Plan your next getaway to the quaint town of Jefferson, Iowa and stay in the childhood home of Dr. George Horace Gallup. Known for his innovative ideas and pioneering public opinion polling, Dr. Gallup dedicated his life to learning about others. This fully renovated octagonal structure, built by Dr. Gallup's father at the turn of the 20th century, is now a unique vacation rental home that offers 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms in 2,500 square feet of historically charming living space.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Additional Sleeping: Queen Air Mattress
Upon arrival, you'll immediately notice the distinctive architecture of the home. The octagonal shape of the exterior was widely popular during the 1800's and was said to withstand the wind and provide improved air circulation throughout the interior of the home.
Step inside the home to find a tastefully decorated interior that you're sure to fall in love with. Boasting craftsman style details accompanied by Victorian elegance, this fully renovated home offers original woodworking throughout, complete with a warm palette and craftsmanship provided by talented artisans.
Start a memorable vacation morning while you sip on a fresh brew of coffee from the inviting wraparound deck. Later, prepare breakfast in the fully equipped kitchen, complete with a coffee maker and dishwasher.
Gather around the octagonal dining room table, hosting seating for 12 guests, and enjoy a home-cooked meal or challenge your comrades to a friendly game of cards. When you're ready to call it a night, retreat to one of the inviting bedrooms, where you can slip into a peaceful night's slumber before the next day's exhilarating activities.
You won't have to travel far to experience the "Mayberryesque" quality of life in the midwestern town of Jefferson, Iowa - a perfect small-town getaway for families. Walk to Raccoon Valley Bike Trail, only 5 minutes away, and bike, jog or stroll while you take in the picturesque scenery.
Walk to town, only 10 minutes away, and eat doughnuts at Bunkers Dunkers Bakery or try the menu at Casa De Oro. Taste the produce at Greene County Farmer's Market or pick apples at Deal's Apple Orchard.
Roll the dice at the new Wild Rose Casino or take a day trip to walk the campus of Iowa State University, only 45 minutes away. Head to Des Moines, just 70 minutes away, where you can shop til you drop or dine at casual eateries and upscale restaurants.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen complete with a dishwasher and coffee maker, in-unit laundry machines, flat-screen TV, DVD player, off-street parking, central air-conditioning and more
- This charming historic home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- Ideal location boasting easy access to hiking, biking, apple orchards, farmers markets, restaurants, shopping, casinos and much much more!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Des Moines International Airport - 5800 Fleur Dr, Des Moines, IA 50321 (~70 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in