This vacation home is located in Gladwin MI on Secord Lake. This 2400sq. ft. property is located on the water and provides many activities for families. With 3 bedrooms and a large upstairs loft it offers enough sleeping space for 11+ people. It has plenty of parking, large deck, basketball hoop, fishing poles, rafts, tubes, video games, large selection of DVD's, pool table, ping pong table, wifi,small sandy area along water as well as a lake side fire pit area. We have 3 kayaks and one stand up paddleboard to use. Two docks are located on the property. In addition to sleeping 11 in beds two very large couches can easily accommodate 2 more visitors. There is a very large living/family room that offers an entertainment center with 60 inch television with cable and DVD player. The upstairs loft has 3 beds and is great for kids. Great fishing right off the dock. Boat rentals available through Secord lake marina. A large sunroom facing the lake offers relaxation and a nice view of the lake from the pleasure of staying inside. Home has many things to do if it rains including a family fun Room. Check in typically is 4PM while checkout is no later than 11AM unless otherwise discussed.
Great Vacation Home For Your Large Family Retreat!
- Calendar last updated:
- Jan 9, 2019
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
very nice vacation home
had a great time with fam. owners have made extra effort to make this a fine place to stay. very spacious. lots of activities would recommend a stay again!
Our stay at Tarek's home was fantastic. There was plenty of entertainment and room for our family of 12 to spread out relax and enjoy each others company. For September it was unseasonably warm and we had plenty of use of the kayaks and paddle boards that were included as well as games indoor and out. The owner really has gone out of his way to leave no stone unturned to make your stay pleasant and comfortable.
Such a beautiful home on a perfect lake!
My family and I absolutely loved our stay in Tarik's home! It's a beautiful home that is very well supplied. The yard, fire pit, dock, kayaks and stand up paddle board were huge hits with my sons, and the surprise game room in the garage was awesome! We are hoping to rent again next summer. It was the perfect "up north" summer vacation!
Great family vacation lake cottage with perfect views
My family just returned from a wonderful week at this Secord Lake cottage. Overall we had a great vacation and loved the house. Below are the pros and cons. We will likely rent this property again.
- The view!!! Certainly one of the best locations on Secord Lake/Tittabawassee River. The view from the sunroom and anywhere on the lot is fabulous, with a large yard down to the fire pit and dock.
- Large fire pit right next to the lake. Very relaxing way to spend the evening.
- Convenient location. 15 minutes to Gladwin, 20 minutes to West Branch, with gas and supplies about 5 minutes away
- The sunroom. All door walls and windows, with very comfortable seating and a great ceiling fan
- Very large main living room area
- Huge, comfortable couches
- Great Wi-Fi reception and speed
- Large TV in living area and in master bedroom with many cable channels
- Central air conditioning
- Owners supplied drinking water, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, paper plates, foil, plastic wrap, baggies, soap, dish soap, laundry detergent, coffee, tea, spices, olive oil, Pam, trash bags, towels
- Dock: This was our only real issue. We rented a pontoon for the week from Secord Lake Marina (highly recommended!). The dock was about 3+ feet above the water. The problem is that when you put bumpers on the dock (to keep the boat from pounding into the dock--this is a busy lake with fairly constant boat traffic), the bumpers push on the side of the pontoon, which is just flexible sheet metal, and would dent or bend very quickly. And if you position the bumpers on the boat where they should be, there are too low and don’t come into contact with the dock. We eventually figured out a system of bumpers and ropes that worked, but it took quite a while and required numerous bumpers (I had asked for extras at the marina). Also, the dock railings are loose, the stairs are uneven, and there are boards on the dock that are buckling, and we stumbled over them more than once. The dock is usable, but you need to be careful.
- Upon arrival there was a note that the shower didn’t work in the master bath. This didn’t affect our family too much because there were only three of us, but if we had a large group that would have been a problem. Sounds like the repair parts have been ordered, so hopefully that won’t be an issue in the future. It would have been nice to have been notified in advance.
- Grilling utensils/brush
Overall we loved it and had a great time!
Very nice lots of room and lots to do.
We have rented cabins every year for the last 10 years since our kids were young. This cabin was probably one of the best ones we stayed in. They have a lot of stuff to do for young and older kids and adults. Was very clean, the TV actually worked with lots of channels, great view of the lake, nice neighbor hood, very peaceful. The owner was very nice to work with also.
I don't have any complaints that I can think of, the only little one would be that the ad said wheelchair accessible which is not completely true. Except for the loft everything is all on 1 floor, you can get a wheelchair into the bathroom, so if you can stand this works, the toilet is small and the bathtub / shower has sliding glass doors, there is about an 8 inch step to get on the deck and an 8 inch step to get into the house.
Overall I would deferentially recommend this rental.