Come relax and enjoy our home in family friendly Popponesset ... the perfect spot for your family summer vacation. Let our home become your Cape home away from home.
A quick 5 minute walk will take you to our private community beach (approx. 300-400 yards away) where you will enjoy the warm ocean water of the Nantucket Sound, kayak and paddle board in Popponesset Bay or search for critters along The Spit. Wedding or special event at the Popponesset Inn? We are less than 1 mile from the Inn and the Marketplace.
Our home offers 3 spacious bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms. The two upstairs guest bedrooms each have their own en suite bathroom with shower. The oversized master suite, with king size bed, may also be used as an additional 4th bedroom having a daybed and trundle located in the sitting area. The downstairs bedroom has a full/twin bunk bed - great for the kids! A newly remodeled bathroom with a tub/shower combo is located in the hall nearby.
There are two separate family/living areas where you can relax and watch TV, read or play family games. The kitchen is fully applianced with a dishwasher and double over gas range and has a large open seating area for up to 8 people. Direct access from the Kitchen/Dining Area brings you to the backyard patio with lounge furniture, picnic table, gas grill and outdoor shower.
Our Community Center (1/2 block away) offers daily morning and evening activities for all ages in the summer season. Children can walk or bike to the ball field, playground or Dean's Pond where they can learn to fish or feed the ducks.
Take a short drive, bike ride or walk to the charming Popponesset Marketplace (approx. 3/4 mile) featuring a general store, ice cream shop, candy store, pizza parlor, miniature golf, children's activities, award winning lobster rolls, raw bar and specialty boutiques. Live entertainment is provided Thurs-Sun each week in the summer. Grab a drink at the gazebo while the kids dance to the music!
Still looking for more to do?
Travel 3 miles by car to Mashpee Commons which features 90+ shops, a movie theater, bowling alley, concerts, family entertainment and numerous restaurants or visit the Cape Cod Children's Museum (1 mile away).
Attend a local Cape Cod Baseball League game and watch the 16 time champion Cotuit Kettleers. A great family outing!
A visit to Martha's Vineyard and/or Nantucket is a quick ferry ride from nearby Falmouth and Hyannis, or enjoy the Aquarium, Oceanographic Institute and waterfront restaurants in Woods Hole.
* 3 Bedrooms, 3 Full Bathrooms & Outdoor Shower.
* Spacious Master Bedroom Suite featuring a king size bed, separate sitting area with twin daybed & trundle, TV and en suite bathroom with double sink and AC unit.
* Bedroom #2 - Queen bed with en suite bathroom & TV.
* Bedroom #3 - Full/twin bunk bed
* Newly remodeled downstairs bathroom with tub/shower combo
* Fully applianced kitchen w/ dishwasher, double oven gas stove, microwave, coffee maker & toaster.
* Eat in Dining Area seats 8
* Two separate Living/Family Areas
* Outdoor patio area with lounge furniture & gas grill
* Washer & Dryer (detergent included)
* Ceiling fans in every room (the house has a very nice cross breeze when the windows are open and is quite cool even during the hottest days of the summer). Master bedroom suite has an AC unit.
* Bed linens provided. Guests will need to bring their own bath & beach towels.
* WIFI, Cable TV. Master bedroom and guest suite each have their own TV in addition to a 50'' TV in main living area.
* Basic Household Supplies Provided - TP, Paper Towels, Paper Products (plates, napkins), Soap, Dish & Laundry Detergent.
* Beach Accessories - Beach Cart, Chairs, Umbrella, Cooler, Boogie Boards & Sand Toys.
* Outdoor yard games, art supplies, board games, toys, etc.