Split Pine Cabin, a newly remodeled and updated 4 bedroom & 3 bath home, is an amazing retreat situated atop a hill overlooking an expansive valley with a porch for relaxing, dining, and wild-life viewing, and a dark night sky for star gazing. The house is large and roomy and fully stocked with all the necessities of home, including a fully operational kitchen for entertaining large groups.
Enjoy the many opportunities to relax:
• In the warm months:
o Relax on the outdoor porches taking in the sun during the day and viewing the impressive stars at night.
o Take advantage of our fully stocked kitchen (sharp knives and lots of cooking tools) or outdoor gas grill to cook a special meal to enjoy in the covered patio dining area with dimmer lights to set the mood.
o Observe the wild life such as deer around the property and hope for a quick afternoon rain to view the rainbows over the field in front of the house.
• In the cold months:
o Relax by the fireplace and cozy couches downstairs or by enjoying the flat screen television with cable and DVD player upstairs.
o In the evening, take a soak in the large bathtub in the master bathroom. Or let the tension slip away by taking a shower in our master shower with dual shower heads. Don't forget the hot springs - a quick 5 minute drive away.
This 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home is large and roomy and fully stocked with all the necessities of home. Our comfortable beds (sleeps 12) include two king size beds, a queen bed, and a big room with a queen bed, 2 single beds, and a bunk bed. We have a few sleeping mats and couches if there are more people in your group. We provide all linens and towels, with additional soft blankets for cuddling up on the leather couches.
This is the perfect home for a large extended family or several families. Kid and pet friendly. First floor is wheelchair accessible.
We have updated our home in December 2012 including hardwood floors throughout, tiled entrance and kitchen, fresh paint, and new furnishings. Other amenities include:
• Wireless internet
• Energy-efficient front-loading washer with dryer
• Remote smart thermostat so we can warm the house before your arrival in the cold season
• Whole house fan to cool the house in the warm season
• Gas BBQ for grilling
• Solar panels installed in 2015, with LED lights throughout
In the Surrounding Area
Around the corner, out of view of the cabin, sits downtown Pagosa Springs. There are many ways to enjoy Pagosa:
• The hot springs, river, numerous nearby town parks, quaint downtown shopping, as well as the bars and restaurants, are all within walking or biking distance from the cabin.
• It is easy to go to and from the music festivals and other events that Pagosa Springs hosts.
• Wolf Creek Ski resort is 20 miles away.
• The entire southern Colorado region offers a variety of wilderness areas to explore and have fun in including hiking, fishing, rafting, hunting, golfing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, horseback riding, and other recreational activities.
• We have a House Guide book that we have put together with information regarding all of the places to visit, explore, and enjoy in the area.
Split Pine Cabin is private and quiet, with a dark sky for star gazing, and a large front porch for enjoying the surrounding view. Plan your escape now!