Retreat to your own personal haven that is the 1-bedroom condominium at The Pointe. This unit spans across 700+ square feet, giving you plenty of space to stretch out and relax in luxury. Entering through a foyer into the 1-bedroom condominium, you’ll be greeted by a stainless steel kitchen, equipped with everything needed to whip up a meal, or cocktail, and converse around the kitchen island made with glistening recycled glass. The floor plan flows nicely into the open living room, with a flat screen television and beachy chic décor. Off the living room, you’ll be met with modern farm doors leading you into the bedroom, with a queen or king size bed and natural light peeking through the windows. Entering the bathroom, you’ll find dual sinks, separate water closet, and shower. Some 1-bedrooms also include a separate bathtub. Each 1-bedroom comes with washer and dryer, so you can feel productive while doing some poolside lounging, and a balcony or patio, for extra relaxation between your daily excursions. Carefully curated for those who enjoy the finer things in life, guests of The Pointe will enjoy not-so-standard, highly sought-after amenities. What’s more, the property is ideally situated within walking distance to Rosemary Beach and Alys Beach, directly across the street from shops and restaurants at 30Avenue, and a short bike or tram ride to the beach. It’s hard to leave when so much is at your fingertips, and The Pointe provides just that, spoiling guests with luxurious amenities. • Enjoy the beautiful beaches of South Walton with beach service that takes you to and from the beach, and has beach chairs and umbrellas ready for you upon arrival (seasonal). • Discovering the area is best done on bicycle, giving you access to hidden gems otherwise not seen via automobile. The Pointe provides complimentary bicycles for you to explore. • A 61,000+ gallon resort-style pool sits at the center of the resort, beckoning you to dip or hang poolside in a beach chair, cabana, hot tub or alongside the fire pit. • Providing additional shade, the La Cava lounge is a covered outdoor living room equipped with flat screen televisions so you can catch a game while taking a break from the pool. • Escape to the rooftop sanctuary with your favorite beverage. Arguably the best place to catch a sunset in South Walton, the rooftop provides ample area to relax, with flat screen televisions, outdoor sitting area with fire pit, and panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico and Scenic Highway 30A. • The Pure fitness center boasts top-notch gym equipment to stay plugged into your regime while visiting. • Coming Spring 2017, Big Bad Breakfast, a breakfast and lunch spot located poolside, will delight your taste buds with local, fresh food. • Coming soon, the St. John Sundries Shop will offer vacation getaway must-haves for purchase.
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, Sleeps 2
ResortQuest by Wyndham
- Calendar last updated:
- Dec 19, 2018
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Poorly maintained unit and non existent customer service
There were so many things wrong with this experience.
- There were no check in instructions provided. I downloaded the app as instructed but all it provided was an address.
- Staff called around 4 pm to find out when we would arrive. I told them we would not arrive before 9 and they hung up. I presumed that meant someone would be there to greet us when we arrived since we weren't given any check in instructions.
- When we arrived closer to 10, the front desk was closed. I tried to call and the phone was not answered. Finally a very nice security guard came out and gave us codes for the two door locks.
- The lock on the outer door did not work. I had to call the security guard to the room to let us in. The outer door remained unlocked for the rest of the stay because the lock was broken. Then the code I was given to the unit door - the inner door - was wrong. I had to wait for the guard to find the right code.
- There was a huge cockroach waiting for us in the bedroom.
- There is a large water leak over the sliding glass door. The wall is peeling apart, the curtain is water stained, and there were paint and drywall pieces on the floor.
- The unit advertises two beach chairs and an umbrella as well as bikes. The woman who gave us bikes was very helpful and told us to just go to the beach where someone would be to give us chairs. All the chairs were locked up and no one was there. No one was working the beach apparently. We finally just sat down in two chairs that appeared empty and no one ever checked to see if we were actually staying at this property.
- The drain popup in the left sink was not properly installed. The water wouldn't drain.
- The HVAC vent in the master bedroom is right over the head of the bed and blows cold wind onto your face all night long.
- The TV did not have HD!
On a positive note, the kitchen was very organized, the unit was very clean (other than the water damage which in my opinion was bad enough to take the unit off the market until repaired), the bikes were great, and the pool was very nice. But the staff was non existent - even after leaving us hanging on our late check in the staff didn't reach out, we never heard from them at all - and the unit was subpar quality vs. what was advertised. I provided this same review to the rental agency a month ago and got no response...but they keep sending me marketing email!! I do not recommend.
Kris, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Pointe. Your comments have been sent to the property so we may address your concerns. We are committed to making sure our guests have positive beach memories for years to come, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
Rates shown above do not include taxes and fees