About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
3 Bedroom, 1 Bath (Sleeps 6-8)
* one of the more gentle slopes among vacation rentals on Norris lake
* escape to this incredible, newly updated and renovated “enchanted lakeside retreat” which rests on year round deep water!
* a week at this inspirational and majestic lake home will be the perfect getaway for your family to regenerate your body and mind as well as reacquaint with each other.
* Hot tub overlooking lake! Relax in your outdoor hot tub located on deck and then rekindle that romance with your special someone. Fall in love again as you look out onto romantic and beautiful Norris lake; nestled between the majestic Cumberland and Smoky Mountains while our powerful jets massage your worries and aches away.
* your lake front home is one of the shortest drives from downtown Lafollette, TN when compared to any other lakefront rental homes on Norris lake. As soon as you take that first step on the property you will find yourself excited to inhale that first deep breath of fresh mountain lake air; you will feel at home and enjoy the peace and serenity that you deserve and expect with a quality lake front vacation home.
* this outstanding lake home offers the amenities that a vacation on the lake demands. Plenty of private deck space, private hot tub, approx. 75 ft from the house is your covered boat dock / swimming platform, fire pit and much, much more but most importantly it offers the best in privacy and convenience! Indian River Marina and Whitman Hollow Marinas and restaurant are just around the point from the house and less than 5 minutes away on the water.
* fall in love again as you look out onto romantic and beautiful Norris lake; nestled between the majestic Cumberland and sensational Smoky Mountains. Get wet in the lake or brown yourself to perfection on the gently sloping yard overlooking the lake with the majestic view of the mountains on the far side of the water as you relax in the sun! A great place for kids to splash and wear themselves out before sharing the days big event stories and making smores or roasting marshmallows in the fire pit at night and going to sleep, allowing the grownups to make there own romantic splashes in the hot tub or lake at night :) woo hoo!
* free private boat dock with covered slip! Launch your boat close to the property! No launching, slip, docking or trailer parking fees and most important, no wasted vacation time or worries!
* at the “enchanted lakeside retreat” we will do what’s necessary for you to spend less time with menial tasks and more time taking in sweet mountain-lake air as you enjoy more time playing on and around Norris lake. Plenty of space for parking your automobiles, boats trailers and rvs. With three cozy and private bedrooms this could easily accommodate that two family vacation!
* you will love your clean, modern and fully equipped kitchen that has its very own view of the lake! Cook up some country vittles in your kitchen which comes with all of your modern cooking and dining needs: toaster, coffee maker etc; complete with a dining table for quiet dining or get-togethers as well as a table outside should you prefer alfresco dining in the sun.
* your family room is equipped with a tv and dvd player. There is a queen-sized bed in the master bedroom with you very own private view of the magnificent Cumberland Mountains and enchanting Norris Lake. Another bedroom has a queen sized bed waiting for you to relax in. A set of twin beds stand ready for the kids to pass out in. A sofa, loveseat, and air mattress are available for those extra guests in your party.
* knock the bite off those chilly nights outside! You have 2 separate outdoor wood-burning fire pits overlooking Norris lake.
* this property offers view, fun, access, privacy, convenience and entertainment for all four distinct seasons of the year. Year round relaxation. Whether you love the sun on your back as you enjoy the lake, the water to swim fish and play in , the brilliant and colorful fall foliage to photograph and behold, the snow capped mountains or sights and sounds of a frozen lake cracking in the night while it snows as you enjoy a walk on the property or an surreal and relaxing set down near the at the waters edge surrounded by snow or simply enjoy a hot fire outside with the smell of burning hickory or cedar bringing back those childhood memories (wow!) ;) you can have it all with this vacation rental home.
* fishing, boating, water sports, hunting and plethora of other outdoor activities are waiting for you! The ideal lake home for an unforgettable family vacation, week long escape from work, family reunion or honeymoon!
* this unique home is tucked away in a little known area, thus is blessed with extremely low and rare automobile traffic. It offers quick access to downtown Lafollette and Jacksboro's restaurants, marinas, grocery and discount retail stores including a Wal-mart super center, churches of most denominations, community airport (kjau) with a 4000' x 75' lighted airstrip, enterprise rental car which can deliver a vehicle to the airport and a hospital all of which are 10 minutes or less away. Your lakeside retreat is one of only two lakefront homes in Campbell county that are within pizza delivery distance and the few with cell phone coverage range!
* commercial icemaker - no reason to purchase bags of ice anymore! Plenty of ice to top off your coolers for a long day on the lake or make those cold drinks in the evening.
* pontoon boat rental available.
Ray or Linda Poland
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 25, 2018
About Ray or Linda Poland
We love pets! Our special Kiki!!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
House was in a great location, clean, and nicely decorated.
We took a last minute weekend trip and brought the boat and this house was perfect. Very convenient to the interstate and the town was a quick 10 minute drive. Great Lakehouse feel with all of the amenities that you will need for a relaxing time. Owners were very responsive and easy to work with. Thanks for a great weekend!
Home was beautiful!
The home was very clean and nicely decorated! We was only there for a few days after Christmas but wished that we would have had time for a longer stay. It was very comfortable and had everything there that someone may need. I love the beautiful yellow paint with the bright white trim, it was very relaxing. The beds where very comfortable. It was very easy working with Ray&Linda they was very nice when my son arrived and he called. We was last minute booking over the holidays and very grateful for them accommodating our stay with very little notice.
The con's we had was the same as someone else had mentioned is the window coverings! Mainly the bed rooms there was only sheers over some of the windows this making it uncomfortable as to at anytime someone could be seeing in. There was plenty of outdoor lighting around the house and garage but the sidewalk landscape lights was not working making it hard to see and at the end of the walk is a single step down to a small landing before turning to go up the porch steps. You really need to have this extra step highlighted because you cannot see this step. Even if the landscape lights were working it would not have helped due to their placement. I arrived during the day and missed this step while only carrying my purse. Just one other small thing when you enter the home due to it not being lived in on a regular basis, the age of the home and it being on the water it did have a musky odor. There was one mist freshener there but it was empty a few plug-ins would help. These couple of things would not keep us from staying again because it is a cute little place!
Hopefully Ray & Linda well accept us for return visits for a longer stay to enjoy the beautiful views of the water and mountains.
Hey Sandra - I'm really glad you liked the house and am sorry for the "con's" you had. I understand about the room freshener. We always try to check out the house right before a guest arrives especially if it has been closed up for a while. If we had not been out of town, we would have turned up the heat a day or two earlier to take care any mustiness caused by the very damp and freezing weather! We also would have made sure the automatic air freshener had a new refill. I also understand about the landscaping lights not working. When they are on at night, they typically are enough to highlight the step on the sidewalk to the porch. But, in 5 degree weather, my landscaping light don't work either. Hope you keep us in mind for your future visits to Norris Lake! - Linda
Wonderful place to relax and unwind
We truly enjoyed our week away ! The home is very clean and very well appointed. They truly think of everything. The home is situated in a great location not far from town. My favorite part was the back deck with those amazing views !
Good time by the lake!
Peaceful and relaxing stay at the lake. The steps down to the lake were a little long, but that is probably because the lake was pretty low at this time. However, it was a lot of fun and the house provided what we needed to enjoy ourselves.
Hey Guy - Glad you enjoyed yourselves! And a very big THANK YOU for leaving the house in such great shape!! Hope to see you again soon. - Ray & Linda
This house was a cottage house feel in a great location. The covered deck was a perfect outdoor space. It was easy to get to off I75, not too far away, fairly close to grocery stores etc. I liked that there wasn't too much boat traffic there either, of course we went a little bit after the prime season. The curtains were sheers and regular curtains, all on one rod so when we closed the curtains at night, the sheers would be bunched in the middle; perhaps 2 rods would work a little bit better. One bedroom only had sheers, not too good for sleeping in past sunrise. The owners emphasized that they wanted to meet us, we got there in the later afternoon so they set up a time the next morning. When she came over that morning, it seems like she only wanted to give us a contract to sign, it was about the first thing she said. No contract had been mentioned before then, although we had communicated with them. It was a fairly standard contract, but I don't understand why they couldn't have scanned it & sent it to our email, then we could print it out and scan it back. Why spring it on us? What if there was a part of it we didn't like--we were already down there with our dog--where else would we go then? I don't understand the surprise element of this. Why not have the contract on the VRBO site? This was an unpleasant part of an otherwise great time at the lake.
Hey Barbara - I apologize for "springing on you" the agreement. VRBO used to have the agreement on the site but somewhere along the line, it was removed. I would also scan the contract and send via personal email when requested so potential guests could review before they booked. But, VRBO decided to block potential guests' emails until they confirmed a booking. Given all of this, VRBO has made using their site a little less customer oriented and customer friendly. I guess I will have to go in to my VRBO page and see what I can do to make sure all potential guests have access to our contract before agreeing to stay with us. As far as my coming in and appearing to only want the agreement signed, I sometimes feel I have to be very conscious of intruding on our guest's privacy and do not want to spend too much time there and become an annoyance. Sorry if I seemed abrupt. I'm glad everything else worked for you. - Linda
It really is an Enchanted Lakeside Retreat!
We ( three adults, two small kids and two dogs) loved our stay at Linda and Ray's. It was very cozy and clean and had everything we needed. The view from the wonderful hot tub and deck was amazing. The walk to the dock was more gradual than any place we had rented before at Norris Lake and kayaking and playing in the water there was fun.
We are coming back next year!
To be honest, knowing you folks have 2 small children and 2 dogs, we expected the worst when we went to the house to get it ready for our next guests. But, to our VERY pleasant surprise, the house was in GREAT shape and we sincerely thank you for that!! Really glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservations are confirmed. A 5% military discount is available. A processing fee of $50.00 for reservations made with credit cards. No charge when paying with check. We take pride in providing a clean, sanitized Hot Tub for our quests. In order to maintain these high standards, there will be an additional $50.00 cleaning fee taken from your security deposit if the hot tub is used.