About the property
- Condo1277 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
2 bedroom 2 bathroom, sleeps 7
While sunbathing on a private patio, you can watch your toddlers at the state-of-the-art playground (safety engineered, with foam-cushioned flooring), wave to your teens on the basketball or volleyball courts beyond, or take pictures of surfers riding the ocean waves or fishermen on the pier. With no boardwalk, your patio practically touches the sand, yet sits comfortably away from the activity. All you hear outside are the sweet sounds of the ocean waters. Sand toys, umbrellas, beach towels, beach chairs, and even boogie boards are available for your use.
The pool and Jacuzzi are inviting for all ages. Casual restaurants in walking distance, include Barrels, within the building, and Sea180 fine dining at the South Pier Hotel, one block away.
Kitchen is fully stocked. Make use of outdoor BBQ grills (gas), and work out in the exercise gym. Try taking a seven mile walk along an undeveloped beach to the historic Hotel Del Coronado, or rent bikes at Lowes Resort to tour the mansions along the way.
But best of all, you can simply lay around and count on one of the best sunsets you've ever seen, day after day.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 27, 2018
I am a Clinical Psychologist, UCLA trained, living and practicing in San Diego since 1982. I have enjoyed the opportunity to meet so many interesting people from all over the world, as a host and also as a traveler. I have lectured in South Africa, recruited students in India, climbed Machu Pichu, been lost in the Honduran jungles, sailed in Costa RIca, and partied in Spain, Italy and France. It's always fascinating to see how the people live and to share experiences. But there is nothing quite as peaceful as waking up to see the surfers, and then sipping coffee or tea from the private patio of my beachfront condo. My favorite thing to do is walk on the sand 1 1/2 miles to Loews resort, rent bikes to the Hotel Del for lunch and shopping before coming back in time for a beautiful sunset right on the patio. Though the kitchen if fully stocked, I enjoy the convenience of ordering from the restaurant downstairs in the building. They often have live entertainment there, or in the Sea180 restaurant in the Marriott Hotel across the park.
Rochelle purchased this Condo in 1995
Why Rochelle chose Imperial Beach
Imperial Beach was such a well-kept secret that I had never been here until I a neighbor enticed me to see this unit. At the time, IB was a sleepy little town, but since there is only so much Classic California beachfront property, I instantly knew that it was just a matter of time until it grew. The Mission Statement of IB is: To maintain and enhance Imperial Beach as "Classic Southern California"; a beach-oriented community with a safe, small town, family atmosphere, rich in natural and cultural resources.
What makes this Condo unique
There is much to see and do in Imperial Beach from swimming or surfing at the beach, to a walking tour of public art, to a nature walk and bird watching experience at the world-renowned Tijuana Estuary or to simply relax and enjoy spectacular sunsets. It is the most southwesterly city in the continental United States, flanked by the Pacific Ocean and South San Diego Bay, and nestled between miles of uncrowded beaches, big surf and unparalleled open space and wetlands teeming with wildlife. This town is one of the last untouched beach towns in Southern California, where you can actually still find whole sea shells along the beach.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Perfect location for kids!
We just spent a week at this condo with our four kids and it's fantastic. The proximity to the beach and playground cannot be matched. It was immaculate upon arrival with most everything you could want for the beach. The commute to the local attractions is very reasonable, anywhere between 20 mins and 45 mins. The property manager was efficient and very responsive to any questions and requests. Would love to stay here again.
We loved our stay and would love to stay again!!
Very comfortable nice quiet place to stay. Loved that it was right on the beach. Will be back!
Great, beautiful condo + poor, poor service=ruined vacation
The condo deserves 4 stars: it was beautiful! Why 1 star?
1. Beautifully decorated condo, very functional, updated since the pictures shown
2. Nothing beats morning coffee on the patio! Beautiful!
3. Fully-loaded kitchen--it has EVERYTHING you need except your groceries. The condo also has a few games, lots of beach toys, etc., enough towels.Very well equipped, as promised
4. Close to attractions/tourist spots/restaurants
1. The manager failed to contact or give code/key. Yep, you heard me. We actually thought this condo was a scam! It was a MERE 4 HOURS AFTER check-in that she finally call us!!! And that was after we had sent 5 frantic e-mails in the last 24 hrs, even going on vrbo & trying to book the condo again to get her to call! Then, she had the nerve to ask us if we were able to cancel the hotel we had booked ourselves into & still come that night! The fact that this even happened is UNACCEPTABLE! Reason for no call: she was busy & forgot. REALLY?
2. She failed to contact us & tell us that pool & hot tub were under maintenance/unavailable. When we confronted her, she acted as if she hadn't really known before. Unfortunately, we went to ALL lengths to contact her & with the thought of being scammed, we had researched EVERY property in the complex in the last 2 days. Other owners/managers had posted since the beg. of March about the closure--& she had even updated the description for the condo a few days prior! Again, this is unacceptable! AT OUR suggestion, we were reimbursed a minimal amount for this. However, had we known, we would have moved our booking to a later date when the pool was open for use. This was a HUGE part of our vacations, & it kinda ruined it for us. Very dishonest & poor form.
3. Not sure what the housekeeping fee is for--maybe just for the bathrooms and showers, as they were very clean. But the bed sheets actually had nail-clippings & well...other stains on it. EW! So upon arrival, we had to clean all the sheets. Before doing that, I also had to transfer laundry (cleaning/towels)from the washer to the dryer, & put those away. Shouldn't that be done for me if I am paying a housecleaning fee? The kitchen dishes all had dried on food--as if they went through a dishwasher with no soap, but food scraps as detergent. Or maybe they hadn't been cleaned at all. And while the main areas were vacuumed, all along the edges of the condo & table base was full of crumbs/debris. EW!
Lesson learned: Don’t mix friendship with your business managers! Apparently, I placed too much confidence in the daughter of a family friend, as I have never had ANY of my renters so dissatisfied. The pool closure was unexpected, and I was recovering from a surgery during Jeff’s stay, but I went back through my messages and the cleaning dates on my records to find that my young manager failed to utilize my normal cleaning staff (keeping the fee and hurriedly cleaning it herself). She had acknowledged receipt of my written directive to notify renters in advance of the temporary pool closure, and to offer appropriate compensations, but she failed to follow through. My normal staff cleans like a car detailer, and I was so disappointed in my judgment with this young manager. She may have been in crises, but she should have informed me of the problem with the keys and been honest with me about all of this before I saw it in my reviews! I felt awful about what Jeff and his family experienced and I offered them an opportunity to come back at no charge. They said they really liked the place itself, and are considering this offer. Future renters will be able to reach me directly. Now that the pool and jacuzzi are back in operation, and this unit is under close watch by NEW MANAGEMENT, I am certain that these problems will not occur again.
Fantastic location and views
We had a great time here and would definitely stay here again if we are staying in Imperial Beach.
Our first time staying in Imperial Beach. Great for what we wanted which was just to kick back and relax. It is a small area with limited but quality choices within quick walking distance. If you are looking for excitement, probably not the place for you. If you are looking for nice relaxing time with the family then give it a try. We drove to the USS Midway Museum in San Diego via 75 along the Silver Strand State Beach which is a direct shot to Coronado. It was only a 20 minute drive or so to the museum and downtown SD.
My view of the condo:
Enjoyed our stay here and will consider it again for a future rental. Furnishings were fine four our family of four including two teenagers. Kids in the room with two twin daybed style beds. Master BR had a comfy king bed. We are not nitpickers with our bedding. Master BR was large with separate shower and nice tub and two sink vanity and toilet in its own little room. Guest bath was large, two sinks and combo shower/tub. Kitchen not huge but plenty for our needs. Stainless appliances. Flat TVs in both bedrooms which we didn't use. Flat LCD Samsung TV in great room. Dining area with seating for four at table and two at counter. Plenty of spare bedding material to curl up with in living area with two couches, recliner and convenient side tables. The condo is older and the decor may be dated for some. We don't usually care as long as everything is clean which it was.
1. Basically right on the beach and overlooking the public park.
2. These condos adjoin Barrels restaurant which we enjoyed a couple of times and only a block or two to other eating establishments. Our favorite was Coronado Brewing Company brewpub (nice happy hour food and drink deals from 2-6) just a block or so away. Market and liquor store are also very close.
3. Huge patio area with lots of furniture.
Could use improvement:
1. A decor update would improve the unit for those expecting the latest styles and trends.
2. The latches that keep the little screen trapdoors closed that provide access to opening/closing the windows are all broken with age.
3. No leftover spices. Removed with each visit? We purchased salt/pepper and ketchup.
4. Arrival/departure instructions could be better. Wasn't quite sure what to do with keys on the way out.
5. No signal with AT&T in unit.
For us, the minor negatives are far outweighed by the positives.
This place was perfect for us. The sound of the waves each morning and evening, a constant reminder of being on vacation. The place was very clean in spite of much of the decor being older. Beds were comfortable and there were plenty of blanket/pillow combinations. Some of the furniture is new since the pictures were take. The pool was super easy access and the grounds are impeccably kept. The park was active, but only during the daytime - lots of family and community type activity. Quiet at night. There are dining options within walking distance and some smaller convenience type stores, as well as the pier. This location is exactly what you'd expect a small beach town to be. Views were spectacular. A great place for people who like to contemplate, read, dine and drink outside and are looking to truly get away from the hustle and bustle of the workaday world.
San Diego Vacation
We have stayed at a few other VRBO since there are 5 in our family & we often travel with 2 other relatives. The kitchen makes it easy & less expensive by allowing us to cook a few meals at the condo. It would be nice to have a cookie sheet or foil for baking pizza or cookies. It was very nice having assigned parking spaces. We had a rough first night which was sort of my fault...we got in late & I assumed the air was just taking a while to cool down but it wasn't working so we had a very warm night & I was a bit worried since the next day was Sunday but they came out & got it cool for us...on a Sunday! The owner/manager were very apologetic about our first night issue & got it fixed ASAP. The beach is well patrolled & the area is nice, clean & quiet. We felt very safe. A suggestion would be a detailed email about keys, garage, elevator, places to get groceries, wifi directions, favorite restaurants (skip Carrows by the way), things to do near by, things to do upon leaving...
We visited the San Diego Zoo & Seaworld...both were awesome! My absolute favorite adventure was to explore the La Jolla Beach area...we found it by accident & all enjoyed climbing the rocks/cliffs. It is well worth the drive. The little park right outside the condo is great for smaller children. We enjoyed watching the kids & surfers off the back patio each morning. It is cool when the sun goes down so bring a jacket.
15 miles to the World Famous San Diego Zoo,
17 miles to San Diego International Airport,
20 miles to Sea World.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Guests may cancel up to 2 weeks prior to the scheduled stay for a full refund.