Built in 1940, the Hoover Haus is fully renovated with hardwood floors and a beautiful mix of industrial and vintage decor.
An ideal central location for a stay in Missouri, the Show Me state. Centrally located to St. Louis, wine country, and river floats, the Hoover Haus hosts the discerning business traveler, the solo traveler, and couples and small families looking to enjoy the St. Louis area.
The Hoover Haus has 2 bedrooms, both with queen size beds, a full bathroom, and an open living, dining, and kitchen area.
With crisp white linens from The Distinguished Guest and deliciously comfortable beds, your sleep is high priority at the Hoover Haus.
Each bedroom also features original art from the owner, canvases of bicycles found during her travels as a commercial photographer.
The Hoover Haus was created as a retreat of peace and relaxation while you are in the area. Whether you are here for business, for exploring Missouri parks and wine country, for biking the Katy Trail, or visiting family for a wedding or holiday, the Hoover Haus will be your place to rejuvenate.
The living area features an incredibly gorgeous area rug that you want to dig your toes into when you sit back to catch up on your Netflix series. The Roku smart TV has cable as well as Dish Sling, You Tube, Spotify, and more.
*Note that you will need to have your own Netflix, Hulu, Dish. etc. accounts to access those features as we do not share our accounts with you.*
Fully equipped with all major appliances as well as several small appliances that you can't live without (i.e. Keurig, regular coffeemaker, teapot).
The Hoover Haus is equipped with white place settings, solid flatware, and sleek glassware, as well as wine glasses for relaxing and children's settings for small families.
With white subway tile and fluffy white towels, the bathroom is completely renovated and refreshed. Featuring a large rain shower head, I made sure to have a large hot water heater.
FRONT PORCH and BACKYARD
I couldn't resist painting the porch and steps a gorgeous blue, making the white rocking chairs even more inviting, perfect for a morning cup of coffee or an evening glass of a local craft beer or wine.
The backyard is huge, with plenty of room to run or simply take a walk under the trees.
Only a pre approved small dog is allowed in Hoover Haus at $25/night, unless you are showing or competing at the Purina Farms events. Special consideration and pricing are given for dogs in shows and competitions. Please message with the number of dogs, their breed(s), and their event at Purina Farms. If you bring an unapproved pet, you will be charged a minimum $300 fine.
HOW FAR AWAY
The Hoover Haus is in a handy location to explore the eastern half of mid Missouri. Here are some popular attractions and how far away the Hoover Haus is:
- East Central College and the Union industrial park @ 5-7 minutes
- Washington, Missouri and the Missouri River (downtown festivals, Town and Country Fair, large industrial park) @ 15-20 minutes
- Blu Room therapy @ 15 minutes
- Purina Farms and Shaw's Arboretum @ 15-20 minutes
- Six Flags @ 20-25 minutes
- Missouri Wine Country in Augusta @ 30 minutes
- Other area wineries from Union (7 minutes) to New Haven (25 minutes) to Hermann (55 minutes)
- River floating on the Huzzah River, Current River, and the Meramec River @ 30-60 minutes
- Downtown St. Louis for Cardinals baseball, Blues hockey, the Fox Theatre, the St. Louis Zoo, the Muny, the Science Center, the Art Museum, Forest Park, the City Museum, the Arch, Missouri Botanical Gardens, and much more @ 50-60 minutes