Fly Fishing. Skiing. Family Retreat.(24 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 bedrooms + family room (Sleeps 9-10) with 3 full baths and incredible viewss
Perfectly situated between Big Sky Ski Resort and Bridger Bowl (40 minutes to each), 1 hour from Livingston and the Paradise Valley, and 1.5 hours from West Yellowstone or Gardiner, the western and northern gates to Yellowstone National Park.
The property features a 4 bedroom, 3 bath home, fully furnished and equipped; a stocked trout pond immediately outside the home; and ¼ mile frontage on the Gallatin River, one of Montana’s renowned fly fishing rivers. Caretakers live on the property and are available for guidance and assistance, as well as maintenance. While close to the Gallatin Highway, the home and property afford incredible privacy, beauty, peace and quiet.
• Private and quiet, with views of the pond, 85+ year old barn, Gallatin River, and the Spanish Peaks of the Gallatin Range of the Rockies. Abundant wildlife.
• Sleeps up to 10
• 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths (one master bedroom with king; one bedroom with queen; one bunk room with double bed on bottom; twin on top and twin trundle bed; one family room with queen pull out couch, 2 twin futons and a queen airbed). Linens provided.
• Stone fireplace with firewood provided
• Full kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, 2 refrigerators (one downstairs), fully equipped
• Gas BBQ Grill
• Eating areas indoors and on outside decks
• Phone service, wireless internet access, flat screen TV with satellite connection; CD player and Ipod dock
• Double paned windows and baseboard heating throughout
• Mudroom for flyfishing and ski equipment
• Decks and covered porch
• 75 acres with private access from Gallatin Highway
• ¼ mile river frontage on the Gallatin River; trout pond; meadows, springs, row boat for pond, easy access for fly fishing
• 85+ year old barn
• Outdoor fire pit for evening camp fires, weather and drought conditions permitting
• Caretaker family living on property for guidance, concierge services, help and maintenance
• Views of the foothills and Spanish peaks beyond the pond and river
• Winter cross country skiing out the door
• Wildlife seen from the windows of the house include: many varieties of ducks, geese, Great Blue Heron, Bald Eagles, Sandhill Cranes, and other birds, deer, fox, beaver and the very occasional moose and bear
• 12 miles and 20 minutes from Bozeman with access to all shopping needs, The Museum of the Rockies and local restaurants, bars, cultural events and movie theaters. Bozeman is a town of 37,000, home of Montana State University (10,000 students) and is the center of the Gallatin Valley.
• 20 minutes from the Gallatin Valley airport with easy rental cars; pickup can be arranged with property caretakers.
• ½ mile from The Gallatin Gateway Inn (hotel and restaurant) and the small community of Gallatin Gateway (get your bison burger fix at the locally popular Stacey’s Grill!)
• 40 minutes from Big Sky Ski Resort, Lone Mountain Ranch (a Nordic ski resort and summer dude ranch) and Bridger Bowl
• 1 ½ hours from the western and northern entrances to Yellowstone National Park
• 1 ½ hours to Virginia City (the original state capital of Montana, restored to its 1800’s condition)
• Floating on the Gallatin and Madison Rivers
• 1 hour from Three Forks, Montana, the site of Lewis and Clark’s camp at the convergence of the Gallatin, Jefferson and Missouri Rivers; and the Madison Buffalo Jump (a Shoshone site for buffalo hunting)
• Easy driving distance to dozens of trailheads for day hikes and backpacking in the Lee Metcalf Wilderness Area/Spanish Peaks, Gallatin Canyon, Hyalite Canyon and other areas
• Winter access to cross country ski trails
• Fly fishing river guides on adjacent property and available through local contacts
Caretakers live on the property and are available for consultation, guiding, airport pickup and dropoff, concierge services and maintenance. Arrange for the house to be stocked with groceries and other necessities prior to your arrival if desired. They will also make arrangements for fly fishing guiding, float trips and instruction in advance of arrival.
Member since: 2012
- 2700 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 10
- Children Welcome:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- The Master bedroom features the following: a walk-in closet with built-in dressers, king bed, deck with views of the pond and river, attached master bath (also the bath for the main floor) with shower and bathtub with jacuzzi and steam. Bedroom 2 is downstairs with attached bath and walk-in closet with built-in dresser and a view of the pond. Bedroom 3 has a bunk bed (double on the bottom, twin on top) and built-in closet and dresser space. Bedroom 4 is a family room with sleeper sofa and stored futons. All bedrooms have views of the pond and meadow beyond....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Master bath has full tub with jets and steam bath; a separate shower; ceramic tiles and wooden cabinets. The other two bathrooms are downstairs. Bathroom 3 is shared with Bedrooms 3 and 4. Bathroom 2 is attached to Bedroom 2. Downstairs baths have linoleum floors and wooden cabinets; full tub/shower combination in each....moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - May 15
2 night min stay
Jun 1 - Sep 15
2 night min stay
Dec 20 - Jan 2
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee $100
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning fees vary by number & season. Max $300
- Tax Rate 7%
All renters must be accompanied by at least one person 25 years or older on premises.
Cleaning fees vary depending on season and number of guests.
Pet policy: pets will be considered on individual basis, with additional fee of $100 for each pet. Renters will be responsible for any and all damage.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1990
About: This property has been owned by our family as a retreat for 25 years. Originally Chicagoans, we now live on both coasts. The second generation of our family now owns the ranch and is offering it as a vacation rental. The caretakers have lived on the property for 16 years and are available for guide services in the area, as well as any other needs.
Why Gallatin Gateway, MT, USA:
The Bold Fisherman Ranch was originally bought as a fly fishing retreat, but it quickly became a family gathering place given the beauty and serenity of the property. When you can pull yourself away, the ranch is in close proximity to the area's wonders, including the Gallatin River, the Spanish Peaks, Big Sky, Bridger and Yellowstone National Park. Twenty minutes from Bozeman, it offers a perfect combination of easy access to shopping and amenities with privacy and the feeling of a rural retreat. The trout pond and river access make it a rare property for both fly fishing afficianados and lovers of Montana beauty.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Traveling down the drive from Gallatin Highway, one enters the ranch and quiet and beauty descend. The views from the house include the fishing pond, an 85+ year old barn, expansive meadows bordered by the Gallatin River, and the Spanish Peaks in the background. Wildlife abounds, and the sky changes constantly: as beautiful on clear days as when clouds roll across the sky. We frequently see deer, fox, bald eagles, herons, ducks, sandhill cranes and more from the house. We never tire of the views and the sound of the river flowing through the bottom of the meadow, whether gathering by the stone fireplace in winter, or hanging out on the expansive deck in summer.
The house from the bottom of the pond
Living Room looking towards dining area and kitchen
View of barn and house beyond from lower meadow (pond is out of photo to right)
Queen bed room with on suite full bath and walk in closet.
Bonus room. Queen pull out couch, desk/ office space and television.
Gas range, toaster, toaster oven, coffee grinder & brewer
View of Spanish Peaks from the deck
House view from meadow
View from Dining Area to deck
View from Living Room window
Master Bedroom. King bed, walk in closet and on suite bath with jacuzzi tub.
Master bed showing private deck.
Twin bed on top, double below and twin pull out trundle bed under. Two closets
Hearth in main level sitting area
View of the Spanish Peaks from the house on a stormy winter day
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.