Experience the vacation of a lifetime at 'Wild Wind,' a true sportsman's paradise with a 450-foot pier extending over Lake Pontchartrain! Boasting 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in 2,000 square feet of comfortable living space, this West Indies style home has accommodations for 6, plenty of room for entertainment, and is located just 25 minutes from New Orleans, ensuring a memorable getaway for you and your loved ones!
The moment you arrive at the unique home, right on the shores of Lake Pontchartrain, you'll know you made the right decision for your Louisiana escape. For those who simply like to relax and enjoy gorgeous sunsets from one of the best views in Louisiana, you'll find the perfect place to kick back on the large covered gazebo, which extends from the rear of the home and overlooks the pristine sparkling lake. At the end of the 450-foot pier, you'll tables, chairs, hammocks and an open fishing deck, designed with four 1,000 candle power sportsman's fishing lights.
For the sportsman who really wants to vacation while catching a few fish and crabs, the home provides everything you need, including a fishing tackle, crab traps, boiling pots, as well as propane tanks. For the serious fisherman that prefers to bring their own boat and experience the great fishing of Lake Pontchartrain, Lake Borgne and Lake Catherine (all within minutes of the home), the property provides a covered boathouse with an electric lift. There is also a boat launch within minutes of the house!
Built utilizing the latest technology and modern design, this home ensures quality amenities and accommodations for the ultimate home-away-from-home experience. Inside, hardwood floors run throughout the home, and ocean-themed decor, including ship-shaped chandeliers, marine pictures, and the blue color scheme, constantly reminds you where you are. The large kitchen area is fully equipped with a six burner gas range and all of the modern appliances for the gourmet cook in your group! Enjoy the convenience of a full-sized washer and dryer, 4 cable TVs, and wireless internet access, and relax in the comfort of the plush couches and comfortable beds.
Whether you're inside or outside, the views from this home are absolutely spectacular. The home is designed for complete privacy with no close properties on either side. Throughout the home, large windows offer beautiful unobstructed lake views from every room. Looking out over the lake, only the skyline of New Orleans is visible, promising a gorgeous sight on a clear night.
Slidell is a friendly community offering many points of interest for any vacationer. For the laid-back traveler, enjoy touring two great city parks: John Slidell and Heritage Park, both unique and offering a true feeling of Louisiana's natural beauty. Within minutes of the home, sample the Cajun cuisine and fresh seafood at an array of restaurants. Carve out some time to spend walking the "Old Town District" of Slidell, with its many antique stores and unique architecture. For movie buffs, the Grand 16-Slidell offers the latest releases in movie entertainment, while adventure seekers will enjoy the "Swamp Tour," a boat trip that takes you throughout the Louisiana bayous to see the wildlife and beauty that resides there. The outdoor enthusiast won't want to miss the "Rail to Trail" Tammany Trace, a 31-mile walking and riding trail displaying some of Louisiana's beauty at its finest. For more entertainment, 'Wild Wind' is just a short drive across Lake Pontchartrain to downtown New Orleans, Harrah's Casino, New Orleans Convention Center, and the famed French Quarter. The home is also conveniently located within an easy 40-minute drive from the scenic beaches and spectacular nightlife of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Whether you're seeking outdoor adventure or pure relaxation, you're sure to have an unforgettable getaway at 'Wild Wind' vacation rental house!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, 450-foot pier, gazebos with patio furniture, 2 children's life jackets, propane seafood boiling pots, Weber propane BBQ Grill and "Green Egg" charcoal grill, in-unit laundry machines, 4 Smart cable TVs, wireless internet access, and more
- Dock your boat (20 feet max) at the covered boathouse with an electric lift!
- Utilize the fishing and crabbing gear, including fishing tackle, crab traps, boiling pots, and propane tanks!
- Great location - Easy access to John Slidell and Heritage Parks, "Old Town District," Grand 16-Slidell movie theater, Louisiana bayous, "Rail to Trail" Tammany Trace, New Orleans, Harrah's Casino, New Orleans Convention Center, the famed French Quarter, Mississippi Gulf Coast, restaurants, and much more!
- Master Bedroom: King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3: Twin-over-Twin Bunk Bed
- No smoking
- Dog-friendly (no cats, maximum 2 dogs, no fee required)
- No parties or events. Small family gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in