Enjoy open-plan living with striking views over the Chiltern Hills and the Town, yet only minutes walk to the centre of Henley. Super-modern finish to a high-spec, with multi-room home audio including garden speakers & BBQ; great for entertaining.
REGATTA only: 12 guests (using flat/ cinema room).
This detached 5-bedroom home offers an entrance hall leading to a self-contained studio-flat/ cinema room, with adjacent utility room and shower room. [note that this area is ONLY accessible during Henley Regatta week end-June, offering a FURTHER 3 beds = 12 in total]
To the first floor is an excellent size open plan kitchen, living and dining room with striking views over Henley-on-Thames. The kitchen is fully fitted to an excellent standard and there is access to the rear garden from the dining area. Dining table seats eight though I can extend table and have extra chairs if you want. Outside table seats eight.
Brand new towels and luxury 400 thread-count Egyptian cotton bedding.
1. Master bedroom (sleeps 2): Luxury super-king bed, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. There is Jack-and-Jill access to the landing.
2. Ensuite bedroom (sleeps 2): Option for 2x single beds or 1x super-King double (let me know your preference)
3. Bedroom (sleeps 3): bunk bed and a truckle (roll out) bed. All full-sized (not kids) mattresses which adults would be comfortable on.
4. Self-contained studio flat/ cinema room (sleeps 3): this is only available during Regatta week and sleeps two on a sofa bed with a further mattress on the floor.
5. Living room (sleeps 2): if you really want to cram people in, there is a comfortable sofa and a mattress which can go on the floor.
The other upstairs bedroom is currently a dressing room and used for storage by the owner and will be locked.
There is off street parking for two cars to the front of the house and an attractive garden to the rear with decking and turf areas.
1. The 4th small bedroom upstairs is locked and used to store things in when I have guests.
2. The studio-flat/ cinema room on the ground floor is ONLY available during Henley Regatta week and offers a further 3 beds (double sofa bed and full sized mattress), making this suitable to sleep 12 in total.
Interaction with guests
I will not be in the house when you are but my au pair will be (outside of Regatta week) - as per the below. He will be able to help with anything you need but you can also call me.
REGATTA week - I will be in the local area to help with anything. Just call me.
Friendly and quiet cul de sac, where there is a cut-through path leading into the town in 7 minutes walk.
1.Parking for two cars on the drive and more outside on the road.
2. Eight minutes walk from Henley train station where you can get trains to/from London
3. 20 minutes/ £15-20 taxi from Reading train station with express trains to London and elsewhere
4. 40 minute taxi ride from Heathrow airport
Other things to note
1. My au-pair lives in the bottom self-contained level of the house and may be around at weekends. If so, he will welcome you in and help with orientation or where to find and operate things etc. He keeps himself to himself but may occasionally be in the main kitchen on level two.
2. Note the configuration of the bedrooms and bed styles. Let me know if you want a king double bed or two singles in the en-suite bedroom.
3. This is not a hotel or serviced apartment...! Just to manage expectations, there are personal effects around the house and non-perishable foodstuffs in the cupboards. You are welcome to use condiments etc.
4. Enjoy yourselves. It's a great house, location and Town.