All that Donner Summit has to offer in a cozy, cute, organized and updated cabin.
* The Sugar Shack is an 1100 sq. ft. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom cabin with a sleeping/TV/game loft. There are two identical queen bedrooms on the lower floor that share one full bath; and there are 2 twin beds plus a 3/4 bath in the loft (which serves as the 3rd bedroom). There is a layout of the cabin in the photos.
* The Sugar Shack is located 1 block up from the Bales boat storage/put-in, 2 blocks from the extensive Royal Gorge trail system (for use in winter and summer), approximately 4 miles to Sugar Bowl Ski Resort, and 1 mile to Soda Springs Ski hill/snow play area. The neighborhood sledding hill is 1 block up from the cabin.
* In the winter, we have a snowplow service to clear the driveway. The county snow plow maintains the streets.
* Our main source of heat is an efficient wood burning stove, supplemented by electric wall heaters. We provide all the kindling and wood, but the wood stove needs to continually be stoked and burning to ensure adequate heat.
*The Sugar Shack does not offer ski leases.
* We provide all towels, linens, paper goods (tp, kleenex, paper towels, napkins) as well as a fully stocked kitchen. The coffee maker does not require paper filters. We have plenty of beach towels for lake use during the summer. There are a few spices provided otherwise guests provide all food.
* We have very little storage so we do not provide high chairs, baby gates, pack and plays, etc.
*We (the owners) have 'VRBO'd' all across the country as a family, and have set up the Sugar Shack based on our experiences. We personally manage the cabin so when you have questions or issues, you will be getting our personalized service. We strive to manage the Sugar Shack in a professional manner, and the property is professionally cleaned between guests. We retain a local property manager for emergencies and cabin maintenance. We invite you to come enjoy Donner Summit, Serene Lakes, and the Sugar Shack...