Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 5
Minimum age of primary renter: 21
Dan, the owner is a very friendly and helpful person. The communication is smooth and he replies instantly.
It is a nice house with plenty of space. An overall perfect stay.
Awesome property... awesome property owner!!!
We stayed here for a week and the property owner was a pure joy to work with!!! Everything fit our needs perfectly!
Will definitely rent again
My friends and I enjoyed the pool and the bonfire. The house itself was cozy and nice. I can’t wait for my next trip to this beautiful home.
We rented this home for a month while we had our kitchen renovated. We ended up only being there like once or twice a week. The house was just as pictured except for the pool no longer has a deck. It was clean enough although there were a few dead beetles scattered throughout the downstairs and some teeny tiny baby spiders and a few ants in the dining room. (It is summertime though.) The bedrooms and bathrooms were clean. (The downstairs bathroom did have a leak from rain coming in and some mold issues but it was taken care of and I expect the owner will need to clean it up more and put new paneling in there.) The house had a lot of issues with poor craftsmanship ie. cabinets and doors that didn’t line up correctly, gaps in the flooring and wallboards, the clothes dryer being vented into the garage. None of this interfered with the function of the house, other than the dryer. It takes a ridiculously long time to dry clothes. The first load would dry fine, after that the clothes would take forever and the garage was like a sauna. Having the garage door open helped a bit. Another issue we had was the pool ladder. It’s a nice heavy duty plastic ladder but it does not stay submerged in the pool and there is a large heavy piece of slate on top of it to try to keep it from floating up. The piece of slate is a huge safety hazard. If it fell on a child’s head, it could probably kill them. I could barely lift it. The pool was nice though and surprisingly warm. It was also clean except for a few leaves. The beds were comfortable. There is a big (portable, I think) air conditioner in the master bedroom which is nice. There was also some air conditioning thing on the kitchen counter. The house didn’t seem to have working central air but we were comfortable during the times we were there. Dan was just a text away and always responded immediately to answer our questions. (Except for the time I asked about canceling some of our days, then I didn’t get a response. It was after the cancellation period so I didn’t press the issue. Still a reply would have been nice.) The location was nice. It backs up to a busy road but the backyard was still quite peaceful. There are a ton of different trees and bushes back there and it gave a sense of privacy and the birds loved it. The house was well stocked with paper products and even laundry detergent and fabric softener. That is always convenient. Overall, it was a nice house. I would probably stay there again.
Thank you for choosing my home. In response to your review I want to address your concerns.
1. As far as the craftsmanship, the house is an older home, so yes, there will be imperfections and normal wear & tear. I do address all issues immediately that would be unsafe or a danger to my guests, however, normal wear and tear happens.
2. Pool ladder. I wish you would have notified me about this upon arrival at my home, I am only finding out about this through your review. I live out of State and have a neighbor who cares for the property in my absence. Had I been notified about this, I would have had it taken care of immediately.
3. Air conditioning. The central air conditioning works fine, you have to adjust the thermostat in the living room to your comfort. I put a portable air conditioner in the master bedroom because on those really hot summer days it tends to be a little warmer on the 2nd floor (as it does in most homes) I own a plumbing, heating & AC company, so my AC is well maintained. On the kitchen counter: that is an air cleaner not an AC system, I put that in there for guests who may have allergies. It cleans the air and kills bacteria, viruses and other contaminates. Again, I am only hearing about this through a review, this all could have been addressed immediately if it was brought to my attention. Comfort and convenience for my guests it top priority and I give everyone my contact information to contact me at any time.
4. Refund. My refund policy is posted on HomeAway and is a strict policy.
Great Home for families
The property is in a quiet, family-friendly neighborhood with easy access to the interstate. The pool was wonderful for our children to release some of their energy and they had a blast. My one complaint with the pool is that the ladder was broken and the ladder in the shed was not assembled. It was unclear what to do. Also, the drains in the bathroom backed up a bit, but would be a quick fix. Overall, the place was perfect for our family of 5. It was clean and quiet and in a great location.
About Dan Grumbine
I grew up in Lebanon, PA, served in the US Army and currently own my own business, I currently live in Maryland between Baltimore and Washington DC, and a proud owner of 2 boxers, Axle and Bella.
Dan Grumbine purchased this House in 2004
Why Dan Grumbine chose Logan Township
I purchased this property in 2004 and lived there until 2011. Beckett is a great small community, country atmosphere yet close to everything! 30 minutes from Philadelphia for a night out, 20 minutes to Delaware for TAX FREE shopping, and 1 hour to Atlantic City to lose all the money you earned!