The Mt. Philo Inn is ideally located adjacent to Mt. Philo State Park in picturesque Charlotte, Vermont’s most affluent town, on a rural road surrounded by preserved fields and mountain ranges. The park offers the best accessible 360° views in Vermont! Pack a picnic and drive to the top or walk over along our private road through a sugar maple forest for a day of hiking, nature and fun in the great outdoors. Mt. Philo is famous for winter sledding, and is the home of jack-jumping.
Charlotte is a thriving agricultural town, with an extensive lake shore dotted with homes of the rich and famous. Successful farm ventures are everywhere, including vineyards, dairy, horse, berry, vegetable and hops farms, and much more. An easy 25 minute drive allows access to both Burlington and Middlebury.
• Rent a boat at Point Bay Marina.
• Charlotte Beach and Kingsland Bay are welcome relief for a hot day.
• View the areas 5 covered bridges and well-appointed homes while driving our beautiful back roads.
Whether you come to Vermont in the spring, summer, fall, or winter, you're bound to find something to do. With endless outdoor recreation, as well as an array of indoor cultural attractions, the Lake Champlain Valley offers something for everyone!
• Road bike over the tough Green Mountain gaps or take an easy ride along the lake.
• Taste some of Vermont’s finest beer at Fiddlehead Brewery
• Tour the areas two educational farms, Philo Ridge Farm and Shelburne Farms, for a hands-on experience of farm life.
• If the season is right, head over to one of Charlotte’s berry farms.
• Check out our thriving music scene at Radio Bean, Red Square and Nectar’s.
• Make your kids a friend for life at the Teddy Bear Factory
• Taste the savory flavors at Starry Night Café, the Bearded Frog and Vergennes Laundry.
• Take the Charlotte ferry across the lake for an evening drink at the Old Dock.
• Shelburne Museum features an extensive world-class collection of Americana and impressionist art. Climb on board the Ticonderoga steam ship and board a steam train.
• Fish for Walter in the lake or river
• Stowe, Killington and Sugarbush ski areas are all within 75 minutes.
• Other nearby recreational and cultural highlights include Middlebury College, UVM, the Echo Center, golfing, hiking, sailing, horseback riding and more.