This large, two-bedroom penthouse (1500 sq ft) is located on the prestigious Herengracht Canal near the Amstel River in one of the best neighbourhoods in Amsterdam, and occupies a prime location within two blocks of vibrant Rembrandtplein, the Willet-Holthuysen Museum, the Tassen Museum, the National Opera, the Hermitage Museum, and the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. From this location it is a short walk or a quick tram ride to all the major sites in the city.
The penthouse occupies the top floor of two adjacent 17th canal houses (no lift, but easy stairs) and was designed by a famous Dutch architect with a spectacular, open floor plan and all the modern amenities.
With six windows facing the canal in the front, a long balcony overlooking historic gardens in the rear, and a roof deck with panoramic views of many of the major sites in the city, the penthouse provides the perfect "home base" to experience Amsterdam at its finest.
The penthouse is blessed with an abundance of light, including 4 skylights, beautiful hard wood floors, a fireplace, comfortable furnishings, oriental carpets, and an eclectic mix of fine art from around the world.
There is a tram stop one block from the apartment and shopping is just down the street, as are a variety of great restaurants, cafes and the best food market in the city is at the end of the block.
For those with cars, there is public parking in the garage at the Stopera, just 5 minutes away.
- The sunken living room overlooks the historic Herengracht Canal, and is furnished with a sofa and chairs, a large flat screen television with cable, a DVD player and a stereo/CD player.
- There is a sofa bed on one side of the very large sitting room and a wall that slides closed to create a 2nd bedroom.
- There is a working fireplace in the living room.
- The large dining area features a skylight, a glass table with 6 leather dining chairs, and French doors opening to the balcony with views of the rear gardens.
- The adjacent kitchen has a skylight and features Miele cabinets and Bosch appliances, including a refrigerator/freezer, full-sized oven with electric stove top, a dishwasher, and a Nespresso coffee maker. The kitchen comes with a full compliment of cookware, utensils, dishes, cutlery, glasses and stemware.
- There is a bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub, double sinks and a toilet. Towels and a hairdryer are provided.
- There is a 2nd separate guest toilet.
- The quiet master bedroom is at the back, with French doors that open to the balcony overlooking the rear gardens.
- The spiral staircase in the dining area leads to a roof terrace, with lounge furniture
- There is unlimited, high-speed and FREE WIFI
- There is a washer and dryer.
- This is a non-smoking apartment although smoking on the balcony is allowed.
Whether this is your first time visiting Amsterdam or your 100th, the penthouse offers a unique, upscale, and exclusive "home base" that will enhance your stay as you explore and enjoy this wonderful city.