So close to all of the action, yet so far away from all the tourist traps and expense-account venues. Live in a signature neighborhood where everything you need (plus more!) is just down the street. Many locals wish they could live here, for both the location and the lifestyle.
* Walk Score 95
* One block from Whole Foods and WeWorks
* 3 blocks away from Union Station and Metro
* 15 minute walk to the Capitol
* On the quiet end of the Atlas District (music, retail, bars, restaurants, FUN!)
Whether you are a large family, or a close-knit team in town for business, relax and laugh together in the spacious open-floor private living area instead of in a crowded public venue. This home is about your quality time together.
Live like a true DC local on the "Senate side" of the U.S. Capitol on the popular H Street NE neighborhood, full of neighborhood amenities such as multiple grocery stores, a nearby drugstore, and tons of restaurants.
Our ~2300 sq/ft 5 bedroom 3.5 bath home is professionally cleaned down to the baseboards for each stay. Relax in a space that doesn't double as someone else's home filled with all of their personal belongings. This is a combination of two existing listings that encompass two separately metered spaces in a rowhouse. There is no connecting interior staircase between the units.
I renovated the rowhouse in 2016 (new construction in 1912) after our family had lived there for seven years. The comfortable rowhouse accommodates up to 10 people, sporting a king bed in the main bedroom, three queen beds in three other bedrooms, and a full size bed in another bedroom.
You will enjoy exclusive use of the entire house, including:
* main floor is an open-floor kitchen, dining room, and living area, with half-bath
*upper floor has 3 bedrooms, a master bathroom and a hallway bathroom
*lower suite has a kitchen, living/dining area, two bedrooms and a bathroom
* top of the line Leaf and Loom king "relaxed firm" memory foam mattress in master bedroom
* comfortable Leaf and Loom queen mattresses in other three bedrooms
* comfortable Leaf and Loom full mattress in fifth bedroom
* blackout blinds and shutters for easy sleeping
* ceiling fans
* 500 count bedsheets
* Warm comforters and duvets freshly cleaned for each stay!
Entertainment and Working:
* high-speed wifi (usually 25 Mbps download speeds);
* best-in-class 55" LG curved OLED TV;
* 42" VIZIO 1080p LED Smart TV in each bedroom;
* DirecTV, with HBO and Netflix;
* central heating and air;
* washer/dryer with detergent, iron, and ironing board; and
* access to me and my highly opinionated take of the District!
Sometimes it is hard to control your own diet and/or food budget when living in a hotel. The gourmet kitchens features:
* a VitaMix blender
* extensive kitchen utensils, featuring oXo Good Grips
* Sur la Table cookware, plateware, flatware;
* a full-size refrigerator/freezer;
* gas stove, microwave, and toaster;
* chef's knife, professionally sharpened regularly; and
* Mr. Coffee maker, with coffee packets and tea.
3 1/2 Bathrooms:
* always immaculately cleaned
* fluffy Real Simple white bath towels
* shampoo, conditioner, and body wash
* hairdryer, make-up remover wipes
Whether you want to prepare for an important meeting or relax after a day of intensive sightseeing, you are in good hands! Please contact me for your reservation! Thanks!
You will access the entire house and backyard.
Interaction with Guests:
We love to help you discover the true, local DC and want to make your stay as comfortable as possible! We are also available to help you out with your travels and can provide advice on places to eat and things to do.
For those who value their privacy, the setup is such where you can come and go without any interaction with us at all. I respect your privacy, and I ask that you respect your neighbors' privacy, too.
Recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of the 10 top trendiest neighborhoods in the nation, H Street NE is a great mix of medium-density residential and a growing retail and restaurant scene.
We are located 2 blocks away from Giant (grocery store). Also just a quick 10 minute walk to the acclaimed Union Market for great food. A Whole Foods is a block away, too!
Also located within a block are two yoga studios, and a vegan juice/raw food bar. Further down H Street NE are two Crossfit studios as well.
The rowhouse is centrally located for sightseeing. The Supreme Court, Library of Congress, and the Capitol are all a pleasurable stroll away through a lovely tree-lined neighborhood.
No need to have a car, our place is convenient to all of the airports and public transportation! We are:
* a 5 minute walk from the historic Union Station (Metro, Amtrak, MARC train);
* a block away from the X1 commuter bus (easy morning access to the National Mall, Tidal Basin cherry blossoms, and Smithsonian museums with return service in the late afternoon), X2 bus (to the Capital One Arena and the White House), and the streetcar!
* 10 minute bus ride on the D4 to the Convention Center.
* half a block away from a Capital Bikeshare station, available for daily rentals at $7 a day; and
* Uber car service is always just a quick call away.
For driving, both I-395 and New York Ave (US-50) are less than a mile away, so it's very easy to get to/from any local airports or to the beltway (495) and parts beyond.
If you plan to drive, the closest parking garage is at 610 H Street NE at $18/day, or at Union Station, which charges about $22/day or by the hour. Street parking is not feasible, as it is limited to two hours/day.
Other Things to Note:
This is a combination of two existing listings that encompass two separately metered spaces in a rowhouse. There is no connecting interior staircase between the units.
Also, please be respectful of your noise level during quiet hours. Our neighbors live here full time and we work hard to maintain good relationships with them.
The good news is that you can have as much fun as you want without worrying if you're disturbing the neighbors. Our house is equipped with NoiseAware which measures sound levels and alerts us if things are too loud so we can give you a heads up. Rest assured that NoiseAware does not record content, it only measures noise levels so your privacy is 100% guaranteed.
Similarly, there are security cameras covering all of the entrances to the house, but none inside. Your privacy in the private spaces is completely respected.
• No smoking
• No pets
• No parties or events
• Check-in time is 4PM - 2AM (next day)