Spacious, Furnished Capitol Hill Home, 2 Blocks to U.S. Capitol(0 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 Bedrooms, 3-1/2 Baths, With Off-street Parking; ONE-MONTH MINUMUM
Large, three-bedroom FULLY FURNISHED townhouse in an unbeatable location, convenient to everything on Capitol Hill: Union Station, Supreme Court, Eastern Market, Senate offices, and, of course, the Capitol. The house features 3-1/2 baths, three functioning fireplaces, central heating and air-conditioning, beautiful kitchen with dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer, basement recreation room, Wi-Fi Internet access, cable television on all three floors, DVD player, monitored security system, carpet, quiet back patio and off-street PARKING for one car. The basement recreation room can be converted into a fourth bedroom, especially for children. NO SMOKING and NO PETS, please. ONE-MONTH MINIMUM RENTAL.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern Time, Mon. through Sat.
Member since: 2013
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Master bedroom is at the back of the house, on the second floor, and features a full bathroom, two sinks, a walk-in closet, cable television and a working fireplace. The second bedroom is at the front of the house, on the second floor, where it gets lots of light, and features a full bathroom. The third bedroom is in the basement, and has lots of closet space and a bathroom with a shower (no tub). ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
Utilities not included for stays longer than one month.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
The house is perfectly located for a business or leisure stay in the Nation's Capital:
* Two blocks from the U.S. Capitol and the U.S. Senate Office Buildings, with the National Mall, the U.S. Botanic Garden, the National Gallery of Art and the Smithsonian museums just steps beyond;
* Red (Union Station) and Blue/Orange (Capitol South) Metro lines both within a ten-minute walk, as well as Amtrak;
* One block from the U.S. Supreme Court;
* Two blocks from the Folger Shakespeare Library;
* Three blocks from the Library of Congress;
* Ten minutes on foot to Eastern Market;
* Ten minutes by car to the National Arboretum;
* Twenty-five minutes on foot (or a short bus ride) to Major League Baseball at Nationals Park;
* Twenty-five minutes on foot (or a short bus ride) to Major League Soccer at R.F.K. Stadium;
* A variety of restaurants and bars within a short walk, on either Massachusetts Avenue, N.E., or Pennsylvania Avenue, S.E.;
* Pharmacy, dry cleaners and convenience stores all within two blocks;
* Park and playground one block away;
* One block from the neighborhood D.C. Public School (Peabody Elementary), and only a ten-minute walk from both secular and parochial private schools;
* Two Catholic parishes and Protestant churches of various denominations within a half-mile radius;
* Two blocks from a Capital Bikeshare station, on East Capitol Street;
* Excellent routes for running or biking;
* Major MetroBus routes within a few blocks of the house; and
* Fifteen minutes by car or taxi to Reagan National Airport.
Most offices of Federal Government agencies, the D.C. Government, the Federal Court system, the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, along with many foreign Embassies and major D.C. attractions (such as the National Zoo, Ford's Theater, the Kennedy Center, the Shaw/U Street Corridor and Arlington Cemetery) are an easy Metro ride away.
Year Purchased: 1968
About: I grew up on Capitol Hill, and I still live only a few blocks away. I know you will love the neighborhood as much as my family and I do.
Why Capitol Hill, Washington, DC, USA:
This is the house I grew up in, and its location will allowed me me to experience all the fun and historic aspects of Washington, D.C.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Whether you are coming to Washington to visit family or friends for an extended period, have a short-term assignment or performance in our Nation's Capital, are in between tours with a U.S. Government agency or an international organization, or are returning from overseas to a posting here, this house is perfect for you. You are in the middle of everything, while living in an area with a true neighborhood feel: food, entertainment, exploration and fellowship are only a short walk from your door.
- Primary: +1 202-547-3511 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern Time, Mon. through Sat.
- Secondary: +1 2024453115 After business hours, Eastern Time, and on weekend
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Wood-Burning Fireplace and Open Floor Plan
Wood-Burning Fireplace in Master Bedroom
Plenty of Storage
Recreation Room/Potential Fourth Bedroom
One Block from U.S. Supreme Court
One Block from Stanton Park and Its Playground
Nearby Eastern Market
Bright, Open Living Room
Generous Second Bedroom
Great Back Patio!
Two Blocks from the Library of Congress
Close to Metro (Blue/Orange and Red)
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.