Don't Miss This One! Luxury! Magnificent Sunset Ocean Views, Pool/Hot Tub, Kona(56 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4-9 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Heated Private Pool! Close-in Kailua-Kona! Sunsets! Designer Decorated! WiFi!
This is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath private luxury home with a panoramic (sunset) view of the Ocean. This is not an 'ohana' (or in-law suite) associated with another house as some of them are. This is a separate house on it's own separate lot. This house has a private solar-heated pool…a hot tub with an ocean view…a printer, WiFi, and is a 5 minute drive to the main shopping and restaurant district in town and also to the closest beaches. The house has an extensive video collection of 'favorite' DVD movies (including children's movies), and has some toys, a high chair and Graco Pac n Play for children. It has most appliances you could want. The back of this house overlooks the ocean and is very private. The front overlooks the mountains.
We call this house the 'Crystal House' because of the crystals found in the foyer and scattered around the yard.
The house is in Kailua-Kona about 2 miles south of the main part of town with many restaurants and shops. Kailua-Kona is the main tourist spot on The Big Island. It is on the sunny side of the island (as opposed to Hilo which is on the rainy side). It is 80-85 degrees and sunny almost every day of the year in Kona. Kailua-Kona is on the coastline of the island. The Big Island is a magical place to visit. It's easier to understand this magic once you come, since a lot of this has to do with the 'feeling' many people get while on the island.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 1800 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable
1) Bose Ipod Unit. 2) SONOS Speaker: You can play your “playlist” via a SONOS speaker! Place the speaker where you wish, plugged into an outlet- inside or outdoors, MUST be protected from the rain! ...moreless
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Beach View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hunting Big Game
- Hunting Small Game
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Pantry Items:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Low Season 2017
Apr 1 - Oct 7, 2017
4 night min stay
Iron Man 2017
Oct 8 - Oct 18, 2017
9 night min stay
High Season 2017-2018
Nov 1 - Mar 31, 2018
5 night min stay
Low Season 2018
Apr 1 - Sep 30, 2018
5 night min stay
Oct 5 - Oct 15, 2018
9 night min stay
Low Season 2018
Oct 16 - Oct 31, 2018
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $260
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Tax Rate 13.42%
Note: We can offer 10% off for 3 week rentals. Remind us of this option.
We require 50% of the total due to secure your dates. The remainder is due 90 days prior to arrival. We do not offer a refund after these payments are made. Sorry but we CANNOT OFFER LATE CHECK-OUTS. We have tried to accommodate guests with this but stresses occur with our cleaning crew. KEEP IN MIND that many flights depart Kona later at night and with an 11 AM check-out you may wish to add an additional night.
Rates may change without notice and cannot bear changed.
Check-in time is 4 PM and Check -out time is 11 AM.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Getting around the Big Island is very simple since there is (pretty much) one highway going around the whole island. Check out the map of the island included in our photos. It's an excellent idea to get the book 'Hawaii The Big Island Revealed' before your visit.
SIMPLE BIG ISLAND VACATION PLAN OF MUST DO's: (see more details below)
1. Have Breakfast and coffee at Lava Java downtown 75-5799 Alii Drive- 327-2161 You may want to start every morning this way... Our # 1 'MUST DO'.
2. Lunch at The Coffee Shack. The view is 'wow'. (11 miles south on highway 11. (808) 328-9555)
3. Go to Huggo's for a fantastic dinner and view of the ocean followed by Huggo's on the Rocks (next door). downtown Kailua-Kona. . 808 329-1493. Needs reservation for Huggo's. Alii Drive, right of Royal Kona Resort.
4. Have Drinks at The Kona Inn- downtown on the water- Go for the view and the Mai Tai's. 75-5744 Alii Dr, 329-4010
5. Go to Hawi and eat at the Bamboo Restaurant for a very Hawaiian experience. Shop Hawi then go to Polulu Point (see more below).
6. Go Zip-Lining near Hawi!
7. Do the Sea Quest snorkeling and Cave trip boat tour with Captain Liam (2 miles from the house).
8. Drive to Volcano National Park (dont miss the Chain of Craters Road) and have lunch at Cafe Ono.
9. Drive to Hilo and see the Botanical Gardens, see Akaka Falls and eat at the 50's restaurant on the way.
10. Have a Lava Flow and snorkel at Kahalu'u Beach (2 miles away from the house, best snorkeling on island) and/or spend a day at (the more lush beach) Hapuna Beach, perhaps have lunch at the price Hotel next door- (45 minutes north).
11. Stroll through the Kona Outdoor Market open Wednesdays through Sundays. Downtown Kona next to St Michael's Church.
12. Go to a luau the Royal Kona Luau (2 miles from the house).
13. Check out some traditional Hawaiian take-out food to keep at the house. Kailua Pork gotten at the Kava Bar next to Wasabi's downtown and the 'Dynamite Poke' from Da Poke Shack on a mile away. Also Killer Taco's is a legend in Kona for take out tacos and the famous 'Barnyard Burrito'.
14. Consider para-sailing and Jet-skiing in close by downtown Kailua-Kona.
See below for much much more!
BEST BOOK TO GET: 'Hawaii The Big Island Revealed' (the blue book)- hands down.
The house offers a solar heated pool, an outdoor hot tub plus a jacuzzi in the master bath, an extensive video collection, and some toys.
We have boogie boards, surf boards, towels, beach chairs, coolers etc etc. Feel free to use anything.
A fantastic WALKING PATH is just up the street- (the Walua trail is 3 blocks up the hill to the right). This is a historic trail where donkeys used to deliver goods to this town. It is a fairly flat trail (hard to find in a hilly town like Kailua-Kona) and if you look you'll see mile markers, so you will know how long you've walked.
The house is close to one of the best snorkeling beaches on the island (Kahalu'u Beach Park), one of the best surfing spots (Lyman's Beach which you can see from the master bedroom), 'Magic' Sands Beach (the beach is there... then it's 'not' there!) and Keauhou Bay (that offers many water activities- we love Sea Quest fast boat snorkeling and cave tours 329-7238 and dolphin excurions (see below for much more). In downtown Kona / Alii Drive you can sign up for parasailing, kayaking and jet-skiing.
.....Ask Lauri for the complete list of activities and restaurants- also included in our guest book in the house!
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Jacob and Laurie love living on the Big Island and sharing it with others through rentals. We love providing you with the best of the best. We also love helping you plan your stay! Feel free to write us at any time for recommendations!
Why the Owner Chose Kailua-Kona, HI, USA:
This is a luxury home is close-in ( 2 miles) into the main tourist area of Kona, it has a private heated pool, outstanding ocean views from the living room, dining room, the lanai, and the master bedroom, an outdoor jacuzzi with an ocean view and a jacuzzi bathtub in the master bathroom. It is close into Kailua-Kona town, which is the main area people like to vacation on the Big Island. The home has many amenities for all. This house has amenities for the kids such as a video library (with adult and kid movies), a high chair and a Graco pac n play. We provide a nice list of favorite things to do on your vacation (many guests have told us they use only this list and are thrilled with their vacation!). This home provides an abundance of everything you would need. Don't miss our many great reviews!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This house is a private home with a private solar heated pool. Tis is not an "ohana" attached to another house, as some are. It is beautiful, very comfortable and extremely quiet. It is about a two mile drive to Kailua-Kona town and has luxuries such as a hot tub, and you can hear the surf from your bed at night! Baby items and toys included!
- Primary: +1 4105627409 Preferred is to text msg 808-329-5554
- Secondary: +01 808-329-5554 Preferred text message number: 808-329-55
- Fax: +1 8083295534
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Living Room/ Dining Room area is much larger than it appears (per reviews).
Ocean Views can be seen from the living room, kitchen and the dining room.
Another view of the living room with exquisite art and asian antiques.
View from Master Bedroom Deck. We think you will be pleasantly surprised!
Outdoor dining area on lanai-main floor.
Walking into the Master Bedroom. The Ocean View is a great way to wake up!
Another View from the Master Bedroom Lanai (Deck)
Bedroom 2 queen bed. view of garden. A window air conditioner is provided.
View of the house from the rear.
Main Floor Lanai- BBQ side
Kailua Kona with many restaurants and shops- the house is 2 miles away.
Foyer with Gorgeous Crystals.
View from the pool deck. Large Ocean Views from all the main living areas!
Dining Room with beautiful furniture for you to enjoy!.
Outdoor Dining Room with 6 plus seating.
Master Bedroom. Up 7 steps from Main Floor. Super comfy bed!
View from Master Bedroom. The highlight may be the view every morning!
The Master Bathroom
Bedroom 1. Garden View. Window Air Conditioner.
Main Floor Large Lanai and Pool area.
Getting around the island is very easy!
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, April 29, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.