ABOUT THE SPACE
This studio suite can vary from 352 to 481 square feet. The suite provides luxurious amenities, and can be set up with either a king bed or two queen beds. The studio suite still manages to include a small kitchen as well, fitted with everything needed. The kitchen adds affordability allowing for delicious meals to be made from the comfort of the suite.
- City View
- King or Two Queen Beds
- One Bathroom
- Small Kitchen with coffee and tea maker, microwave, cookware, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, toaster, flatware
- Convenient Comforts include cable TV, DVD player, hairdryer, alarm clock radio, iron and ironing board
Wyndham lists the top five reasons to stay at the Avenue resort for the rooftop sun deck, outdoor swimming pool, beautiful view of the city, onsite restaurant, and fitness center. Even more, the friendly staff at the activity desk can provide recommendations for restaurants, tours shopping, nightlife, or other various activities. The staff’s inside knowledge will help make your travels more convenient. For a small fee, amenities such as daily housekeeping and valet parking can be included. In front the resort has instant access to the light rail system throughout New Orleans thanks to the St Charles at Josephine stop.
- Activity Desk
- Computer Room
- Front Desk (24 - Hour)
- Laundry Facilities
- Restaurant - Mr. John’s
- Swimming Pool - Outdoor
- Valet Parking (Fee)
- Handicap Access
- Fitness Center
- Rooftop Sun Deck
- Ashley House Tours
- Balcony Overlooking St. Charles Avenue
- Housekeeping (fee)
ABOUT THE AREA
As mentioned before, the Wyndham Avenue Plaza Resort is located in the Garden District. Beautiful architecture and landmarked cemeteries surrounds the historic neighborhood. Gourmet dining and shopping can be found along Magazine Street. The St Charles trolley provides a unique way to get around the area as well. Finally, either a short drive or trolley ride away is the New Orleans Steamboat Company. Take a ride along the Mississippi while jazz music is played and dinner is served. This is an activity that can be fun for the whole family..
- Garden District - Steps away
- Ashe Cultural Arts Center - 0.4 of a mile
- Ashe Power House Theater - 0.4 of a mile
- Magazine Street - 0.5 miles
- The National World War II Museum - 0.9 miles
- Blaine Kern’s Mardi Gras World - 1.7 miles
- Harrah’s New Orleans Casino - 1.7 miles
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americas - 2.0 miles
- Jackson Square - 2.0 miles
- New Orleans Steamboat Company - 2.3 miles
- Audubon Park & Zoo - 3.8 miles
- Louis Armstrong International Airport - 12 miles
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 10:00 am
**This resort offers Braille signage (i.e. elevators, room numbers), handicap parking, first floor access ramps.
This resort may offer rooms with these special needs features:
Some units include wider than typical unit interior doorways, all doors have lever handles, roll-in shower, handheld shower head, grab bars in shower, grab bars around toilet, raised toilet (higher than typical units), front door wide-angle wheelchair height peephole, first floor handicap accessible access, Braille signage for room numbers.