About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay0 - 7 nights
5 Bdrm/4.5 Bath Sleeps 13-OCEAN FRONT WITH PRIVATE POOL AND ELEVATOR!!!
Oceanfront 5 BR, 4 1/2 Bath new construction home with swimming pool and elevator! Unbelievable ocean front views!! Close attention paid to detail, extra large family room with 50" HD TV. Private pool located on the ocean side of the home, 1 outside shower, extra large kitchen with ocean front dinning, double oven, large eating bar, dining table seats 8, elevator. 3 master suits, 2 are ocean front, and 2 have tile showers. Home has 2 Kings, 1Q, 1D & 1 Single, and 2 sets of bunk beds. TV in every bedroom. House is located behind Oak Island putt putt/ arcade on the Ocean Front. Ocean side view covered porches, double deck on ocean side, wireless high speed internet, and much, much, more. Enjoy a cold beverage and the company of friends and family, while the kids enjoy a dip in the pool. Make your reservation today.
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 20, 2018
Great location and nice home
This home is a great size for a couple families to enjoy a great time at the beach. The private pool is not heated during the non-summer months. The microwave did not work during our stay, which did inhibit some cooking and popping of popcorn, but we made due (but seems like this should be working with the price of this place). Rooms and beds were fine. We found the place clean and ready to use. Would definitely rent this place again.
Raven's Nest is a dirty house that unfortunately poorly managed
We all realize these beach homes have a quick cleaning turnarounds every Saturday during the peak summer season, and sometimes things are missed, and then sometimes you have the unfortunate experience of having to the management firm who had little to no interest in properly addressing my family's terrible experience.
1. I was sent a text as planned notifying me the house was "ready".
2. We arrived to a filthy house. By example, there was a swept up pile of dirt on the floor just off the kitchen. Under every chair and table in and around the kitchen where bits of food and dirt. The front of the refrigerator was so dirty you didn't want to touch it. Inside the refrigerator was everything from bits of food, to hair.
3. None of the carpets had been vacuumed.
4. Bathroom floors had "balls" of hair. Each toilet had the sanitary strap over the seat but none of them had been cleaned.
5. None of the bathroom sinks drain properly. After shaving there would be pile of water sitting on a slow drain for ~10 minutes leaving a ring of dirt that you then have to clean.
6. Every bedroom headboard, night stand and table with TV had a layer of visible dust that you could wipe with your hand.
7. Master bathroom shower had a layer of mold.
After calling the management firm and having them send back the cleaning crew two more times we had to finally get on with our vacation. I asked the management firm to have a manager call me the following day (Sunday), no call. I called mid-day on Monday and clearly they forgot about my request. I asked to speak to a manager at which time they informed me they were busy and would call me the following day. I stayed on the line and insisted to speak with a manager. The owner of the management firm got on the phone and had no interest in addressing my concerns. He stated "the contract" allows for situations like this and since they sent the cleaning crew back out to the house they did their part.
Raven's Nest is a home built in a perfect location and has an wonderful floor plan to accommodate a large family. I was sorely disappointed with the management firm who did less than the minimum to ensure I arrived to a clean house. Nowhere in "the contract" does it say I have to endure three house cleaning attempts and then move into a marginally cleaned house.