We have 3 separate Units: The Main House, the Guest House and Caretakers’ House:
• The Main House: It has a large raised deck with a small swimming pool, 2 outside (but undercover) tables that can be used for any of the meals (these tables can be put together for larger groups). Inside there is general area with living room and dinning room on one side and a kitchen area with a long and high bar type table with stools. There is also a full bathroom and a food and supplies walk in closet. On the second floor there are 3 rooms. 2 of these rooms are a type of loft overlooking the downstairs area; they have 2 separate Queen Size beds (2.00x1.50m). Although we count these Queen Size beds for 1 person, a couple or 2 children can sleep in them. There is a master bedroom with a King Size bed (2.00x2.00m), a private full bathroom and a closet. In front of the master bedroom there is a balcony overlooking the ocean.
• The Guest House: The guest house has a room upstairs and one downstairs. The downstairs room has a small deck in front overlooking the ocean; the bedroom has King Size bed (2.00x2.00m), a Single Size bed (1.00x1.90m) and a full private bathroom. The room upstairs is a very large room with 2 balconies (one overlooking the ocean and the other one the pool) and a private full bathroom. It has 2 single size beds (1.00x1.90m), set together forming a King Size bed that can be separated. It also has 2 additional Single Size beds (1.00x1.90m).
Notes: You can select to use any room you want but once selected, please do not change rooms because the maintenance people would have to clean and wash after them also.
2. The House:
• Water: The water in the house comes from a natural spring and can be used as drinking water (we do so).
• Hot Water for the Shower or Sink: The Main House as well as the Guest House, have heated hot water supply.
• Electricity: We have electricity in the house.
• Music: We have a speaker/sound system (JBL SplashProof Portable Speakers) that you can use and connect via Bluetooth to your phone/music.
• Refrigerator: The house is equipped with a standard refrigerator and we have two large coolers that can be used to store all source of supplies in good condition. You can ask the caretaker for help to buy the ice. The nearest place is in Uvita/Bahia areas.
• Telephone: We have recently installed a telephone line (the number is 2786 5590).
• Cooking: All the cooking is done with gas. We have a large kitchen with 4 burners a grill.
• Garbage: For environmental reasons, we have 2 separate garbage deposits. One for Paper and Plastics and the other for Organic Matter. Glass and Metal cans will be handled separately also.
• Pool: The water in the pool comes also from the spring with a small continuous flow.
• Candles: Due to the flammable construction materials used in building the house we do not allow any candles in the rooms. You can use candles at the outdoor tables and areas where they can be supervised at all times.
• Torches: Out on the Deck we have torches that are lit at sundown. The caretaker will blow them off when they are retiring (For security purposes we do not want to leave them during the night without supervision).
3. Services: We have a couple that take care of the maintenance and cleaning of the house and can also cook for you. They have their own house (next to the main house) and generally come early in the morning (around 7:00AM) to clean the main house and prepare breakfast. They also will show up to help with lunch (around 12:00PM) and late afternoon (5:00PM) to light the outside torches and help with serving drinks and dinner preparation. If you need them at any other time, just call them.
• Cooking: The caretakers wife can cook for you (following your instructions) or you can use them to assist you. If you like to try some of our local food, they can prepare rice and beans and fresh hand made tortillas (you will have to remember to purchase the corn flower for tortillas and the rice and beans).
• The Grill: Anytime you want to use the outside Grill, you can ask the caretaker and he will look for the wood and prepare it for you.
• Cleaning: The caretakers will maintain the house and clean all the rooms and bathrooms.
• Linen and Towels: Both are included with the house. In regards to the towels, please use them in the House or Deck areas only (do not take them to the beach. If you are going to need towels for the beach, please bring your own.
• Rooms and Beds: After your breakfast, the caretakers will clean your rooms and make up your beds. If you want this done at other times you need to tell them.
• Washing: If you need anything to be washed, the caretakers will do it for a small gratuity.
• Drinks and beverages: The caretakers can help you prepare drinks and beverages but you have to show them how to prepare certain drinks. Depending on the season and availability, they can bring you coconut juice from nearby trees.
• Supplies: Bathroom soap and toiled paper are included with the house. You should bring whatever goods you are going to consume. In the San Jose area you can find a larger variety of goods but there are different areas close to the house where you can buy most of your needs.
• Additional help: If you need additional help, either of the caretakers can arrange it for you. The hourly rate should be close to $3.00.
• Tipping: This is strictly based on your opinion and how you were treated.