This is a one-bedroom, one-bathroom English basement with a kitchen equipped with the basics for cooking & eating in, has full-sized appliances, including a full-sized washer and dryer. With a queen-sized pull out sofa in the living room, it can accommodate up to 4 people.
The space underwent a full renovation in 2011 and is elegantly decorated in a mid-century modern style. You enter into the living/dining area, which includes a desk in the alcove area under the window. The kitchen is just on the other side of a half-wall, making for an open, inviting living area.
The property is located a half-block off of Lincoln Park, the heart of this section of Capitol Hill. We are a beautiful, family-friendly neighborhood that is centrally located between the lively nightlife of H St, the delicious fresh food & local wares sold at Eastern Market, and the historic presence of the Capitol Building, Library of Congress, and the Supreme Court.
Transit options include:
- Bus lines just a block away in either direction
- 2 metro stations covering 4 metro lines: Eastern Market (blue/orange/silver lines) is a 12-minute walk and Union Station (red line) is a 20-minute walk away.
- A Capitol Bikeshare station 2 blocks away
- Car2Go smart cars are generally available
- Cabs, of course, are also always an option
Get a taste of DC living while staying in this inviting, historic neighborhood!