Top-Secret Luxury on Hillside Estate Property, Minutes from Downtown San Diego.(22 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Estate
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Luxurious one-bedroom casita on large estate property with stunning views.
Stunning guesthouse offers utmost luxury with an old-world Mexican twist.
Hand-made Mexican tile counter tops, custom shower, new high-end stainless steel appliances, Bosh washer/dryer in-unit, custom recessed lighting, expansive windows and doors letting in sunshine and views. Fully stocked with kitchen wares, bathroom essentials, cable, and luxury bedding..
The vast surrounding property provides you with plenty of beautiful outdoor areas with breathtaking views and comfortable spaces for enjoying a good book or a quite mediation while you soak up a little California sun. Beautiful gardens and fountains abound for pure outdoor bliss! More than an acre of fully fenced sprawling gardens, lawns and canyons, Many private areas throughout the grounds, five ever-gurgling fountains and views to-die-for. Find you’re looking for, here!
Outstanding Features of our CASITA:
-Completely Renovated Interior
-Luxury Cotton Bed Sheets
-Goose-Down comforter and Pillows
-Egyptian Cotton Bathrobes and towels
-Chi Hair Dryer with Two Styling Attachments
-Cable Television in Bedroom access to DVR
& SO MUCH MORE...!
SOME HOUSE GUIDLINES AND ITEMS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BOOKING THIS RENTAL:
- Casa Fuente Vacation Rental is offered for the sole purpose of vacation accommodation. Renters are asked to maintain a level of respect, peace and quiet at all times, which makes this spot so special and unique. If you and your group are not looking for a peaceful quiet retreat, this may not be the right location for you.
- Shared Amenities/Common Spaces - Areas such as North Lawn, North Lawn Lounge, Gate Lawn, etc. are for guest use and enjoyment during daylight hours. Shortly after nightfall, we ask that these areas be vacated and returned their orderly original condition. These areas are intended for registered guests of Casa Fuente Vacation Rental. Outside guests must be previously authorized by the Owner.
- Parking & Access Control - Parking is made available for registered guests of Casa Fuente Vacation Rental only, unless previously authorized by Owner.. limited spaces.
- If you wish to host a group event to the property during your stay, you are encouraged to inquire about booking a special event. A few outside guests visting you for short times are o.k.
Special events can be booked without syaing the casita for the night as well. North lawn and casita terrace as well as limitted interior use of main house for one time event is possible.
The prices provided for nightly vacation-rental accommodations do not include access to areas of the main home or late night use of other common areas. Casita has its own lower terrace with fountain with table and chairs and personal grill for use during your stay.
- Max guests allowed in Casita Suite is two. Possible exceptions to this maximum may exist and must be authorized by Owner prior to booking. Please inquire.
See all our properties:
0bd 1ba VRBO Listing #581234
2bd 1ba VRBO Listing #450473
2bd 1ba VRBO Listing #556455
6 month or more furnished rental possible in 2 bed View condo Downtown . inquire
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 650 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
We love children, but there are winding garden walkways with old railings NOT necessarily suitable for youngsters. Bringing the kiddos is done at your own discretion. Please be aware this property is NOT childproof and you will need to trust your children and keep an eye on them. This is 1.5 acres of steep canyon gardens...plenty of places to wander off and hide. ...moreless
The casita is relatively accessible with assistance to and from the parking area. The path is TOO STEEP at one point for a wheelchair to be operated alone, but we are happy to assist in any way for your comfort and safety. ...moreless
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Smoking Allowed:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- CASITA BEDROOM: Bright cheerful bedroom with large beautiful windows looking out over the trees, city and mountains below. Bedroom features luxurious queen memory-foam mattress, down pillows and comforter, luxurious sheets, custom paint-job and luxurious custom lighting, plenty of storage in 10ft closet, 22 inch television with digital cable and DVD player, iPhone charger/alarm/dock, draperies for sleeping, iron, ironing board, laundry baskets, and much more....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- CASITA BATHROOM: Gorgeous custom built shower with recessed lighting and custom heavy-glass shower door. Fogged glass entry door lets in natural light while maintaining privacy. Luxury cotton robes & towels, CHI hairdryer with two diffusers, beautiful custom lighting for both task and relaxation. ...moreless
- Away From It All
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Iron & Board
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Short Get Away
Jan 20 - Jan 25, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $50
- Taxes Not included
If you have trouble with a special please do reach out to me
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Nicknamed 'Gem of The Hills', Mount Helix is one of San Diego's best kept secrets! Only 10-miles away from Downtown San Diego, offering breathtaking views and small-town charm, this coveted neighborhood is truly unlike anything else in San Diego. Walk in the woods, bike on the mountain trails, admire panoramic city and ocean views...or jump on the San Diego Trolley for a night out on the town!
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Hello and thank you for having a look at this incredible property. I am lucky enough to call the" House of Fountains" home and would love share it with you. I had the honor of acquiring this gorgeous property in 2013. I and many others have been working hard to breath new-life into this gem of a hillside estate in this little know area called Mt helix. I've found so much pleasure and meaning in nurturing distressed properties back to health and beauty. I have been in San Diego now for two decades originally from wisconsin. I believe this is a superb climate on the mountain. Guests I have hosted, some for days and a select few for a year or more, have become friends along the way. Thank you Jane for a great year, we all miss you. Not to forget Andrea who holds the place together. A gigantic Thanks . Send her a note and see what we can do to make your stay exceptional.
Why the Owner Chose Mount Helix (La Mesa, CA, USA):
Great place for visiting friends and family in the neighborhood yet having your own space. I find it possible to completely forget about the outside world. A restful oasis from the rush of of your day. Outdoor living throughout the year. One of the best reasons of all. Beautiful, tranquil and comforting. Only a moments drive from all of San Diego's exciting offerings, yet it feels a world away.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
Panoramic city and mountain views. Nearly one and half acres of gated gardens and lawns. Cozy, safe and sound, nestled into the canyon. Feel like you have taken a trip into the country and perhaps back in time. The stillness, is a healing aspect of this unique home. Reset with us and see how much good it will do. The view alone will have you feeling expansive. Thanks again for taking a moment to view the listing. See you soon.
- Primary: 619-651-3395
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
5-Star Quality Comfort
High-Efficiency Washer/Dryer IN-UNIT
All-Custom Bathroom, Custom Glass Shower Door
Private Patio, Water Feature...beautiful outdoor dining with a view!
North Arcade off North Lawn
North Lawn Lounge w/ views, open to guests during daylight hours only.
Site Plan: Common areas
Bedroom TV Area, DVR Digital Cable, DVD/VHS Player
Quaint and modernized kitchen.
Hallway into Bedroom
Luxurious Rustic Bathroom Finishes
Floor Plan - Casita Suite, separate from Drapery Room, See site plan for details
North Lawn Lounge, open to guests during daylight hours only.
North Lawn, open to guests during daylight hours only.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, January 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.