A Treehouse at Dale Hollow(27 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Everyone Wants To Stay In A Treehouse! Here's Your Chance At Dale Hollow Lake.
Built in the trees and overlooking Dale Hollow Lake. Small done well was the theme of this custom treehouse built by the current owners. Up the steps to the main level of the treehouse there are twin beds, all wood interior, wood floors, large recliner, corner Vermont style gas heat stove, half bath, custom kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, coffemaker, and outdoor grill. An in wall air conditioning unit keeps the treehouse cool all summer long. Also on this level are two screened in porches and one open deck. Twig/grapevine styled furniture with cushions is featured along with ceiling fan on this porch. The other screened porch opens from the main living area with french doors and has ceiling fan, fold down eating bar, and directors chairs. You can sit and view the lake and the woods below. The trees grow up thru the open section of this deck. Back inside, the loft area has a ship's ladder with hatch that leads to a kingsize bed and railing that overlooks the main level. In loft area there is a dvd player hooked to a TV to watch movies in bed. On main level is 37 inch flat screen tv with directv service. Go outside and down the steps below, then onto another screened in porch, and you'll find the full bathroom and laundry room with washer and dryer. Come enjoy this quaint and unique treehouse built with lots love and for our guests enjoyment in mind. Owners are usually on site at their lakeview home on the property.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Upstairs in the loft (ship type ladder) there is a king size bed with new memory foam mattress. Snuggle in and close the hatch till morning! Railing overlooks main living area. There is a tv viewable from the loft that will play DVDs only. On the main level there are two twin beds, the kitchenette, and a recliner with a mounted flat screen tv with directv service. Don't hesitate to call the owners with questions about the layout....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Inside on the main level there is a bathroom with toilet and pedestal sink. Outside, and down the steps, and onto the ground level screened porch, there is a private full bath with tub/shower combo, toilet, pedestal sink, along with adjacent space that holds a washer and dryer. Remember part of the ambiance of a treehouse is going outside and back inside to get to the main bathroom! ...moreless
- Again, this is our treehouse/cabin. There will be steps to climb, you will be going outdoors and back in to get to the main bathroom, no stove, oven, or dishwasher, but a nice gas grill to cook on is there for your use. Just a romantic one of a kind place here at Dale Hollow We are just so conveniently located to the lake!! And to shopping, food, restaurants, etc. ( 35 minutes into Cookeville). Most everyone that has been inside is impressed with the style and cuteness of this place. It's been built with love and cared for with attention to detail. We hope you will come enjoy it as much as our family and friends have. We want to provide a small place for small gatherings...most of the time we will be close by in our home down the hill and can attend to your needs. All the while realizing your privacy and ours is essential! In other words, we're here if you need us and we'll keep away if you don't! It's kind of a southern hospitality thing!!...moreless
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 2 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $50 + tax
- Tax Rate 9.75%
Check in 3pm Central Time. Check out 10am Central Time
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Convenient location yet nestled in the woods. Just off Hwy 111 near the only bridge that crosses Dale Hollow Lake. Only one minute drive down to Sunset Marina, beach swimming area, and boat ramp. Grocery store, dollar store, beer sales, and several local restaurants just down the road. No need to be traveling a great distance once you are at the lake for necessities. Parking for 2 cars and one boat trailer provided. Come experience our crystal clear lake with 620 miles of pristine shoreline. We always say, 'once you come to Dale Hollow, you will be back!'
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: Several years ago Jim and I followed our dream and moved fulltime to Dale Hollow Lake! My family is originally from the area, so Jim and I spent years traveling back and forth from Indiana every chance we got. Our two sons were raised boating on Dale Hollow lake and once they both graduated from Purdue University we headed south. Our treehouse was first completed and connected to five trees with bolts and chains....after swaying in the trees for a few years, we decided to construct a permanent foundation and let that better hold the treehouse in place. Now the pillars do their job and yet the trees remain, growing thru the decking. We lived in our treehouse while we built our larger lakeview home just down the hill in the woods. Our treehouse became our guest house and home office.....Jim and I are both brokers with Elder Real Estate and have sold real estate in the area for the last 12 years. We consider ourselves Dale Hollow Lake Specialists and now offer our well loved treehouse as a vacation home for others to enjoy.
Why the Owner Chose Byrdstown, TN, USA:
This property consists of 12 acres of woods immediately off of Highway 111 in Byrdstown, TN. It has been in the same family for decades. Even the original barn (with a little lean to one side) is part of the ambiance.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Our location is one that surpasses most vacation cabin rentals here at Dale Hollow. We are just off Highway 111, very near the bridge that crosses the lake. Yet being in the woods, and down over the hill, the treehouse gives the sense of privacy that vacationers want. Jump in your car and run to the grocery store and be back in no time....not down some winding road forever just to get a loaf of bread! And if you forget something while out on the lake.....just a short drive up the road from the marina and you are back in the water in a flash!
- Primary: 931-397-7437 cell
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Main floor with twin beds, all wood interior
gas fireplace, flat screen tv
Gas fireplace for heat
kitchenette with oak custom cabinets farm sink
Recliner and flat screen tv on main floor
view from loft that has king size bed in loft
small done well....lots of love built in this treehouse
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 16, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.