Have the ultimate getaway to the "Live Music Capital of the World" when you book ‘Wallie’s World,’ a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom Austin vacation rental property, which sleeps 4 with ease in 2 private guest suites. You'll love exploring the city with this centrally-located house as your home base! Whether you'd rather take advantage of the modern interior amenities, some of which are shared with the homeowner, or relax in the property's spacious backyard, you're sure to love this chic, urban home!
*Please Note: The 1st floor is private to guests, while the 2nd-floor living room, kitchen, dining room, lounge and laundry area are shared spaces with the owner only. The 3rd floor is reserved for the owner and will not be accessible by the guest (the owner and his female Labrador Retriever mix, Wallie, both live on the 3rd floor)*
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
With Lady Bird Lake, known to locals as "Town Lake," flowing through the city, Austin is a thriving metropolis with eclectic arts, culture, and of course, music! Just minutes from countless area attractions, this home is perfect for those looking to experience the best of Texas' capital city.
This home itself boasts nearly 2,000 square feet for you and your travel companions to enjoy, including a shared living space and private guest quarters. The open, fully equipped kitchen features top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances, rendering it perfect for the chef of the group to whip up tasty meals.
Meanwhile, the large projection screen in the living room will make movie night feel like a night out at the big screen (please check with homeowner for availability and use) - with wireless internet connection and access to 120+ channels, you won't miss a thing. Also, with a Roku in each bedroom, a plethora of other entertainment options will be at your disposal.
The home's mid-century modern design - a style typical of Austin real estate - will make you feel right at home with its real hardwood floors, high-end furnishings, and solid-slab granite countertops. Wallie, the homeowner’s precious dog, is also part of the home’s decor and is often everyone’s favorite “accent piece.”
Conversation will flow easily from one room to another with the open-concept layout, making next-day itinerary planning a breeze. When the early birds wake up, they can soak up the morning sun while they sip their coffee on the beautifully furnished patio. Night owls can enjoy this space too, perhaps finishing the evening with a glass of their favorite local beer or wine.
At the end of the day, you'll be delighted to retreat to either of the uniquely designed bedrooms on the private guest floor, both of which include brand new, plush Casper mattresses. If you fall in love with the mattress during your stay, you can enjoy a $50 discount when you buy one for your own home!
The best feature of this property may be its ideal location, allowing easy access to anything and everything around Austin! From here, it's just a 20-minute walk to downtown, where superb restaurants, boutique shops, and live music venues await. You can also explore the city by bike, as there are bike rentals just 3 blocks away from this home at CycleEast - a space that is also shared with a quaint coffee shop called Flat Track Coffee!
Looking to check out the city's outdoor draws? You're in luck! There are tons of impressive parks just across Town Lake, including Zilker Metro Park, Lamar Beach Metro Park, and Butler Park. Also, from here you'll be just 2 blocks from Town Lake's famed 10-mile running trail, a free public swimming pool that's open during the summer months, free public tennis courts and an outdoor track with soccer field - please note these are public facilities and availability is not guaranteed.
While you're here, you'll also be within easy reach of tons of outdoor adventures. Mount Bonnell is reachable in less than a 20-minutes, where you can enjoy a short afternoon hike, followed by a picnic with a view. You can even reach Lake Travis in less than 45 minutes if you're itching to get out for a day of fishing, ziplining and more. If you're looking for a closer option for lake activities, check out Lake Austin - a local favorite for waterfront dining and outdoor recreation.
Just east of the soaring buildings of which the city's unique skyline is comprised, this property is situated near the hip locales of downtown Austin's east side, where unique neighborhood bars make up the nightlife scene and vibrant murals adorn the sides of historic buildings turned urban hangouts. Some popular neighborhood attractions within a mile of the home include popular restaurant Launderette, Weather Up drinks lounge, and several renowned nightlife options, including Rainey Street bars and clubs, in addition to East Sixth Street bars, which are a bit more low key than the West Sixth Street alternatives.
If you're in town for an event, you'll be delighted to find that the Austin Convention Center is situated just over a mile away, or a 24-minute walk. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time, you'll undoubtedly have a phenomenal retreat when you book this spectacular Austin vacation rental house!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a Nest smart home system, free WiFi, central air conditioning, large projector screen for movie/TV viewing (please check with homeowner for availability and use), brand new Casper mattresses, Roku access in each bedroom, shared in-unit laundry machines, Bluetooth speakers, large yard with patio, outdoor furniture, electric grill, and much more
- Enjoy views of the city skyline from the property!
- Fantastic, walkable location - Conveniently situated blocks from Lady Bird/Town Lake and downtown Austin!
- Closest Commercial Airport - Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, 3600 Presidential Blvd, Austin, TX 78719, (~6.7 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed, however, a friendly dog (female Labrador Retriever mix) will be present throughout your stay, as this is the homeowner's primary residence. Because of this, please be aware that the property is not suited for guests with pet allergies. Keep in mind that the dog is never allowed in the guest bedrooms. Also, please do not feed the dog
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
Security Camera Information:
- The property features interior/exterior security cameras in the following locations:
- 1 exterior camera - On the doorbell of the main front door
- 1 exterior camera - At the side door leading to the backyard (does not look into any interior spaces or the backyard itself
- 1 interior camera - On the second level and points to the front door
- There are no cameras in the private guest space