Welcome to Sundog Retreat, an award-winning wilderness property near the Yukon’s capital city of Whitehorse. Experience the northern lights from a private comfortable cabin, surrounded by nearby trails, wildlife viewing and as many activities as suit you.
Why Choose Us:
* 3 x more likely to see aurora as in a downtown hotel
* adventures for every kind of traveller and all ages
* north of city lights (the aurora shine in the north!)
* roomy private cottage instead of small hotel room
* cottages have well-equipped kitchen and bathroom
* we’ll make you feel welcome… just ask our past guests.
Per-person rate includes:
* premium, private accommodations
* airport transfers including grocery store stop
* 3 hour city tour
* on-site northern lights viewing including campfire and snacks
Our award-winning 65-hectare property is away from the downtown light pollution, which means dark starry skies just waiting for the northern lights to begin their dance! We even have comfortable, heated buildings with large windows designed specifically for aurora borealis viewing.
During the day, our wide open spaces and the wildlife viewing that can happen right from your private front deck have made our cabins a favourite for photographers. Snowshoes are also available upon request for use during your stay.
Optional add-ons include meals, winter clothing rentals, and many year-round and snow-based day tours.
Per-person rate will be applied to this booking and includes airport transfers, 3-hour city tour, accommodations and on-site northern lights viewing.