Beautiful Elegant Mountain Retreat with Breathtaking Ocean Views(6 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
3 Bdm/3 bathrms duplex With private pool with maginificient ocean and mtn. view
Before you read further, please agree to one thing: This is a nature-loving community that respects and enjoys the peace and beauty that we share with other residents -- monkeys, Macaws, toucans, coatis, etc. Sit quietly in 'the Sanctuary' area of our orchard or in our infinity pool, and you will see beautiful birds, racoon-like Coatis, monkeys and, of course, the sunrises and sunsets that are nature's gorgeous work on canvas.
When you stay at our home, you are our guests, and hopefully our future friends. Thus, we are selective of whom we invite! If you are interested in loud parties, there are plenty of hotels in Jaco or Hermosa to choose from. This place is for gentle souls who value nature and friendship. If you are one of those, please read further!
Three things that may interest you:
1. Our furniture was built by a Costa Rican artist and not imported from the Far East. We believe in helping the local industry when we can. The bookcase was made from samples of Costa Rican wood. The paintings on the first floor were painted by a Costa Rican artist. The kimono you see on the second floor wall is a wedding kimono (silk), which is worn after the wedding ceremony. The second floor is furnished to represent the spirit of Japan. 'Where East Meets West' is the name of our home. The second floor has a roofed deck with rocking chairs that is perfect for rainy days. A perfect ocean view while you sip on tea or coffee on this deck, rain or shine!
2. The infinity pool: Step into your private pool from your living room after a busy day of touring or just when you want to relax. In the morning and near supper time, you will hear and see toucans. On some days, you will see other birds, as shown in the photos on this site. They don't seem to be bothered by visitors in the pool, but they will stay longer if you are quiet. From the kitchen window, I once saw a huge group of monkeys that included a half a dozen mothers with babies! They seemed to be staring at me!
3. The decks: There are four decks/sitting areas. The Sanctuary inside our orchard is a place for meditating. It has a wonderful ocean view, but since it is somewhat visible from the neighbors, we ask that you respect their privacy. The pool deck has three loungers. It's nice to sit under the umbrella and read there. The second floor deck is covered. It also has a beautiful view of Playa Hermosa. The rooftop deck is huge, and is partially roofed. There is a granite counter on one side, where you can have a drink of your choice. There is a barbecue grill and a sink. From one side, you will see the sun rising over Playa Hermos, and from the other, a sun setting over Playa Jaco. It is a very special place to be.
We hope that you enjoy nature by honoring its peace and tranquility of this beautiful land. Of course, you can also drive down to Jaco to enjoy everything that a tourist does!
Before making a payment, always call the manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
cell phone (Kei), Eastern Standard Time Zone
Member since: 2013
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Our care-taker/manager will be happy to assist you with any information you may need. She will give you her cell phone # after you arrive just in case something breaks down. If you would like a driver, we know someone who is fantastic to take you places. If you need a car rental company to come and pick you up at the airport, please ask me, and I will give you the contact information. You are just 15 minutes away from Jaco, with many shops and restaurants. It is, however, so nice to return home to a place surrounded by nature and a quiet life on the hill. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Ocean View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 18 - Dec 18, 2016
5 night min stay
Peak - Christmas/New Year's
Dec 19 - Jan 5, 2017
5 night min stay
On season -before Easter Break
Jan 6 - Apr 6, 2017
5 night min stay
Peak - Easter
Apr 7 - Apr 16, 2017
5 night min stay
Apr 17 - May 31, 2017
5 night min stay
Jun 1 - Dec 8, 2017
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Tax Rate 13%
We are in a quiet community of nature lovers. Please honor the respectable quiet hours in the evening and night. We hope that you will enjoy this unforgettable experience and beauty that await you, and return home with great memories of Costa Rica. Please call or email with any questions you may have.
50% deposit to confirm reservations.
This deposit is refundable in full up to 2 months prior your visit,
50% up to two weeks prior visit; no refund the last two weeks.
A damage deposit of $200 will be returned to you after checkout if there are no damages or excessive cleaning.
Manager's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Our 3-bedroom/3 full bath home is a duplex that has everything, from a private pool, a spacious rooftop deck to a recently-added fruit orchard! We are about 2 miles up the mountain from Hermosa Beach. The elevation gives us less humidity, a cool mountain breeze, and fewer bugs! Come and feel the fresh mountain air and observe toucans, Scarlet Macaws, green parrots, coatis, or some unique insects! We've combined the two worlds of the East and the West (Japan and Costa Rica), exquisitely furnished in two unique styles of furniture made by a talented Sarchi artisan. We believe in working with the local economy instead of importing goods where we can!
After a quick ride down and easy parking at Hermosa Beach, you will see five miles of unobstructed beach for great morning walks. Hermosa has some local restaurants, but for a variety of gourmet and local food, drive 10 minutes more to Jaco, a center of tourism. Golfers can go five more miles north to Los Suenos Marriott Resort's golf course near the beach. Manuel Antonio, a national park that you must visit, is within an hour's drive, where you can observe nature via an excellent guided tour! So, whether you are watching the sunrises or sunsets from our spectacular 1000-foot deck, studying birds and local wildlife without stepping out of our home, or actively being a tourist, you will take hom wonderful memories of Costa Rica with you!
Consider our home a first-class retreat amidst beautiful Costa Rican nature, far enough from the city noise, but close enough to enjoy the crowd. We recently invested in having a high-speed Internet service installed, so you can keep in touch with your family via Skype or visit your favorite websites anytime!
Loud, unruly and disrespectful guests are not invited, but if you are into nature and yet still want to be pampered, please consider our home!
Year Purchased: 2010
About: We are two Americans living in Maryland, one foot into retirement. In 2007, we discovered this area after doing much real-estate search in the North Pacific area of Costa Rica. It was dry and hot there, and we were awestruck by the luscious beauty of Hermosa Hills when we arrived. Michael wanted to be near 'civilization' while I wanted trees, birds, ane even cows! So this was a perfect blend of the two conflicting interests! Unfortunately, I did not get my cows or chickens! We are surrounded by greenness and bio-diversity of the tropics, but a short ride from all the restaurants and 'civilization!' While it took us several years to complete this beautiful home in Costa Rica, we feel that such a treasure must be shared and enjoyed. So, we hope that you will come for a very special treat!
Why Hermosa Hills (Puntarenas, Costa Rica):
Views, views and views! You notice that most of our picture we posted are of nature. We devoted years to build a home with its own unique beauty, but we fell in love with the panoramic splendor that Hermosa Hills offered us. Who can forget the lively, colorful paintings in the sky early in the morning! Once you see it, you will look forward to the next morning's hour-long performance by the sun, weaving in and out of the clouds. When I oversleep, I can't wait to see the next sunrise! The sunset over Jaco Beach is a calming, contemplative, reflective experience. The stars on a clear night, or a full moon reflecting over the Pacific Ocean are just some of the reasons why we chose to return there. Of course, its proximity to Jaco, the center of activity, was also a good reason for building our home there.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The most unique value is the 1000-sq.-ft. rooftop coral deck, partially roofed, with a granite counter for enjoying the 5:30 sunrises (over Playa Hermosa) and 5:30 sunsets (over Playa Jaco)! A coffee in the morning, and wine in the evening on the same deck! Grab our binoculars and watch toucans, green parrots and Scarlet Macaws in action! If you're there when the monkeys are traveling, you will see them eating berries and fruit. The house is elegantly furnished, so you will have a mountain retreat with the feeling of being in a first-class hotel! We built this home in the memory of my parents, who respected nature; my mother loving flowers, and my father loving trees. So, their beautiful spirits are etched in everything we did to build this home. We welcome you to share this special experience.
- Primary: +1 240-535-1230 cell phone (Kei), Eastern Standard Time Zone
- Secondary: +1 240-535-5510 cell phone (Michael), Eastern Standard Time Zone
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
A well-equipped kitchen for the chefs! A washer/dryer unit is to your left.
Behind this living room is a dining area with six seatings.
Bananas, papayas, guavas, pineapples, avocados, oranges...
Second floor master bedroom. A large walk-in closet and a bathroom in the back.
Framed silk fabric in each room is made from 'obi,' a silk sash worn with kimono
Sun rising over the mountains on a cloudy day.
Sun is showing the depth of the mountains and the richness of the morning calm.
A typical ocean view from the rooftop deck on a sunny day! A panoramic view!
The deck flooring is coral, so your feet will never get hot!
No, this is not the sun! A full moon relfecting on Pacific Ocean (Jaco Beach)!
Two toucan lovebirds on our tree. Photo by Linda.
Who am I? A turkey? I'll let you guess. I think I am prettier than a turkey!
Gorgeous island, highlighted by a unique slate of granite, nature's masterpiece.
First Floor bedroom has oil paintings by talented, local artists.
'The Sanctuary: Walk down to our orchard, where an ocean view awaits you.
'Kinomo Room' is an epitomy of where East meets West!
Second-floor bathrooms have two sinks and a semi-circular shower rooms.
The sun is burning the sky! To the right is the Pacific Ocean/ Hermosa Beach
A magnificent sunrise show over the mountains and Hermosa Beach
Ahhh... This is heaven! View the ocean from the hammock!
A gorgeous sunset over Jaco Beach
Scarlet Macaw on our tree. Photo taken by Linda.
Another family of toucans, also on our tree.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the manager or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees