort and no help was offered.
4. The dishwasher was broken. We reported this to Peymans during the first day. They promised to send someone to repair it but nothing happened. We had to wash the dishes manually.
5. The shower in one of the bathrooms did not have hot water. Peymans promised to send someone to resolve this issue, but nothing happened.
6. The only shower with hot water was not working properly. If you open the tap normally, the water will splash beyond the shower area making the whole exercise uncomfortable.
7. The balcony door did not lock properly making the flat accessible from the neighbouring balconies. We reported this, but the issue was not resolved.
In summary, the service we obtained was unacceptable and disproportionately poor compared to the price we paid. If you pay so much money you expect high quality place/service, something we certainly did not get.
I suggested to Peymans that given the circumstances they could offer us a discount. They did not reply.
My family had quite an uncomfortable stay and I certainly do not recommend this place!